• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What the hell just happened ?

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2009
Visit site
gree0232 said:
I'll give you an example.

In my profession, we routinely administer dope tests. A couple of points to make:

#1 - when a positive dope test comes in, a minor infraction (marijuna) takes less than a month to bring to an equivalent of a trail, sentencing, etc. For a major case, something illicit, it takes longer, but within a period measured in months at most, the perp in jailed and convicted. The appeals process then is aimed at reversing a conviction and rarely successful.

Where in the hell do you live, where dope tests are administered and if they are positive the accused is 'jailed and convicted'?

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
piemonster said:
Gree, the poster that just keeps on giving

I'm actually coming round to the idea of a witch hunt, a proper one with pitch forks and flaming torches

Let's throw a blond wig on LA and drag him to Salem.

Microchip, are you there?????

May 11, 2009
Visit site
ebandit said:
gree i read in your posts that issues discussed here revolve around haters v lance

i have no reason to hate lance but i do hate what has been done to discredit our sport and welcome that guilty parties have been held to task

i'm sure that others replying to your posts feel similarly?

how come you see things so differently to others here...............but can't be wrong?

right now uci are going through the motions asking where this usada report is
.............they sure will be anxious about info contained in the report

just how much the uci is compromised and just how they can avoid this info escaping into the public domain

right now this is no longer about lance who has accepted his sanction but about the uci and their involvement

That is just it, what convicts people?

Smear campaigns? Press leaks? Vicious infighting by Crusaders out recruiting people who were 'once' offered testosterone?

After being contacted by Pape Tygart we get ...

“Cycling has reached a tipping point. It is either going to be honest and open regarding its sordid history of doping and grow and thrive, or it will continue to deny and distract,” he wrote in an op-ed comment published by several media.

“The time has come for the doors of secrecy to be kicked open. It’s time for a revolution and the overthrow of the tyrannical leadership of McQuaid and Verbruggen. I urge the board members of the UCI to take control of the sport and start with a clean slate. This is the only way cycling can truly grow on a global scale.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tygart-praises-mercer-for-refusing-to-dope

I am sure Mercer is in a state all knowingness about the UCI, which undoubtedly victimized Mercer. I am sure his leaving the sport had nothing to do with incidents like this:

"US rider, Scott Mercer has been given a one year suspension by the USCF after the assault incident involving him and Adam Hodges Myerson last month. Myerson suffered damage to his skull after Mercer struck him in the head and was taken to hospital where he was operated on. He has since made a good recovery and even contested the US Criterium championships a few weeks back. Mercer was given an immediate 1 month suspension which was later increased to a year by the USCF board."

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/results/2000/sep00/sep9news.shtml

I am sure it was being offered testosterone by some unnamed dude in 2011 that caused it?

Now, if the UCI adopted these tactics, called Papa T a tyrant and started recruiting people to publically smear USADA, the lance trolls would be up in arms.

And this is what is good for the sport?

Dredging up the past? Thorwing everyone under the bus in an interagency rivalry that has gone on since **** Pound and Hein Verbruggen first eyed each other?

There is a point to moving on, and all these antics are doing are huring cycling - they are not helping it. Again, other sports have doping scandals - none has two agencies punting each other in public and calling it 'justice'.

All this to get ONE guy? Not to ride the sport of doping mind you ... to get ONE guy.

And the defense has yet to make their case ...

This is a circus.

facts

gree0232 said:

Smear campaigns? Press leaks? Vicious infighting by Crusaders out recruiting people who were 'once' offered testosterone?

“Cycling has reached a tipping point. It is either going to be honest and open regarding its sordid history of doping and grow and thrive, or it will continue to deny and distract,” he wrote in an op-ed comment published by several media.

“The time has come for the doors of secrecy to be kicked open. It’s time for a revolution and the overthrow of the tyrannical leadership of McQuaid and Verbruggen. I urge the board members of the UCI to take control of the sport and start with a clean slate. This is the only way cycling can truly grow on a global scale.”

I am sure Mercer is in a state all knowingness about the UCI, which undoubtedly victimized Mercer. I am sure his leaving the sport had nothing to do with incidents like this:

"US rider, Scott Mercer has been given a one year suspension by the USCF after the assault incident involving him and Adam Hodges Myerson last month. Myerson suffered damage to his skull after Mercer struck him in the head and was taken to hospital where he was operated on. He has since made a good recovery and even contested the US Criterium championships a few weeks back. Mercer was given an immediate 1 month suspension which was later increased to a year by the USCF board."

