• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 162 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Energy Starr said:
Too bad he wasn't there. I would have liked to see that! But I'll bet he would have been trying to claw back losses from the ITT.

Would 2013 Horner have been up there with Froome and Contador on the tough climbs? What a spectacle it would have been.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
Would 2013 Horner have been up there with Froome and Contador on the tough climbs? What a spectacle it would have been.

Agreed.

Too bad he punctured his lung instead of only breaking a leg. Froome getting dropped by AC then only to get smashed by Horner would be worth a watch.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
hrotha said:
Where would 2013 Vuelta Nibali have been then? Would he have been stronger than 2014 Tour Nibali according to these numbers?
This is 2013 Vuelta Nibali (orange):
oimg

And this 2014 Tour Nibali:
oimg

Vuelta Nibali seems weaker. I certainly believe 2014 Tour Nibali and 2013 Giro Nibali > 2013 Vuelta Nibali. If the models said something else, that'd be one against the models imo.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
Vuelta Nibali seems weaker. I certainly believe 2014 Tour Nibali and 2013 Giro Nibali > 2013 Vuelta Nibali. If the models said something else, that'd be one against the models imo.

From most of the numbers I have seen Vuelta Nibali was slower then Tour 14 Nibali. Valverde appears to have been much stronger at Vuelta 13, perhaps the strongest of his career.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Oh my. 43 year old Horner dropping Contador while Froome stares at his stem, tapping his SRM, muttering "Is this thing broken?"

LMAO. We may see such farce... (even though I hope Horner is either retired, un-signed... or better caught for his ongoing blood doping before such events could take place).

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
Yeah right.

120th in Quebec and DNF in Montreal say otherwise

Reminds me of LA. Peaking for a single GT and the pre races, then dissapear in peloton back fodder again (of where they come from before the transfusion period sets in).
He is such a obvious blood doper, it´s a shame the anti doping brigade/MPCC can´t catch him for other than unusal levels of whatever that was he got thrown out before the Vuelta.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Reminds me of LA. Peaking for a single GT and the pre races, then dissapear in peloton back fodder again (of where they come from before the transfusion period sets in).
He is such a obvious blood doper, it´s a shame the anti doping brigade/MPCC can´t catch him for other than unusal levels of whatever that was he got thrown out before the Vuelta.

If you ever can tell that for all riders I am sure you'll have a great career at WADA. Glad you are now actually committed to a particular mechanism. I have been waiting on that for a while now. I am optimistic he will be back. Don't suffer it too hard.

TRENDING THREADS