• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What did you get in the post today...

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

well optimistically i am hoping for post tommoro..

a replacement hard drive case to put my external sata in... word of advice, never buy a seagate external drive, usb port on mine went, within two months of purchase, and i am one of many many many thousands of people in the last 2 or 3 years... and seagate say its not warranty covered as its user misuse... (the port is held on by four miniscule bits of solder).. of course in finding that out youve opened the case and voided the warrantly..

personally, im sending seagate, the small bit of circuit board, the usb port to show the connection was pathetic and the bill for a new external case.. see what they say.. if they say no i will go small claims.. i dont care..

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Recall notice from Toyota for brand-new car :(

Unsolicited junk mail offer to reserve my very own overpriced NFL Super Bowl patch

Unsolicited junk mail offer for Medicare supplement insurance, even though no one in this house is nearly old enough for Medicare yet

A

Anonymous

RDV4ROUBAIX said:
4,000 Sapim spokes and nipples.

if it wasnt 2am im sure i wouldnt find the idea of nipples in the post amusing...

but it is.. so.. erm... :D

A

Anonymous

krebs303 said:
$35,000.00

i get those all the time.. usually a £1million though, stick the little gold star the form, send it off, receive a few crappy books, buy a toaster, and your a millionaire...

cheque never arrives though..

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
dimspace said:
i get those all the time.. usually a £1million though, stick the little gold star the form, send it off, receive a few crappy books, buy a toaster, and your a millionaire...

cheque never arrives though..

nope real thing cash money american. 3 years back pay.

A

Anonymous

krebs303 said:
nope real thing cash money american. 3 years back pay.

so what bike you buying..? I get the joys of applying the government for my redundancy... 99% of me wants to spent the money on our summer holiday so that even if we are skint we still have a holiday.. theres a little part of me that really wants a boardman hybrid though... :D

as for the post.. bikepure stuff...

and nowt else.. but at least its something..

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
2 insurance checks for the, one for the garage eplacement and other for the contents of the garage, variety of junk mail, world cycling productions mag, colorado cyclist mag, and of course more bills

A

Anonymous

i really do think all you guys need to look at paperless billing/bank statements etc...

save the trees and all that.. the only thing we get in the way of bills by post is our once a year council tax bill.. the rest is electronic..

and saves having to shred documents as well

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
RE: paperless. I couldn't agree more. Especially when it comes to unwanted ad circulars. The inks they use have to be worse than the use of trees.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
i really do think all you guys need to look at paperless billing/bank statements etc...

save the trees and all that.. the only thing we get in the way of bills by post is our once a year council tax bill.. the rest is electronic..

and saves having to shred documents as well

hehe, I signed on from the moment I opened this bank account... My bank statement/info envelope was, ironically, to confirm that I had gone paperless... :rolleyes:

A

Anonymous

usedtobefast said:
i want paper bills.well i don't WANT paper bills. but i want a hard copy if you will.
sorry trees.:(

thats what printers are for, at least you save an envelope and the five pages of crap they send with the bill

A

Anonymous

nothing, again.. i dont even know why i bother walking to the front door..

A

Anonymous

usedtobefast said:
how else to go outside?:)

i go out the back door, bike is in the back leanto/shed thing... front door has no real purpose.. i dont think i have walked anywhere for about two months...

edit: oh.. i went to get some coal last week on foot..