I am sure it was being offered testosterone by some unnamed dude in 2011 that caused it?

Now, if the UCI adopted these tactics, called Papa T a tyrant and started recruiting people to publically smear USADA, the lance trolls would be up in arms.

Dredging up the past? Thorwing everyone under the bus in an interagency rivalry that has gone on since **** Pound and Hein Verbruggen first eyed each other?

There is a point to moving on, and all these antics are doing are huring cycling - they are not helping it. Again, other sports have doping scandals - none has two agencies punting each other in public and calling it 'justice'.

All this to get ONE guy? Not to ride the sport of doping mind you ... to get ONE guy.

This is a circus.

what convicts people are facts

now how does your post reply to mine...............or bear any connection with reality?

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
gree0232 said:

This is a circus.

Bruyneel, Celaya, del Moral, Ferrari and Marti must be very insulted that you said this was out to "get ONE guy".

As for your point of "moving on", USADA didn't launch this case because they had nothing better to do. They launched it because Landis came forward with information about a doping conspiracy. And you are talking like there's no evidence whatsoever. I'm not even going to answer to that because there's too much of it.

Every forum needs a clown, I guess.

gree0232 said:
. . .All this to get ONE guy? Not to ride the sport of doping mind you ... to get ONE guy.

And the defense has yet to make their case ... . . .

But how could USADA walk away from the overwhelming evidence of doping? How could they ignore (as you do) the other participants who are still very much involved in cycling--Bruyneel, del Moral, Marti, Celaya?

Lance was given a chance to make a case, but Lance didn't make a case. Why? Because he had no chance of winning.

Lance says he had no chance of winning because the system is unfair. That's his whole "defense." You're not going to see any more of a defense from Lance. He's given the those who still "believe in miracles" all that he can give.

One more thing. You are attacking Scott Mercier for something Scott Mercer did.

gree0232 said:
Well, you keep thinking that LA, or any other athlete, has to do things the way you want them done.

LA does not have to do them the way you want them done. He does have lawyers and strategists working for him. Its safe to bet that they are earning their pay.

Simple because you, and the other Lance haters, do not like the choices made by lance, doesn't mean they were taken without deliberation, consideration, or desire for furture effect. Its called anticipation.

This is a prime example of why you have zero credibility in this forum. Hello, I DID NOT SAY LA SHOULD TAKE IT TO CAS. YOU DID!! I quoted you multiple times, saying, take it to CAS, take it to CAS, take it to CAS. Then I pointed out USADA offered to take it directly to CAS, and LA refused.

You, not I, are the one who suggested that LA should do things differently. You, not I, are the one who implied that LA should follow your advice. Then, when someone points that out, you react by putting your own words into someone else's mouth. Instead of answering the freaking question--ONCE AND FOR ALL, DO YOU OR DON'T YOU THINK IT SHOULD GO TO CAS?--you go on a rant about how others don't appreciate LA's strategy. And you wonder why the few people who are still following this thread look at your posts with disbelief? And, to the extent that you are representative of fanboys, you wonder why people on this forum regard fanboys as utter idiots? So blinded by their loyalty as to be incapable of a 5th grade level of rationality?

Like others in this forum, I have only pointed out that what is happening to LA now is the inevitable consequence of the choices he made. I really don't care if he takes it to CAS or not, except that if he does, evidence that might otherwise not go public probably has a better chance of seeing light of day. You, not I and the rest of us, are the one profoundly dissatisfied with what is going on, ranting and raving about how unfair the process is. You, not I and the others here, are the one who is upset that the USADA file has not been handed over yet.

Now, the better question, as we are two weeks away from a defense of these allegations, and given the strung out nature of all discussion about likely outcomes in the near future, is whether or not the lance haters are prepared for what is clearly coming?

In short, did USADA strategize in the least? Have they anticipated ANY of the likely outcomes of this process? Or did they think LA would simply fall into this obvious trap? Have rested themselves on calling LA, who will of course refuse to come, to JB's arbitration hearing?

I asked you before how exactly LA is going to rebut any of the charges against him, and you still haven't answered, other than to make some ridiculous assertions that we don't know who the witnesses are.

The problem is that there is a process, LA and company are within that process, and screaming that they are not following it the way you want it to ... has no bearing, for example, on whether, after we see what is in the 'evidence', whether or not LA makes good on that decision to return the matter to a court where a judge listed a series of concerns with the process.

Do you have any idea how much projection you are engaged in? Again, you, not I, are the one whose posts fairly scream that the process is not going the way you want it to. I don't have any problem with what is happening at all. Sure, I wish there hadn't been this latest delay, but I can wait.

