• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a Espana stage one - Assen TT - 4.8km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

I just caught this, there was no cyclingnews live report for this stage???!!! WTF is up with that?

Edit: For some reason my page hadn't updated since this morning. I guess there was one...

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
pedro delgado , is great he was just joking about fabian either being cold and needed more to wear , or he thought he couldnt decide what color to wear and needing to check his fashion ensemble...............i love the attitude they have , its playful , yet insightful , they have fun with it

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Cerberus said:
Not your fault :p, thanks for trying to help though.

hey do you have a sattelite .........or cable programming...........if so look into getting TVE , its on every day , granted its in spanish , and they have misques as far as program timing , which cracks me up , but the coverage is good and they always have great after stage interviews.......im a natural spanish speaker and it sometimes surprises me whom else handles the language well , like Vino , he was a surprise to me a couple of years ago

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
if you look at the FAQ for eurosport its definately available in denmark, on the countries and languages listed.. :?
http://player.eurosport.co.uk/faq

It's Universal Sports that's not avalaible in my area. My problem with Eurosport was that I attempted to sign up for British Eurosport and apparently they rerouted me to international Eurosport. Still not a big problem, seems coverage of the Vuelta is ok on International Eurosport to, the coverage just started later today.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
hfer07 said:
Vinokourov managed to make top 10-Basso is there too-hope he has an agreement in place with Kreuziger - Valverde looked good... I see some fireworks popping in the next stages...

The team has the season all planned out and Basso is sole leader.

However, Kreuziger has a history of mouthing off to the press and not caring about anyone but himself. So I can easily see him refusing to work for Basso.

However I don't believe he can beat Basso.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
lagartija said:
hey do you have a sattelite .........or cable programming...........if so look into getting TVE , its on every day , granted its in spanish , and they have misques as far as program timing , which cracks me up , but the coverage is good and they always have great after stage interviews.......im a natural spanish speaker and it sometimes surprises me whom else handles the language well , like Vino , he was a surprise to me a couple of years ago

Neither unfortunatly, and I don't speak Spanish. But as a mentioned it looks like the Eurosport Channels that I signed up for has ok Vuelta coverage too so it works out fine. Might even be a good thing since the commentary is in Danish. I have no trouble understanding English, but Danish commentators are likely to focus a bit more on Saxo Bank while Brittish commentators would probably emphasize English speaking teams and riders.

Cerberus said:
It's Universal Sports that's not avalaible in my area. My problem with Eurosport was that I attempted to sign up for British Eurosport and apparently they rerouted me to international Eurosport. Still not a big problem, seems coverage of the Vuelta is ok on International Eurosport to, the coverage just started later today.

No it's not. Brit Eurosport may have the whole of tomorrow's stage, live, while International only have highlights at 19-15 CET. Don't know if it's the same fro the player. Is it not on TV 2 sport?
It will settle down, once the Vuelta reaches home.

issoisso said:
The TT isn't technical at all. It's all power. It's the type of TT where Sánchez usually loses bucketloads of time. Considering that I'm impressed by his time

I wouldn't agree with that. Normally he's allthough the better TT than Gesink. Now he's the worst of the 4 main GC favourites so for him it's a bad perfomance. He even lost time at Burgos TT. We'll see how good his form really is, but I would put a little question mark after it now.

For Gesink it's a good result loosing just 6 sec. to Basso. If he could match as well at the 30km TT he'll have all chances in the mountains. Basso seems to be in a great form. Vinou with the good time I was expected, but I don't see him beeing able to follow the big contenders in the mountains. He's only good in TT's at the moment, not in the mountains as we've seen in France.

Cancellara in gold is maybe a bit suprising, but if he's going for all he is just the best TT and Prologue rider in the world. Seems like he did today. I'm curious who's gonna be the leader tomorrow. Boonen, Bennati or Farrar?

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
No it's not. Brit Eurosport may have the whole of tomorrow's stage, live, while International only have highlights at 19-15 CET. Don't know if it's the same fro the player. Is it not on TV 2 sport?
It will settle down, once the Vuelta reaches home.
it's the same on the player, but i'm not going to be watching all of every stage in any case, just the finishes and key stages. I'm writing my Master Thesis at the moment, so there's a limit to the amount of distraction that's good for me.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
staubsauger said:
I wouldn't agree with that. Normally he's allthough the better TT than Gesink. Now he's the worst of the 4 main GC favourites so for him it's a bad perfomance. He even lost time at Burgos TT.

He was always awful in time trials due to his lack of raw power. In 2006 he started to train with Igor González de Galdeano, a time trial master.

He can't magically gain the raw power to win these TTs, but due to Galdeano's advice of when to push it, when to recover, when to ride tempo, etc., he can do very well in more technical TTs.

I'll point you to the TTs at the 2007 Vuelta. One TT was extremely technical, mostly difficult turns, with no long straights. He won the stage and knocked Evans off the podium.

The other one was flat on a highway with no turns, just power the whole way. Not a single break in your pedalling rhythm the entire time. No skill, no intelligence, nothing but sheer power. He lost 3 and a half minutes. He even finished behind Efimkin.