• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What beer ya drinkin'?

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
There are 2 kinds of beer, sippers and chuggers Rainier is a chugger.
but a dumper goes against the space time order of the universe.
To deal with a chugger place beer vessel against lips, tilt head back and pour. in 3-5 seconds it is over. the chugger is gone and the universe safe.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:
There are 2 kinds of beer, sippers and chuggers Rainier is a chugger.
but a dumper goes against the space time order of the universe.
To deal with a chugger place beer vessel against lips, tilt head back and pour. in 3-5 seconds it is over. the chugger is gone and the universe safe.

It must have hurt when they scraped off your taste buds. You are the toughest man on earth.

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
eventcrasher said:
I normally like jin with lime..but since this a beer thread i would say carlsberg...
Eeeeeeuww :eek:

I think they mean real beer...unless it turns into some sort of nectar once you get to Denmark, in which case I apologise.

the only lager-y stuff I like is Mythos from Greece - but I think the sunshine, beach and frozen glass is all part of the package.

A

Anonymous

kelvedon wonder said:
Eeeeeeuww :eek:

I think they mean real beer...unless it turns into some sort of nectar once you get to Denmark, in which case I apologise.

the only lager-y stuff I like is Mythos from Greece - but I think the sunshine, beach and frozen glass is all part of the package.

It was at the Carlsberg brewery that Emil Hansen isolated the first single cell yeast culture (1870s?) without which there would be no modern brewing industry, or bio-technology for that matter. Some respect is due there. As for the Cberg beer.... if they're like most big Euro brewers they may well send a more "cost effective" product to the US. After all, if AB can sell 100 million barrels (31 gallons / 1.2 hl each) per year, then why should Euro brewers do otherwise?

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
So how much do you guys pay for your beer? (in a bar/pub/café)

Here in Belgium, i think €1,50 for a normal pils beer (Jupiler, stella, primus) 25cl, €2 for a luxury pils (vedet, carlsberg), and €2,50/2,70 for something special (trapist, leffe,...) 33cl.

sometimes 20 cents less, sometimes 20 cents more...

Favorites:

Arrogant *******
Carlsberg 47
Grimbergen
Guiness (special export)
Almost any good dark ale (not the sweet ones)
Almost any good potent stout

In hot weather it´s hard to resist a wiessbeer with lemon wedge, especially if your in Germany sitting at a cafe. Great for the afternoon buzz.

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
It was at the Carlsberg brewery that Emil Hansen isolated the first single cell yeast culture (1870s?) without which there would be no modern brewing industry, or bio-technology for that matter. Some respect is due there. As for the Cberg beer.... if they're like most big Euro brewers they may well send a more "cost effective" product to the US. After all, if AB can sell 100 million barrels (31 gallons / 1.2 hl each) per year, then why should Euro brewers do otherwise?

No disrespect intended.....I just associate Carlsberg with the hideous stuff that comes out of cans.

Had some lovely beers at the weekend. Only trouble is I enjoyed so many I can't remember their names....

A

Anonymous

kelvedon wonder said:
No disrespect intended.....I just associate Carlsberg with the hideous stuff that comes out of cans.

Had some lovely beers at the weekend. Only trouble is I enjoyed so many I can't remember their names....

Dry since Christmas I only have one thing to say... you are killing me.

Scott SoCal said:
Dry since Christmas I only have one thing to say... you are killing me.

Speaking of dry, how's the training going this week? :D
Wow, since Christmas huh that's almost an entire month now. I briefly considered giving up beer for New years until I got back to racing weight but then thought to myself "I'm 57 I only have so much time left for beer, I'll just train the weight off". That's working out pretty awesome this week!:rolleyes:

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
Speaking of dry, how's the training going this week? :D
Wow, since Christmas huh that's almost an entire month now. I briefly considered giving up beer for New years until I got back to racing weight but then thought to myself "I'm 57 I only have so much time left for beer, I'll just train the weight off". That's working out pretty awesome this week!:rolleyes:

On the trainer. Not too bad tho.

BTW, if you have a Total Wine near you they stock some of the best Belgian beers you can buy including...

tripel-karmeliet3.jpg

Scott SoCal said:
On the trainer. Not too bad tho.

BTW, if you have a Total Wine near you they stock some of the best Belgian beers you can buy including...

tripel-karmeliet3.jpg

got the ad right here in my hand. what is the price for say 'chimay reserve'?
trader joes has it for 9.99 750ml. the tustin store is close by[3 miles]
ok went there today. mind boggling array of choices. i did see a magnum of 'the blue'
for 30.00. those kinds of stores overwhelm me.TMI.
we could finish up 'como street' there now instead of across the street. we did used to start from that same parking lot.