• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What beer ya drinkin'?

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 6, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
I think I nominate it for Most *** Filter.

Type P-akistan in the filter, and the first four letter words get censored out because P-aki is a racial insult in the UK. Epic fail.

My personal favourite is a place in England called S****horpe. So dire that letters 2-5 get censored out. English posters can explain this better then I can.

A

Anonymous

Ripper said:
Seriously? Are you racing sportifs then, or are you just yanking my chain?

I am a long time amateur road racer (since early 1990's). I have been intrigued with the northern classics for more than 20 years. Last year I had decided to do the Tour of Flanders Sportif but chickened out. I'm doing it this year.

I stopped drinking beer at Christmas and this represents just how serious I am.:)

krebs303 said:
OK I have Doctors appt. April 26 in Los Angeles. Scott's ride is 4th. So I would be open the 23,24,25,26 of April for The Backabbey. Also is this manly man evening or should we bring dames?

I'm good for any of those dates who else? Scott? Race Radio? Everyone? Leaning towards manly man event but I'd be open to ruining the cycling discussion by bringing along the broads.

A

Anonymous

krebs303 said:
OK I have Doctors appt. April 26 in Los Angeles. Scott's ride is 4th. So I would be open the 23,24,25,26 of April for The Backabbey. Also is this manly man evening or should we bring dames?

Hugh Januss said:
I'm good for any of those dates who else? Scott? Race Radio? Everyone? Leaning towards manly man event but I'd be open to ruining the cycling discussion by bringing along the broads.

:D:D I was thinking the same thing.

Well aren't I a stick-in-the-mud. I won't be back from Europe until April 28th. Gonna hang around for P-R, Amstel and LBL (tough job, someone's gotta do it).

I think it would be fun to drink great beer at a fun place with you guys, but scheduling might be a challenge. If it works out where I can make it, my vote is dudes only for the first get-together.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Scott SoCal said:

Well aren't I a stick-in-the-mud. I won't be back from Europe until April 28th. Gonna hang around for P-R, Amstel and LBL (tough job, someone's gotta do it).

I think it would be fun to drink great beer at a fun place with you guys, but scheduling might be a challenge. If it works out where I can make it, my vote is dudes only for the first get-together.

no problem I could come up the 26th an stay for a week say april 29th thru May 3rd

Scott SoCal said:

i concur. just need to line up a driver. dude's only. i think we should wear bags over our head to keep the whole anonymous vibe going. can we get a stimulus
loan to get '1985' over here......:D

A

Anonymous

usedtobefast said:
i concur. just need to line up a driver. dude's only. i think we should wear bags over our head to keep the whole anonymous vibe going. can we get a stimulus
loan to get '1985' over here......:D

Freaking hilarious.

BTW, I'll throw in $100 to contribute to the future deliquency of Craig1985. 24 more donations and he gets drunk at the Backabbey with the rest of us.:D

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:

Man I love the Backabby. Beer, Duck fat fries, burgers That reminds me I need to lose some weight

Just booked some time in Maui that week in April. Just me and the wife, kids with the Mom-in-law, Going to do some riding and....um other stuff. :D

wow I thought I had the life of leisure, Scott is going to be in Belgium for a month! Nice. You are going to come back talking Flemish.

A

Anonymous

Dreaming.......

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Scott, are you taking in Ghent - Wevelgem when you are in Belgium? Because if you can get to the Kemmelberg, there is a great restaurant called De Alverman (http://www.alverman.be - it's in Dutch BTW), where you can have lunch, drink quality Belgian beers and watch the race on TV, go outside and watch the riders climb/struggle up the Kemmelberg, go back inside, and go out again and watch them climb it a second time.

You would probably need to make a reservation though.

A

Anonymous

craig1985 said:
Scott, are you taking in Ghent - Wevelgem when you are in Belgium? Because if you can get to the Kemmelberg, there is a great restaurant called De Alverman (http://www.alverman.be - it's in Dutch BTW), where you can have lunch, drink quality Belgian beers and watch the race on TV, go outside and watch the riders climb/struggle up the Kemmelberg, go back inside, and go out again and watch them climb it a second time.

You would probably need to make a reservation though.

Nope. It (now) runs the Sunday before we arrive. BUMMER.

Thanks for the tip though.:)

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
OK Attention everyone. Back Abbey official CN forum night, sometime during TOC. What do you say lets do it.

Oh, that could work if I am here. Still trying to figure out the whole Big Bear stage, anyone know the course?