• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is/are your favorite user(s) on this forum?

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
oh man I'm gonna follow your example and probably change accounts.

anyway, I been epic busy with uni. finished in a couple weeks, until then CN tour is on hiatus :p

no you won't! Cadel avatar forever for you Timmy or your other option is to demonstrate that you unbridledly support the greatest there ever was or will ever be, Cadel Evans.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Been working my a$$ off guys, but I'm almost there. Wrote some big chunks tonight. Man I hate those busy weeks at work. Even more than regular weeks.

It'll be done by Wednesday, that's my new estimate.

Sincerely,
Your friend boomcie.

boomcie said:
Been working my *** of guys, but I'm almost there. Wrote some big chunks tonight.

It'll be done by Wednesday, that's my new estimate.

Sincerely,
Your friend boomcie.
we love you, boomcie, take your time!

(ignore that i'm also kind of kissing your a$$ because i do good in Classics :p)

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
oh man I'm gonna follow your example and probably change accounts.

anyway, I been epic busy with uni. finished in a couple weeks, until then CN tour is on hiatus :p

Sorry Timmy your a forum legend. Dont change the account. You need to reach 1000 posts first anyway:p

Im sure ACF will let you drop the Cadel avatar sometime.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Sorry Timmy your a forum legend. Dont change the account. You need to reach 1000 posts first anyway:p

Im sure ACF will let you drop the Cadel avatar sometime.

Hmmm, I feel like he needs to suffer some more!:D

aww..you guys and all your reshuffling of accounts. Pretty soon all the classics will be gone. At least Zam you kept your radically cool avatar.

Timmy you can't desert your name..it's part of the forum history! It's one thing to change an avatar but when your forum name disappears....well..:(

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Zero di Lombacteria

The Zero di Lombacteria concludes this long and tiring year. The “classic of the crawling leech” is a very demanding race that usually ends up having a worthy winner. Although many riders were eying this classic, a few of them had explicitly made this a season goal.

A few days before the start of the race, Dekker_Tifosi was caught slurping male body fluids straight from the source, reportedly believing they contained high levels of testosterone. Cycling’s “bad boy” has already publicly declined being an active homosexual, but the public opinion is rigid.

Favorites:

***** Thirteen, Craig1985, The User Formerly Known as Zamasailo
**** Ferminal, El Pistolero
*** MickeyVeedeebee, Parrulo, TLR, mewmewmew13, Kwibus
** The Hitch, AussieGoddess, RedheadDane, Usedtobefast, ScottSoCal
* TeamSkyFans, Tuarts, Sublimit, Havetts, mewmewmew13, Ryo Hazuki, roundabout
0 Lady Gaga, Magikarp, Dekker_Tifosi, Adam Sandler, Teddy Ruxpin, Scrappy-Doo, Random Annoying Figure

Much to everyone’s surprise, Dekker_Tifosi appeared at the start of the race wearing a pink Borat-like swimsuit. Race organizer Boomcie generously allowed him to start the race. A decision solely fueled by empathy, that was loudly applauded by the audience.

The race started in horrible weather conditions. Rain was pouring down the sky and temperature was around 10 degrees. In the first meters Usedtobefast, Dr.Maserati, Escarbajo and roundabout reluctantly went into the attack. ScottSocal, caught off guard while drinking a pint of Stroh rum, was the last one to join them. The peloton was happy to let these courageous riders go and their lead quickly grew to 10 minutes.

The pace in the peloton was gentle and for a long time we saw an uneventful race, but after about 50 kilometers Timmy Loves Rabo suddenly hit the deck. While the peloton distanced the unfortunate cyclist, one rider stopped to offer him a helping hand. It was good Samaritan Jobiwan. Despite their differences in the past, Jobiwan helped out his opponent and together they made their way back to the peloton. Many riders were seen with tears in their eyes, while Moondance was singing canticles.

At the front, ScottSocal was seen handing out free samples of absinthe. The atmosphere in the front group was optimal. Reportedly, many good jokes were told, but sadly I don’t know any of those.