LA has other cards to play, and only a fool and an idiot whose sole goal for teh past 16 years has been to harpoon the white whale of cycling, would ignore even the pretense of exploring those options because they would rather beat their chest in righteousness.

Again, it is your posts, not mine, that reveal the obsession of a fool and an idiot. This investigation is not just about LA, it is your overactive imagination that pretends that that is all it's about.

piemonster said:
http://www.usada.org/sanctions/

Well, if I'm to be in the business of Witch Hunting I best get moving, there's 5 more Witches to be staked and burnt after Lancey Boy

No, only three more witches. The other two aren't cyclists.

BTW - What is an "Oxygen-Enhancing Peptide Hormone"?

Finally, could I ask that the other posters here NOT quote the foaming at the mouth poster in entirety... over and over again... ?

Dave.

D-Queued said:
No, only three more witches. The other two aren't cyclists.

BTW - What is an "Oxygen-Enhancing Peptide Hormone"?

Finally, could I ask that the other posters here NOT quote the foaming at the mouth poster in entirety... over and over again... ?

Dave.

Exactly what it says.
A chain of amino acids (peptide - longer ones folded are generally called proteins), that has an endocrine function (hormone) that enhances the bodies ability to carry oxygen in the blood.

EPO is one such example. CERA is another, HGH has similar effects.

Those are specific peptides/proteins, but the WADA code bans all similar molecules with similar biological effects.

So it will be a peptide based probably on EPO, but slightly different.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:
One more thing. You are attacking Scott Mercier for something Scott Mercer did.

Thank you. Here, all wrapped up with a bright yellow ribbon, is everything anyone needs to know about gree0232's long, pointless posts.

Wallace said:
Thank you. Here, all wrapped up with a bright yellow ribbon, is everything anyone needs to know about gree0232's long, pointless posts.

Can't google if you can't spell.

I have yet to ever put anyone on ignore (choosing generally to be entertained instead) this Gree guy is in with an excellent chance of being the first.

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Merckx index said:
This is a prime example of why you have zero credibility in this forum. Hello, I DID NOT SAY LA SHOULD TAKE IT TO CAS. YOU DID!! I quoted you multiple times, saying, take it to CAS, take it to CAS, take it to CAS. Then I pointed out USADA offered to take it directly to CAS, and LA refused.

You, not I, are the one who suggested that LA should do things differently. You, not I, are the one who implied that LA should follow your advice. Then, when someone points that out, you react by putting your own words into someone else's mouth. Instead of answering the freaking question--ONCE AND FOR ALL, DO YOU OR DON'T YOU THINK IT SHOULD GO TO CAS?--you go on a rant about how others don't appreciate LA's strategy. And you wonder why the few people who are still following this thread look at your posts with disbelief? And, to the extent that you are representative of fanboys, you wonder why people on this forum regard fanboys as utter idiots? So blinded by their loyalty as to be incapable of a 5th grade level of rationality?

Like others in this forum, I have only pointed out that what is happening to LA now is the inevitable consequence of the choices he made. I really don't care if he takes it to CAS or not, except that if he does, evidence that might otherwise not go public probably has a better chance of seeing light of day. You, not I and the rest of us, are the one profoundly dissatisfied with what is going on, ranting and raving about how unfair the process is. You, not I and the others here, are the one who is upset that the USADA file has not been handed over yet.

I asked you before how exactly LA is going to rebut any of the charges against him, and you still haven't answered, other than to make some ridiculous assertions that we don't know who the witnesses are.

Do you have any idea how much projection you are engaged in? Again, you, not I, are the one whose posts fairly scream that the process is not going the way you want it to. I don't have any problem with what is happening at all. Sure, I wish there hadn't been this latest delay, but I can wait.

Again, it is your posts, not mine, that reveal the obsession of a fool and an idiot. This investigation is not just about LA, it is your overactive imagination that pretends that that is all it's about.

You just lost a part of your life that you will never get back by posting that reply.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Fortyninefourteen said:
You just lost a part of your life that you will never get back by posting that reply.

And this would be an example of a life well spent? Being a malicious *** on an internet forum to anyone who disagrees with your ... none comments?

Bravo! Wonder why you aren't recieving a medal or anything?

Welcome to iggy.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
As if someone like you is in a position to have a secretary...

Yep, lance is guilty because ANOTHER lance troll has suddenly been graced with clairvoyance and an ingrained class mentality.

Its so clear now.

This malice, so clearly on display ... its what you guys accuse LA of being.

Status
Not open for further replies.