• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

WADA Getting Ready to Reinstate Russia

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Do you have a source that he is a 'convicted criminal'?

Looks more like a highly valued expert in his field (even decorated by his country's authorities) who should have no problems gaining entry into other countries

https://phototass1.cdnvideo.ru/width/1200_4ce85301/tass/m2/uploads/i/20160711/4288778.jpg

As for your paragraph 3, my understanding is that according to Taylor or some other WADA person, the issues with test results are up to the end of 2015, so again I am not sure what your indignation is about.

And in para 4, why would you care about that? You're not Russian, you only parrot the state line...

I care because I am not a fan of discrimination. I don't care who it's against. Criminals exchanging clean samples with dirty samples to get at their employers and tarnish athletes that were never involved with any doping (prior or since) I have a problem with. It's the US authorities that are parroting.

Reactions: fasthill
From the same article, the last bit: "Since January 2016, Grigory Rodchenkov has been residing in the United States. Two criminal cases were launched against him in Russia, he is indicted on counts of power abuse and illegal distribution of highly potent or toxic substances. The court arrested him in absentia." The guy is shady as best.

Notice how the US hails him as a hero for 'spilling the beans,' and they vilify Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden. Rodchenkov worked in that field for 30 years, then all of a sudden decided to talk because he wasn't happy with what he was getting in return. He then manipulated tests and fled the country. All of a sudden he is a 'anti-doping hero' who should be lauded.

Snowden was 28, had worked within the intelligence community for only a few months when he saw the corruption, the spying, the targeting of civilians, etc and had the honesty and morals to spill the beans right away, because he was sickened what he saw. Likewise Chelsea Manning, but in the US they are looked upon as traitors.

If Rodchenkov was/is so concerned about 'fair play' and 'anti-doping,' why did it take him 30 years to speak out? If the problem was there all along, why didn't he, in good conscience, do something about it earlier?

I have far more respect for 'leakers' like Manning and Snowden than a shady, confirmed criminal Rodchenkov who wants to get paid and get a visa (I am assuming it didn't take long for him to get one in the US.). Manning and Snowden came out right away and said 'wait a minute, what's happening here is wrong and I want the public to know,' Rodchenkov was part of the problem for a long time and had no problem in going beyond his duties and became a criminal. The whole country is in danger of being blanket banned because he had a beef with his employers and he wants to destroy the prospects of a lot of athletes that had nothing to do with him. How anyone defends the guy is beyond me.

I care because I am not a fan of discrimination. I don't care who it's against. Criminals exchanging clean samples with dirty samples to get at their employers and tarnish athletes that were never involved with any doping (prior or since) I have a problem with. It's the US authorities that are parroting.

***. Anyone who has been reading the board long enough knows which side you have taken.

'Rodchenkov changed the DB'

squawk

'Rodchenkov switched the samples'

squawk

'there's no evidence'

squawk

'WADA is not independent'

squawk

'WADA is discriminatory '

squawk

Smearing Rodchenkov at every opportunity - even though the accounts from people who actually know him paint a different picture

squawk

etc, etc, etc

And don't look at WADA, look at the mirror first. It's people like you who are always prepared to cast doubt on any actions (or persons) that are critical of your beloved Russia that played a part in getting them into this mess. Without people already in place to play the victim/political bias card, attack the opponents, ignore the evidence and engage in the tried and tested Soviet whataboutism, those who made decisions to do something shady maybe would have thought twice how those actions would be perceived.

Reactions: search
From the same article, the last bit: "Since January 2016, Grigory Rodchenkov has been residing in the United States. Two criminal cases were launched against him in Russia, he is indicted on counts of power abuse and illegal distribution of highly potent or toxic substances. The court arrested him in absentia." The guy is shady as best.

Notice how the US hails him as a hero for 'spilling the beans,' and they vilify Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden. Rodchenkov worked in that field for 30 years, then all of a sudden decided to talk because he wasn't happy with what he was getting in return. He then manipulated tests and fled the country. All of a sudden he is a 'anti-doping hero' who should be lauded.

Snowden was 28, had worked within the intelligence community for only a few months when he saw the corruption, the spying, the targeting of civilians, etc and had the honesty and morals to spill the beans right away, because he was sickened what he saw. Likewise Chelsea Manning, but in the US they are looked upon as traitors.