Back in the peloton, an animated discussion had arisen within Team Music Thread whether it was “Kanye West” or “Kenny West”. While no agreement was reached about the rapper’s name, everyone agreed that his music was god awful.

The race itself was very demanding on the riders. A few people followed TLR’s example and crashed. Many of them were not able to return to the front, amongst them pre-race favorites Ferminal, mewmewmew13 and Tuarts. Other riders simply couldn’t be bothered to continue because of the harsh weather conditions. Two of them were Borat_Tifosi and El Pistolet, who amicably hugged each other for warmth. A terrified Parrulo had to leave the race because he saw this blossoming bromance unfold.

The peloton slowly started picking up the pace, because the front group had already built a lead of over 12 minutes. Havetts, probably the best domestique in the peloton, had quickly brought down the difference to under 10 minutes. Soon he got the help of ACF and dlwssonic, 2 good BMC domestiques looking for a leader. Now the difference was going down rapidly, because the alcoholic beverages were taking heavy toll on the front group. With 80 kilometers to go the difference had been brought back to a measly 3 minutes, the sign for fan favorite ScottSocal to launch a rare vomit-attack combo. He rapidly distanced his fellow escapees and reached the foot of the Madonna del Gaysaddle with a bonus of almost 4 minutes over the peloton.

Meanwhile Dekker_Tifosi released his 1-page novel: “The advantages of a micro p*n!s”. A self-proclaimed fictional work.

As was to be expected the peloton exploded on the Madonna de Gaysaddle. As usual it was World Champion Thirteen who ripped the peloton apart. While at first she seemed to be going on a lone attack, an elite group of 8 riders (Kwibus, Craig1985, “The User Formerly Known as Zamasailo”, AussieGoddess, RedheadDane, Amsterhammer, Descender and Mellow Velo) was formed behind the valiant American. Thirteen wisely decided to wait for the group to join her and carefully observed everyone as they passed her.

Behind the lead group of nine, TheHitch and TLR were setting up a two-man time trial with MickeyVDB not trailing too far behind. When the 9 riders reached the top of the climb, The PolishProphet and TimmyTulipDidgeridoo were just 5 seconds back, while the Belgian Poulidor had almost reached them as well. In the descent of the Gaysaddle the group of nine inevitably became a 12-man group.

Remarkably, ScottSoaksAll had only lost a minute on the ascent of the Gaysaddle, a very impressive performance. At this moment Scott decided it was time to consume an entire bottle of Everclear. 3 minutes later he passed out on the side of the road. Regardless, the winner of Pariah Roulette has had a very satisfying season.

Meanwhile, 3 riders had slipped away from the lead group. In anticipation of the final climb, AussieGodess, Descender and Kwibus had gone into the attack. At the foot of the Vulva Vergano the trio had a lead of 25 seconds over the chasers, where Craig1985 couldn’t resist and immediately unleashed his fury on the Vulva. In his wheel, 2 riders followed: RedheadDane and the inevitable Thirteen. At the top of the climb we had 6 leaders: AussieGodess, Descender, Kwibus, Craig1985, RedheadDane and Thirteen. In the descent, Descender proved his name worthy. Descender’s actions and the harsh weather conditions terminated Craig1985’s race when he hit a curb on the side of the road and ended up in a ditch. The rider escaped unharmed, but was forced to abandon because of the cold.

The five remaining riders entered the last kilometer in each other’s wheels. The group slowed down while no one wanted to be in first position when the sprint started. With 800 meters to go, RedheadDane decided to launch a surprise attack. For a brief moment the group hesitated, but it was Descender who brought them back onto her wheel with 500 to go. Descender then swerved to the right side of the road and accelerated again. This time AussieGodess jumped on his wheel and dragged the rest with her. 300 meters from the line the Godess launched her sprint, the rainbow jersey was positioned perfectly in her wheel. But then an earth shattering acceleration by Kwibus turned everything upside down. While the amiable Kwibus had all the time in the world to celebrate, Thirteen and AussieGodess battled it out for second. The World Champion concluded a season of ups and downs with a beautiful 2nd place, just ahead of AussieGodess. A few seconds later Descender and RedheadDane took the 4th and 5th places.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
YAY!!
My first race ever and I got fifth!

