• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
red_flanders said:
At least the guy is posting what appears to be legit data? No? We don't know his exact weight, which is always the issue with SRM data used as proof of anything, but hey, at least he doesn't think we're too stupid to understand what we're looking at. :)
Yep, thats always the big question. The big mystery.

Still looked extraterrestial, Chris phone home.

But kuddos to Horner for releasing data.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Disgusting!!! :mad:

Alien-Predator performance... again.
It can´t get worse than this. Those old dope basterds never change. The grandpa is riding away from young-in-shape-athlets like nothing. :eek:

Hope Horner gets popped like Mosquera soon after the Vuelta, so we don´t have to cope with that LA-Clone for years until he is 50.
This guy is a spit in the face of everybody who still has a little left for cycling.

On a day Basso had to quit, this knee-taped-injured-out-of-saddle-doper does the most preposterous GT since the LA-Years. Nothing comes close to this, no Froome, no AC, no Rasmussen, no Voeckler... no, it´s the worst in 10 years.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
What are you talking about? Horner passed over 500 tests, he has a big engine and he trains harder and smarter than everyone else. He also had a tailwind today.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
blabla.... says "fearless" the Ullrich/Froome/Cycling hater.
Guess y missed the
was-that-sarcasm.jpg

So, Angliru and Pena Cabarga upcoming. My Doritos and Warsteiner stand ready.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
What are you talking about? Horner passed over 500 tests, he has a big engine and he trains harder and smarter than everyone else. He also had a tailwind today.

Given his age he must have passed more than 1000 tests

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Here is the logic; big time manipulation a la Armstrong. Read "From Lance to Landis" where Walsh describes how LA samples were as clean as a newborn baby. Those where so clean that they (testers) even missed the cancer markers. It seems Horner learned a lot from his clone...

Of course Horner was not likely clean (not even close) when he was finishing T-10 at age 38, something he never did before when the human body is at it´s peak (around age 28).

Otherwise i agree with your post, but if Froome is alien performance, then Horner is alien/predator combi performance. Wayyy over the top...

Wait, 28 is the peak for the human body? Did you verify this yourself or take someone's word for it?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Odd, it seemed like Horner lost a little time today. So that means he's an alien? Not sure I understand that analysis.

given his age and lack of GT results until age 38, yes it´s alien... err, it´s worse than that

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
You must be a young bird, never heard of King Raymond Ceulemans.

Your bad.

Enjoy the show, Froome/Ullrich lover.

I said decline. Not said they can´t win anymore. Look at Hendry or Davis. Both so far above the rest that they still did world class until 40+. But their championships came when 20 something.

You see the difference? Yes, the ones who produce in older age, ruled when young. Something completely missing on Horner...

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I said decline. Not said they can´t win anymore. Look at Hendry or Davis. Both so far above the rest that they still did world class until 40+. But their championships came when 20 something.

You see the difference? Yes, the ones who produce in older age, ruled when young. Something completely missing on Horner...

Horner not ruling has been discussed in other threads, repeatedly, over the years. Maybe you should check in there. He did, in fact, rule when young, just not anywhere that you were paying attention to.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah Horner should have done the jockstrap race and the commonwealth games ITT when he was younger so we could be sure if he is doping or not.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
aphronesis said:
He did, in fact, rule when young, just not anywhere that you were paying attention to.

It smells like, it feels like, so it is some of the original LA excuses (only the train harder, bigger heart & cadence theory is missing).

No! The grandpa didn´t rule anything when on the european cycling circuit. He had plenty of chances to show his DSes his potential as a GT-Rider... Nothing until age 38, no matter how the excusers try to twist reality.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I like Chris, he gives me hope. He makes me wanna ride my bike, as a late 30'er, maybe I will even be able to become a pro. Just like Chris. Chris, the senior citizens hope.

If that doesnt work out I will be playing like Ceulemans in 30 years.

Cheers Foxxy ;)

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
I like Chris, he gives me hope. He makes me wanna ride my bike, as a late 30'er, maybe I will even be able to become a pro. Just like Chris. Chris, the senior citizens hope.

If that doesnt work out I will be playing like Ceulemans in 30 years.

Cheers Foxxy ;)

You´ll get tough competition from "Dekker Tifosi". He is 27 now, and trains already (see his posts in the race thread). He wanna rule the TdF in 2028.
So it seems you need to go to billards...

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

I remember Ali being too old to box when he beat Foreman. What was he 30? Most boxers were done by then. As was Foreman - until he won at 50.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Zorotheslacker said:
I remember Ali being too old to box when he beat Foreman. What was he 30? Most boxers were done by then. As was Foreman - until he won at 50.

Boxing i never count as sport. Corrupted rankings to prevent fighter xy to get a championship fight, fixed outcomes en masse, 5 different associations with 20+ fighting classes (actually there must be around 100 current "world champions", what a joke), at best doubtful doping controls, and so on...

P.S.: And even if we block out my above mentioned points (which lead to bogus results), the above mentioned boxers showed their talent early. Something completely missing with Horner.

The excusers have to face and accept the truth: Horners performance is unprecedented in the history of sports. And if there was something grotesque as his performance, those were caught (Michelle Smith comes to mind).

May 27, 2012
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Yeah Horner should have done the jockstrap race and the commonwealth games ITT when he was younger so we could be sure if he is doping or not.

Hey, that's "atomic jockstrap race"...show some freaking respect.