• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Welcome to the CN Forum - Come and introduce yourself

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Helvellyn said:
Hi,

Been lurking for a couple of years and thought I'd sign-up as pretty excited about the upcoming Vuelta. I intend to keep up an average post cost of 1 every 2 or 3 months ;)

Got into cycling by accident in about '92 - was just channel surfing and came across the Channel 4 half hour highlights of the Tour (I'm from the UK). Immediately became a fan of Indurain up until he retired. Then I kind of lost interest in cycling in about '98 and didn't get back into it until about '04. Since then have been cheering for the likes of Basso, Bettini and Flecha. With Bettini and Flecha retired, kind of on the lookout for new riders to start cheering for.

As far as actual cycling goes, have done a bit of cyclo-touring in my time, but basically never took to cycling physiologically...am far better at running, so spend a lot of time training for amateur running events.

Cheers.

Michael Valgren might be a rider you'd like, very aggressive, still young and also a nice guy :)

Netserk said:
Yeah, you sound like one who prefers attackers like Nibali and Contador, not boring wheelsuckers like Valverde and Costa.

LaFlorecita said:
Michael Valgren might be a rider you'd like, very aggressive, still young and also a nice guy :)

Afrank said:
Already trying to convert new posters to the Tinkoff-Saxo side? ;)

Welcome Helvellyn! :)

Thanks :) Have heard the name of Valgren, but not much more than that - will keep tabs on him.

snccdcno said:
Welcome brother.

I previously posted with the username cyivel but when I tried to log into that account after a few months of inactivity I realised I'd forgotten the password and the e-mail I signed up with has been compromised so I couldn't get access to a reminder.

I'm guessing nobody could give a **** but I felt I should be honest in the unlikely event sockpuppet expert Netserk would call me out :p

Obviously I've cleared this with the moderators, thanks to Afrank for the assistance in trying to get me access to my previous account.

Next you will forget your username.

snccdcno said:
Welcome brother.

I previously posted with the username cyivel but when I tried to log into that account after a few months of inactivity I realised I'd forgotten the password and the e-mail I signed up with has been compromised so I couldn't get access to a reminder.

I'm guessing nobody could give a **** but I felt I should be honest in the unlikely event sockpuppet expert Netserk would call me out :p

Obviously I've cleared this with the moderators, thanks to Afrank for the assistance in trying to get me access to my previous account.
Nice seeing you again fam :)

TheGreenMonkey said:
Hi

I love attacking racing.

I love mountains.

I love mountain lakes, they are so beautiful.

Hi TheGreenMonkey :)

snccdcno said:
Welcome brother.

Hello and welcome back brer

Helvellyn said:
Thanks :) Have heard the name of Valgren, but not much more than that - will keep tabs on him.

You totally should! :cool:

TheGreenMonkey said:
Hi

I love attacking racing.

I love mountains.

I love mountain lakes, they are so beautiful.

So... what would you think about someone attacking into a mountain lake? :p

snccdcno said:
Welcome brother.

Welcome back.

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
New Here

Hi Guys!

I'm Debbie. I am so excited to be part of this community. I am looking forward to meet new friends and of course, to get insightful stories and experiences from you.

Till next time.

time

sometimes a little effort makes things worthwhile.........................

................who cares?............exactly!........................we're all doomed

anyway.............randomly stuck on an abandoned chunk of space rock

in an unimportant section of the universe which goes unnoticed

Mark L

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I'm Murungaru, from France (sorry for my english, i hope i will improve it by being here!), 26yo.
I'm vegan straight edge (i specify because I see some topic about it), pretty unusual in France.
I "support" team sky (very unusual in france, too) and Orica GreenEDGE but i mainly like beautiful (and clean) race. 2015 seems to be a big year, on the paper.

Personally i'm a noobie in cycling, but motivate to be seriously this year.

See ya!

Murungaru said:
Hi everyone,
I'm Murungaru, from France (sorry for my english, i hope i will improve it by being here!), 26yo.
I'm vegan straight edge (i specify because I see some topic about it), pretty unusual in France.
I "support" team sky (very unusual in france, too) and Orica GreenEDGE but i mainly like beautiful (and clean) race. 2015 seems to be a big year, on the paper.

Personally i'm a noobie in cycling, but motivate to be seriously this year.

See ya!

Welcome to the Forum. Hope you enjoy being here.:)

TRENDING THREADS