• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta España 2023 stage 10, Valladolid - Valladolid 25.6km ITT

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
nobody is gaining 3 to 5 minutes on a 25 km TT

This is not the 2015 giro TT
I tend to agree but we don’t need to look as far back as the the 2015 Giro. The 2023 TdF TT was only 22km and look what Vingegaard did in just 33 minutes. But with the Tour in his legs I would be shocked if Vingo can repeat what he did at the Tour to Pogacar to a fresh Remco on a perfect course for Remco.

Remco to win the stage
2nd Roglic
3rd Vingegaard

I will not predict time gaps.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
I tend to agree but we don’t need to look as far back as the the 2015 Giro. The 2023 TdF TT was only 22km and look what Vingegaard did in just 33 minutes. But with the Tour in his legs I would be shocked if Vingo can repeat what he did at the Tour to Pogacar to a fresh Remco on a perfect course for Remco.

Remco to win the stage
2nd Roglic
3rd Vingegaard

I will not predict time gaps.
Even with his Tour legs Vingegaard wouldn't take 2 minutes in this TT. That was purely a result of the course. Right now it seems he just has base level, not great, not bad, and I expect his TT to be likewise. Third of the GC guys seems just about right, although Ayuso might have something to say about that.

I think Remco will take at least half a minute on him.

I hope Sepp Kuss will surprise us.

Back in the days, when he was GC leader, even Pantani showed nice ITTs. I hope it‘s the same for Kuss tomorrow.

In recent past, you always knew that it‘s Vuelta time of the year when the 58kg Spanish climbers equaled Cancellara‘s and Tony Martin‘s finishing times in even the flat ITTs.

I don’t really know, for example, what is Enric Mas‘ „problem“ in the flat time trials. He has the exactly same weight as Remco, and was 2.9 kms/hr slower than him in last year’s Vuelta ITT (flat). I would be very interested to get to know the reasons why Mas until now failed to become a very good stage race time trialist. Every year, I hope he has improved, but every year, I notice he is three or four kms/hr slower than the winners, in these stage race time trials. I hope he‘s good tomorrow - otherwise final podium will be hard to achieve.

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan

Amazingly round numbers. The Vuelta staff / ASO f'ed up, again? 🧐

Anyway, I just hope no assaults on female spectators happen after the finish line (or anywhere, for that matter). 😇

I hope Sepp Kuss will surprise us.

Back in the days, when he was GC leader, even Pantani showed nice ITTs. I hope it‘s the same for Kuss tomorrow.

In recent past, you always knew that it‘s Vuelta time of the year when the 58kg Spanish climbers equaled Cancellara‘s and Tony Martin‘s finishing times in even the flat ITTs.

I don’t really know, for example, what is Enric Mas‘ „problem“ in the flat time trials. He has the exactly same weight as Remco, and was 2.9 kms/hr slower than him in last year’s Vuelta ITT (flat). I would be very interested to get to know the reasons why Mas until now failed to become a very good stage race time trialist. Every year, I hope he has improved, but every year, I notice he is three or four kms/hr slower than the winners, in these stage race time trials. I hope he‘s good tomorrow - otherwise final podium will be hard to achieve.
Mas is unaero as ***. His seated position is super straight up

1. Evenepoel
2. Vingegaard 45'' (I think he is not top)
3. Almeida 55''
4. Ayuso 1'00''
5. Roglic 1'05''
6. Mas 1'10''
8. Kuss 2'30''

(Kuss can do a bit better but the JV strategy will be to put Remco in red if they see that he would do significant better than V&R to pressure him and his team)