• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Website Errors.

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-de-romandie-2012/stage-2/results

The British team allowed Lars Bak (Lotto Belisol Team) and Christian Meier (GreenEdge Cycling Team) to escape in the early stages of the race and the pair had a gap of 3:50 after 43 kilometres of racing. With Bak coming back from injury Meier was the most dangerous of the leading duo, sitting within two minutes of the yellow jersey.

Sky, however, quickly assumed control of the race and Wiggins's general classification lead was never in doubt.

Heading onto the final climb of the race, the Col de Ranjiers, the thin blue line marshalled their leader to the head of the field and began to ride a tempo. By now Bak and Meier were surviving on fumes and it was the Australian who buckled first as the gradient rose toward 15 percent.

I do not think Christian meier is australian, sure he rides for an australian team but i don't think he is australian.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Roche has so far struggled for form, picking up an illness around Paris-Nice and struggling for much of the spring. He has pinpointed over training as a possible reason but with an altered race programme as he builds towards the Tour de France he is aware that results will be all important.

“My form is so, so. I had a difficult start to eh season and I’m lust getting there now. I’m not trying to rush things now.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nicholas-roche-puts-off-contract-talks-to-work-on-results

I lust to ride also :p :D

http://www.cyclingnews.com/giro-ditalia/start-list

CN Giro startlist for Lotto:

131 Bart De Clercq (Bel)
132 BULGAC Brian (Ned)
133 Francis De Greef (Bel)
134 Kenny Dehaes (Bel)
135 Gert Dockx (Bel)
136 Adam Hansen (Aus)
137 Olivier Kaisen (Bel)
138 Gianni Meersman (Bel)
139 Dennis Vanendert (Bel)

Cyclingfewer.com startlist for Lotto:

BAK Lars Ytting Denmark
BILLE Gaetan Belgium
BULGAC Brian Netherlands
DE CLERCQ Bart Belgium
DE GREEF Francis Belgium
HANSEN Adam Australia
KAISEN Olivier Belgium
MEERSMAN Gianni Belgium
VANENDERT Dennis Belgium

While I don't know which is right of Bille, Dockx and Dehaes I can assure you that if Bak was suddenly out it would've been all over the Danish news!

On the other hand; Martin Mortensen from Vacansoleil is a non-starter...

I have a suspicion that's not a webside error as much as a Cancellara error.:p

---

In the live report from yesterday you mention the Crown Prince and Crown Princess, with the Crown Prince wearing a pink tie and the Crown Princess wearing a pink blouse. I'm not too sure it was them, for two reasons:

1: I'm pretty sure there would have been a lot more focus on them in TV if it was them, and so far you've been the only one mentioning them.

2: The Mayor of Herning and the Prime Minister of Denmark were at the start yesterday, wearing the descriped clothing...

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
In the report on stage 2 of the Giro it was written
"Cervelo opened the sprint, with GreenEdge taking over. A crash took out most of the field with about 150m to go and split the field, leaving the sprint to a handful of riders."
Cervelo are long gone

On the CN front page, just below the headlines.

temp-2.jpg

TRENDING THREADS