• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 46 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm really appalled that anyone is taking this guy seriously. The dude didn't even have a ride for next year before the Vuelta. Do people really not question if he was naturally capable of this sort of level that why teams wouldn't have already signed him for next season? I want my time back because watching this old fraud hasn't been enjoyable.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Sadly I think some are....somehow. Also, why isn't the media getting stuck into him? Froome got blasted, rightly or wrongly, but in many ways this is even more ridiculous.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
zigmeister said:
I wonder if why then if Horner is so doped and can perform the 6.3-6.5w/kg the "experts" claim he is doing, why he just doesn't blast everybody, win each stage and not come in like 5th place on a big mountain finish?

Is that part of his master plan and tactics, he is so far ahead that he can calculate down to the second the timing when to attack to make it look not so suspicious, yet make it so exciting to keep closing the gap by seconds a day?

I guess the other guys that are finishing ahead of Horner must be taking massive doses of EPO, they should get popped anytime then also. Not sure how they ending up ahead of him.

are you saying that the EPO should overcome greater talents and younger legs in every stage and if it doesn't it can only be because they're also on it?

whittashau said:
I'm really appalled that anyone is taking this guy seriously. The dude didn't even have a ride for next year before the Vuelta. Do people really not question if he was naturally capable of this sort of level that why teams wouldn't have already signed him for next season? I want my time back because watching this old fraud hasn't been enjoyable.

It is a well known fact that not having a contract before the Vuelta to ride the following year can produce a huge marginal gain. Sometimes that is just what is needed to reveal a rider's hidden potential. It is not unknown for such a rider to change from zig-zagging up climbs to dropping the best climbers in the world.

I don't think anyone should look at Horner and be surprised. This sort of transformation is quite common these days, and we have been assured by team managers like Vaughters and Brailsford that it is a legitimate byproduct of clean cycling.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
whittashau said:

I felt the same way watching Froome hit the afterburners at the TdF. The race for 2nd was pretty goo tho.

Forza Horner, one of the greatest talents, if not _the_ greatest, to ever swing a leg over a top tube. This is pure crystallized awesomeness rising to the top.

America's first Vuelta winner. We have waited so long, and it is only this new clean era that has allowed it to happen. Congress should look into awarding a title. Sir Chris Horner, or SCH, has a certain ring to it.

From Purito's tweeter on Horner's climbing record yesterday:

El récord de Horner en Peña Cabarga no tiene mérito,el viento le daba a favor.......y a nosotros en contra!!! Jajajajajajaja!!

Horner's record on Peña Cabarga does not have merit, since the wind blew only on his favor..... while the rest of us got headwind instead!!! HAHAHAHAHA

spot on:D

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Only way for Nibs to still win this is if they reserved a blood-bag for tomorrow's stage..

Grandpa seams pretty much unstoppable.. He might try to beat Heras his record time on Angliru tommorow lol -.-

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
funny how all of the Vuelta talk is on Horner. I remember talking with a friend of mine who was doing Poland and Vuelta, who happened to mention just how horrible Nibali looked in Poland, basically riding in the gruppetto, missing splits on flat roads. He commented that mysteriously, he'll probably be going for the win in the Vuelta in a few short weeks.

3 weeks later, they're both doing the Vuelta, and Nibali is literally a different guy. If people really want to look at a magical transformation, they should examine those 2 performances. It has to be on the order of a 15-20% power increase in 3 weeks. That's impressive.

TRENDING THREADS