If Rodchenkov was/is so concerned about 'fair play' and 'anti-doping,' why did it take him 30 years to speak out? If the problem was there all along, why didn't he, in good conscience, do something about it earlier?

I have far more respect for 'leakers' like Manning and Snowden than a shady, confirmed criminal Rodchenkov who wants to get paid and get a visa (I am assuming it didn't take long for him to get one in the US.). Manning and Snowden came out right away and said 'wait a minute, what's happening here is wrong and I want the public to know,' Rodchenkov was part of the problem for a long time and had no problem in going beyond his duties and became a criminal. The whole country is in danger of being blanket banned because he had a beef with his employers and he wants to destroy the prospects of a lot of athletes that had nothing to do with him. How anyone defends the guy is beyond me.

Boring.

I am not aware of anyone 'defending' him here.

If you have a problem with anyone hailing hims as a hero - take it up with them instead of clattering up the thread with another one of your 'hey, look over here' posts.

Italy #1, France #2, US #3, Russia at #5. Russia gets suspended. Hypocrites like Travis Tygart want every Russian athlete to be suspended for 4 years.

If you have evidence that USADA/US authorities are covering up doping by Americans you should contact WADA.

Otherwise it's more of the same.

First of all, it wouldn't do any good. As I've mentioned before, Tygart is a hypocrite, he gives out TUE's like candy on thanksgiving and athletes like Christian Coleman are allowed to miss three doping tests in a year.

But here you go:

Shall I go on?

And what do you think about WADA's report on anti-doping violations from 2017? Care to chime in? Look at the number of violations, Italy has more than twice as many violations than Russia, France at 46 more than Russia and the US, the always playing it fair US, has 21 more.

Reactions: Nomad

GVFTA

BANNED
First of all, it wouldn't do any good. As I've mentioned before, Tygart is a hypocrite, he gives out TUE's like candy on thanksgiving and athletes like Christian Coleman are allowed to miss three doping tests in a year.

But here you go:

Shall I go on?

And what do you think about WADA's report on anti-doping violations from 2017? Care to chime in? Look at the number of violations, Italy has more than twice as many violations than Russia, France at 46 more than Russia and the US, the always playing it fair US, has 21 more.

The governing bodies, both international and national, are and always have been as corrupt as the world's worst politicians. The autonomy with with they function will allow it to continue perpetually.

But here you go:

Shall I go on?

Evidently you have a different standard of evidence when it comes to USA and Russia.

But that's nothing new.

And I also asked about USADA and the best you can do is Coleman which was indeed suspect (seems extremely convenient that the testing procedure was initiated 1 minute outside the designated testing window) and something about TUE's without any actual numbers.

Not really much compared to 100+ cases of doping potentially being covered up.

So, yes, do go on. Or maybe don't as it is not the thread for it, regardless of how much you want to make it so,

And your next talking point is really not worth discussing in this thread, period. Try reading more of the WADA website and not only the stuff your handlers send you.

Evidently you have a different standard of evidence when it comes to USA and Russia.

But that's nothing new.

And I also asked about USADA and the best you can do is Coleman which was indeed suspect (seems extremely convenient that the testing procedure was initiated 1 minute outside the designated testing window) and something about TUE's without any actual numbers.

Not really much compared to 100+ cases of doping potentially being covered up.

So, yes, do go on. Or maybe don't as it is not the thread for it, regardless of how much you want to make it so,

And your next talking point is really not worth discussing in this thread, period. Try reading more of the WADA website and not only the stuff your handlers send you.

My 'handlers' eh? Wow, you are really reaching, aren't you? I specifically shared a number of links where it specifically talks about the US covering up hundreds of doping positives over a long period of time and not being punished for it. The USOC own anti-doping chief at the time was the one that handed over files and accusations, not Russians. I shared those articles because it shows a clear double standard by WADA and the IOC. You talk about the alleged coverups by the Russians, yet you say nothing about the allegations of the Americans. Likewise, you gave nothing in regards to the WADA figures from 2017. The link goes straight to WADA's website, not a Russian site or another site written by a Russian or some 'handler.'

If you are going to just make ad hominem attacks and insinuate that I am Russian simply because I am not going by the 2019 narrative then there's really no point in discussing/debating anything with you.

Reactions: GVFTA and Nomad

TRENDING THREADS