• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

what will be the top 10 in the vuelta

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
jens_attacks said:
first 5,doesn't matter the order,i like them all a lot

contador
froomy
quintana
cobo
kash

the most important thing is that with this race,an arms race crazier than in the 50's will start.expect alberto to face his strongest rival on the mountains since ricky ricco 2008.
froomy the alien will be finally unleashed! _O_

yea, Kash is going to kick Contadors ***!! :D;):p

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I expect Saxo Bank - Tinkoff Bank to take Team Sky's Tour dominance to the next level:

1. Alberto Contador
2. Daniel Navarro
3. Benjamin Noval
4. Sergio Paulinho
5. Nicki Sørensen
6. Jesus Hernandez
7. Bruno Pires
8. Rafal Majka
9. Matteo Tosatto
10. Chris Froome

Escarabajo said:
I take it from everyone's answers that Henao is not racing La Vuelta.

If he is, I am not puting Quintana on top of Henao. Not yet.

Don't know if I missed something, but last time I checked he(Henao) was listed for the Vuelta.
Allthough it might be better for him to ride just 1 GT this year, but I would enjoy his presence in the Vuelta that's for sure :)

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
henao is riding nicely in burgos if he goes too the vuelta he will top 15 easy no top 10 because he has too ride for froome like porte and rogers who coulve finished higher had they not had too ride for wiggins

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The past and the future to meet. Froome to win by a huge margin. Allegedly cycling enthusiasts who root for Contador to go into an greater antagonism towards Sky.

1. Contador
2. JRod
3. Gesink
4. Froome
5. Montfort
6. Anton
7. Cobo
8. Kreuziger
9. Roche
10. Jeanneson

I have my doubtes about VDB, he said he won't do any specific training for the Vuelta, just take it day by day, De Gendt idem. I see them go for a stage victory...

airstream said:
The past and the future to meet. Froome to win by a huge margin. Allegedly cycling enthusiasts who root for Contador to go into an greater antagonism towards Sky.

Unless froome begins to take cheapshots at contador anywhere he can and begins to look up to Armstrong as the hero of cycling, i don't know if there will be that.much antagonism towards froome.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
airstream said:
Have you already made up a justification on the occasion if he'll be beaten?

If he gets beaten it will just make him more popular really.

Anyways, I will be quite a race. The 1st week will be close. Froome might even have the upper hand. Last week will be Bertie's.

To bad Andy is not there. So I reckon u will roote for Froome in his absense? Any1 but Bertie?

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Lol very funny.

I assure you, there'll minimum of fun for you.:D

Hard to delineate the other favourites' capacities. Cobo is a thing-in-itself, the man of moods who can ride very differently, still hope Matxin is going to be somewhere in the vicinity. Anton had an injury and in general difficult estimate his GC ambtions after last year's fail. this would be very surprising to see Purito in top-5 too. Hopefully, Jeneasson will be able to do well. I had considered he could already fire in the Tour, but he wasn't even included.. Does anyone know why?

Cimber said:
To bad Andy is not there. So I reckon u will roote for Froome in his absense? Any1 but Bertie?
No, I don't support Froome. For Cobo and Jeannesson a little bit.

airstream said:
I assure you, there'll minimum of fun for you.:D

Hard to delineate the other favourites' capacities. Cobo is a thing-in-itself, the man of moods who can ride very differently, still hope Matxin is going to be somewhere in the vicinity. Anton had an injury and in general difficult estimate his GC ambtions after last year's fail. this would be very surprising to see Purito in top-5 too. Hopefully, Jeneasson will be able to do well. I had considered he could already fire in the Tour, but he wasn't even included.. Does anyone know why?

I'm sure there'll be more fun on one day than in the last 6 months combined.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
airstream said:
No, I don't support Froome. For Cobo and Jeannesson a little bit.

Am looking forward to following Cobo too. He kind of a wild card imo despite winning last year, since he has shown nothing this year. Will he be a 1 hit wonder or will he be able to pick up speed again? I do hope he will return to the same level as last year.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Cimber said:
Am looking forward to following Cobo too. He kind of a wild card imo despite winning last year, since he has shown nothing this year. Will he be a 1 hit wonder or will he be able to pick up speed again? I do hope he will return to the same level as last year.

With the same level and self-confidence he had in the third week last year, he might win. :) Though, It would be really splendid to have a triple mountain clash - Contador, Froome and Cobo!

TRENDING THREADS