• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
hrotha said:
Escartín is 3 years older than Horner.
Virenque is 2 years older than Horner.
Pantani would be 1 year older than Horner.
Nardello is 1 year younger than Horner.
Ullrich is 2 years younger than Horner.
Heras is 3 years younger than Horner.
Commesso is 4 years younger than Horner.
Mancebo is 5 years younger than Horner.
Evans is 6 years younger than Horner.

Wow, man! That is so impressive.. If he comes back, Ullrich is now the favorite for world's TT next year..

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
escartín is 3 years older than horner.
Virenque is 2 years older than horner.
Pantani would be 1 year older than horner.
Nardello is 1 year younger than horner.
Ullrich is 2 years younger than horner.
Heras is 3 years younger than horner.
Commesso is 4 years younger than horner.
Mancebo is 5 years younger than horner.
Evans is 6 years younger than horner.

Amazing . :D

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
ofcourse he is doped thru the gills, but i luv chris horner, i just hope he does not kill himself

jv, sorry, you aint helping. if you were helping, vets would not be potentially flirting with their health to such a degree
_MG_7724.jpg

sniper said:

Please do not put Giggsy and Horner in the same image. That's an abomination.

The difference between Giggs and Horner is illustrative, however. Giggs visibly slowed as he aged. He hasn't been able to run through an entire defense or blaze down the wings in a decade. He's changed the way he plays in order to stay competitive. Horner, it seems, is getting faster, more explosive, has better endurance. I know which one I believe in.

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
sniper said:

Well, we can certainly be confident that whatever cyclists are up to now is dripping down from football - where they have recently discovered ways to make players effectively immortal, and make chubby midgets cover more ground than has ever been covered before without getting tired.

In fact, I wonder whether the clinics obsessive denizens might profit from turning their lazer beams onto football more often. They are the cutting edge of doping - and whatever they are doing, is what cyclists will be doing next.

batchuba said:
Well, we can certainly be confident that whatever cyclists are up to now is dripping down from football - where they have recently discovered ways to make players effectively immortal, and make chubby midgets cover more ground than has ever been covered before without getting tired.

In fact, I wonder whether the clinics obsessive denizens might profit from turning their lazer beams onto football more often. They are the cutting edge of doping - and whatever they are doing, is what cyclists will be doing next.

Yes, but the ages of Ryan Giggs or Paulo Maldini should be discussed in the relevent thread.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
del1962 said:
Perhaps you could explain how Giggs is relvent to this thread?
well, this is a good point:
batchuba said:

but then this is another good point:
Orvieto said:
Please do not put Giggsy and Horner in the same image. That's an abomination.

The difference between Giggs and Horner is illustrative, however. Giggs visibly slowed as he aged. He hasn't been able to run through an entire defense or blaze down the wings in a decade. He's changed the way he plays in order to stay competitive. Horner, it seems, is getting faster, more explosive, has better endurance. I know which one I believe in.

indeed, giggs is more credible than horner.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Horner vs Froome in the 2014 tour. unless he signs for Sky and becomes a super domestique. He needs to improve his ITT if he is going to beat Froome though. should probably lose some weight.

Horner should go for the Giro. Tour routes are never good for someone who cannot time trial well. There is never enough climbing, and the climbs are rather lame compared to the Giro and Vuelta. Plus all the top guys will be targeting the Tour.

Horner should sign for a team with an agreement that he can ride to the Giro.

BroDeal said:
Horner should go for the Giro. Tour routes are never good for someone who cannot time trial well. There is never enough climbing, and the climbs are rather lame compared to the Giro and Vuelta. Plus all the top guys will be targeting the Tour.

Why restrain yourself only with 1 GT? Just go for Giro-Vuelta, it would be pretty easy to win for him :D

BroDeal said:

I'm begging for him to show up at the Tour with this form just to hear the analysis when Froome destroys him.

TRENDING THREADS