• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
BroDeal said:
This is what clean cycling looks like.

Too bad Wiggins decided to get off the program. We could have seen what clean cycling looks like at all three GTs.

how old is Chris Badzilla, 28? guess he will win the tour clean for the next 15 years.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
the sceptic said:
how old is Chris Badzilla, 28? guess he will win the tour clean for the next 15 years.

LOL

Clean cycling makes your perform for a longer period :D

But it makes sense, Horner was never this good cause everyone was doping. Now no one is doping anymore and he wins. Totally legit.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
The new 25 in cycling

Chris was out of the saddle for almost 6km non-stop. How is this possible??? He has never done anything like this in his career and now does it at 40? I see he seems to be in the best physical shape I have seen him but how did he do that so quickly? So many questions, the ITT will answer it for me. If its juice we will see. He is not a good ITT guy but thats where juice makes a huge difference

May 18, 2009
Visit site
jilbiker said:
Chris was out of the saddle for almost 6km non-stop. How is this possible??? He has never done anything like this in his career and now does it at 40? I see he seems to be in the best physical shape I have seen him but how did he do that so quickly? So many questions, the ITT will answer it for me. If its juice we will see. He is not a good ITT guy but thats where juice makes a huge difference

Not to break up the jealous anonymous loser bawling that will occur in this thread, but power increase has more effect on climbing than TT.

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
A simple, theoretical question. Let's imagine a general case here, not just Horner.

You truly do not think (not "believe" - just a bit tired of people judging and damning based on beliefs) that it is technically possible for a 41 year old rider, regardless of his genes, training, season planning, form and under any and all circumstances to pull this performance?

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
That Horner performance was disgusting, completely repulsive. Watch out for him to smoke the TT after a rest day refill (not that he needs one).

jilbiker said:

Before EPO and before marginal gains, riders used to stay out of the saddle of a long time while climbing.

This is totally legit.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
jilbiker said:

California 2011 was pretty special....

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Alphabet said:
Coming soon: Horner vs. The Dawg, 2014 Tour.

Who wins?

Would be nice too see Chris froome accelerating like crazy with his *** on the saddle while Horner on the other hand riding as if he had no saddle.

Broth3r said:
A simple, theoretical question. Let's imagine a general case here, not just Horner.

You truly do not think (not "believe" - just a bit tired of people judging and damning based on beliefs) that it is technically possible for a 41 year old rider, regardless of his genes, training, season planning, form and under any and all circumstances to pull this performance?

It is way more believable than a nobody from Africa, who got his clock cleaned during his time as an amateur and an early pro, transforming into dominant tour rider. Horner has history. Horner was good from an early age. Now that the dopers from Sky have cut back on the sauce after the Tour, true talent can shine through.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Broth3r said:

yes, he is clean. Clean cycling means you can peak in your 40s and that younger riders need to dope to catch up.

I hope JV is watching, he should make a comeback and win a grand tour too.

Broth3r said:

My personal view is that this is possible. Not veryu likely, but not impossible. But then again, the clinic is for bashing great athletes and performances so... ;)

jilbiker said:
Robert Alban

Horner looked like he did in ToC 2011. Was there any shennanigans with the drug testing responsibility in that edition (who did the testing)? -> Will he get away with the same prep at this race etc.

How does an almost 42 year old, ride like a 90s rider, out of the saddle like that..
Makes lances win at 33 and 4th at 38 look rather normal.

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
With all the weird medical ****, to use the technical term, going on in this sport at the moment does pro cycling really merit the attention it continues to garner?

That's a big big question for the sport.

Horner was as ridiculuss as one could have feared. How they think they can get away with this stuff that's what's beyond me. But, judging by the Tour, it would seem that they can.

Shardi said:
Horner looked like he did in ToC 2011. Was there any shennanigans with the drug testing responsibility in that edition (who did the testing)? -> Will he get away with the same prep at this race etc.

How does an almost 42 year old, ride like a 90s rider, out of the saddle like that..
Makes lances win at 33 and 4th at 38 look rather normal.

They didn't have blood tests or something stupid like that. (As if riders ever use doping that will show up in a blood test :rolleyes:)

:p:p

TRENDING THREADS