• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What beer ya drinkin'?

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
My all time favorite
del%20tremens.jpg

A

Anonymous

SCORE!!

A few bottles of Westvleteren 8 showed up in the mail today. My Belgian friends have MADE my Christmas.:D:D

384westy8.jpg

00a9360703.jpg

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I would just like to drop in a recommendation for St Bernardus Pater 6. It's lovely. Even if the consumption of a bottle on top of a 1/2 bottle of rose led to me being flat on my back in the snow....(I didn't know my daughter could rugby tackle like that! :eek:)

A

Anonymous

Dry Stout

Just starting to keg a "Dry / Irish" stout. 80% pale malt, 10% flaked barley, 10% roast barley (plus a bit of this and that)

2q22xhw.jpg

Note: 16 oz glass(.47 l), half barrel keg (58.6 l) conditioning tank w/ 310 gallons (11.7 hl). 29er mtn winter bike

that should last a while

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Merckx Belgian Pale Ale (5 gal)

8# Belgian pale malt

1# Munich

1 # Caravienna

.5# wheat

1 oz. East Kent Goldings (4.5% aa for 60 minutes)

.5 oz. East Kent Goldings (4.5% aa for 30 minutes)

.5 oz. East Kent Goldings (4.5% aa for 2 minutes)

White Labs Saison Yeast

Mashed at 152F for one hour. Fermented 9 days at 70-72F.

OG: 1.059

FG: 1.015

Maybe we should pursuade brewerjeff into making few batches for us. ;)

A

Anonymous

RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Merckx Belgian Pale Ale (5 gal)

8# Belgian pale malt

1# Munich

1 # Caravienna

.5# wheat

1 oz. East Kent Goldings (4.5% aa for 60 minutes)

.5 oz. East Kent Goldings (4.5% aa for 30 minutes)

.5 oz. East Kent Goldings (4.5% aa for 2 minutes)

White Labs Saison Yeast

Mashed at 152F for one hour. Fermented 9 days at 70-72F.

OG: 1.059

FG: 1.015

Maybe we should pursuade brewerjeff into making few batches for us. ;)

I second that nomination.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Just spent Christmas Eve drinkin' a little too much Old Pudding Ale by Crannog. Nutmeg, cinnamon, whatever. Tasted great and after a few glasses my stories seemed pretty funny. Good night and Merry Christmas to all.

Tomorrow is two kinds of Chimay ales and that white Belgian bottle with the dragon on the label. Drank too much to remember what it's called.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
Tomorrow is two kinds of Chimay ales and that white Belgian bottle with the dragon on the label. Drank too much to remember what it's called.
Chimay is really good (Blue & White, not the red), but the Gouden Draak(=Golden Dragon) is great!

May 6, 2009
Visit site
The other night in Roma, which is a Western Queensland town, had this beer called Fat Yak, and another called Toohey's New. The Yak is a local brew AFAIK, and is a lot heavier then Toohey's, although I'm not sure of their levels of alcohol. Out of the two I would go for Toohey's.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Started out with a local Mac n' Jacks from Redmond, Wa...USA. Went to a Chateau Palmer-'99 for dinner with the family. Needs another ten years of cellar. The beer was good right now.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
Chimay is really good (Blue & White, not the red), but the Gouden Draak(=Golden Dragon) is great!

Just finished a Chimay Strong Ale (red) and it was great. Served in a Yukon Brewing Company glass just like the monks intended. Haven't tried Chimay white yet, but the red and blue are new favourites. I'll try the Gouden Draak tomorrow, I have a couple waiting for me.

TRENDING THREADS