• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What beer ya drinkin'?

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 6, 2009
Visit site
For my fellow Australian posters, has anybody here tried James Boags? I actually enjoy it myself.

boags1.jpg

who-is-james-boag.jpg

And another Australian beer, Carlton Draught, in my view do the best beer ads:

Carlton Draught Slo Mo .mov

And this classic:

It's a big ad!

Let's just say it probably moved the head marketing person into a BIGGER HOUSE!

Shameless Simpsons reference :D

A

Anonymous

krebs303 said:
Brew Ha Ha
Enjoy Custom Craft Beers from some of the best breweries in Southern California. Come Enjoy the incredible selection of over 100 crafted beers from over 50 breweries!

Oh... THE TEMPTATION. Dammit Krebs.... :)

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Me and a friend one night got on the stout and some cheap red wine that I bought. How I was able to ride home and not have an accident is beyond me, and how either of us were able to meet up at 5am the next morning to go ride some 12% hills is also a miracle.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Me and a friend one night got on the stout and some cheap red wine that I bought. How I was able to ride home and not have an accident is beyond me, and how either of us were able to meet up at 5am the next morning to go ride some 12% hills is also a miracle.

Well, at 5 am, you at least don't have a hangover yet (probably were still a bit drunk :p). I tried to ride last sunday with a terrible hangover. Now that is torture. :(

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
Well, at 5 am, you at least don't have a hangover yet (probably were still a bit drunk :p). I tried to ride last sunday with a terrible hangover. Now that is torture. :(

The only reason why I rode because I had made a commitment to ride, otherwise I would of kept on sleeping. I must admit when we stopped for coffee 90 minutes later, it made the world of difference.

A

Anonymous

Double score: cat AND beer

vn0dww.jpg

just enjoying some time in the grass with glass of Kristal Weiss, Pete came out of the bushes to see what was going on.

hmmmmm! De Koninck. (see above) I make a pretty good clone of that one which I call Mahagonny. Would be lots better if I could get the original yeast from Antwerp. Anyone?

(ps. I had the white balance set to manual for some reason, which is why this looks so blue)

A

Anonymous

brewerjeff said:
vn0dww.jpg

just enjoying some time in the grass with glass of Kristal Weiss, Pete came out of the bushes to see what was going on.

hmmmmm! De Koninck. (see above) I make a pretty good clone of that one which I call Mahagonny. Would be lots better if I could get the original yeast from Antwerp. Anyone?

You send that Keg to me in Cali and I'll get you some yeast from De Koninck...

A

Anonymous

If you are talking about the Bourbon Barrel Porter...

Scott SoCal said:
You send that Keg to me in Cali and I'll get you some yeast from De Koninck...

wtd0ys.jpg

My customers would lynch me if the last keg disappeared. I'm getting tired of people saying its the best beer I've ever made. Really. I made two very good beers, put them in a bourbon barrel and took it out after 3 months. The barrel made the beer what it is, not me ... I knew a German brewer a few years ago, and HE knew the head of the Belgian brewers guild. and HE said there was no way I'd ever get DeKoninck's yeast, so unless you are sleeping with someone on the borad of directors, I'm not holding my breath.

A

Anonymous

brewerjeff said:
wtd0ys.jpg

My customers would lynch me if the last keg disappeared. I'm getting tired of people saying its the best beer I've ever made. Really. I made two very good beers, put them in a bourbon barrel and took it out after 3 months. The barrel made the beer what it is, not me ... I knew a German brewer a few years ago, and HE knew the head of the Belgian brewers guild. and HE said there was no way I'd ever get DeKoninck's yeast, so unless you are sleeping with someone on the borad of directors, I'm not holding my breath.

Now you are just teasing me...:D

That looks spectacular.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Fourier said:
Let me remind the member of this forum that Oktoberfest is just around the corner.
image-16682-galleryV9-dbjr.jpg

That means I'd be drinkin' Bavarian Beer!

Ah Oktoberfest...a trip I will never remember :D

Fantastic pic btw...

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
It's been a while, but this is what I enjoyed after finishing the Ride Around Mt. Ranier in One Day (154 miles and 10,000 feet of climbing):

DSC_7323.jpg

DSC_7324.jpg

A

Anonymous

Welcome back.

There are some really good craft breweries in the Pacific NW.

A

Anonymous

craig1985 said:
I was in Europe in 2007 and I wanted to vist Oktoberfest, but I was too poor.

I remember reading once about Oktoberfest. Its worth seeing, but not worth GOING to see. Never been myself, this is a busy time of year for me. Sitting in the brew house waiting for a Kolsch style to finish boiling so I can cool it and put it in the fermenter.

A

Anonymous

At the BackAbbey last night. Had some of this;

3023205743_86817dab25_z.jpg

If you can find it, buy it.