Love this! :D Nice race, man. Love your random changing people's names

Yeah, wanted to make you 'Gingerviking'. But it sounded too much like gingivitis.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
boomcie said:
Zero di Lombacteria
Havetts, probably the best domestique in the peloton, had quickly brought down the difference to under 10 minutes.

Haha I feel honored :eek::eek::eek:. Awesome race. Got to love the random bashing of D_T and others haha. Congratulations to Kwibus, seems my domestiqueing wasnt in vain!

Great post Boomcie, posts like these always make me smile when entering the CN Forums :)

A

Anonymous

boomcie said:
Zero di Lombacteria

The Zero di Lombacteria concludes this long and tiring year. The “classic of the crawling leech” is a very demanding race that usually ends up having a worthy winner. Although many riders were eying this classic, a few of them had explicitly made this a season goal.

A few days before the start of the race, Dekker_Tifosi was caught slurping male body fluids straight from the source, reportedly believing they contained high levels of testosterone. Cycling’s “bad boy” has already publicly declined being an active homosexual, but the public opinion is rigid.

Favorites:

0 Lady Gaga, Magikarp, Dekker_Tifosi, Adam Sandler, Teddy Ruxpin, Scrappy-Doo, Random Annoying Figure

Much to everyone’s surprise, Dekker_Tifosi appeared at the start of the race wearing a pink Borat-like swimsuit. Race organizer Boomcie generously allowed him to start the race. A decision solely fueled by empathy, that was loudly applauded by the audience.

The race started in horrible weather conditions. Rain was pouring down the sky and temperature was around 10 degrees. In the first meters Usedtobefast, Dr.Maserati, Escarbajo and roundabout reluctantly went into the attack. ScottSocal, caught off guard while drinking a pint of Stroh rum, was the last one to join them. The peloton was happy to let these courageous riders go and their lead quickly grew to 10 minutes.

The pace in the peloton was gentle and for a long time we saw an uneventful race, but after about 50 kilometers Timmy Loves Rabo suddenly hit the deck. While the peloton distanced the unfortunate cyclist, one rider stopped to offer him a helping hand. It was good Samaritan Jobiwan. Despite their differences in the past, Jobiwan helped out his opponent and together they made their way back to the peloton. Many riders were seen with tears in their eyes, while Moondance was singing canticles.

At the front, ScottSocal was seen handing out free samples of absinthe. The atmosphere in the front group was optimal. Reportedly, many good jokes were told, but sadly I don’t know any of those.

Back in the peloton, an animated discussion had arisen within Team Music Thread whether it was “Kanye West” or “Kenny West”. While no agreement was reached about the rapper’s name, everyone agreed that his music was god awful.

The race itself was very demanding on the riders. A few people followed TLR’s example and crashed. Many of them were not able to return to the front, amongst them pre-race favorites Ferminal, mewmewmew13 and Tuarts. Other riders simply couldn’t be bothered to continue because of the harsh weather conditions. Two of them were Borat_Tifosi and El Pistolet, who amicably hugged each other for warmth. A terrified Parrulo had to leave the race because he saw this blossoming bromance unfold.

The peloton slowly started picking up the pace, because the front group had already built a lead of over 12 minutes. Havetts, probably the best domestique in the peloton, had quickly brought down the difference to under 10 minutes. Soon he got the help of ACF and dlwssonic, 2 good BMC domestiques looking for a leader. Now the difference was going down rapidly, because the alcoholic beverages were taking heavy toll on the front group. With 80 kilometers to go the difference had been brought back to a measly 3 minutes, the sign for fan favorite ScottSocal to launch a rare vomit-attack combo. He rapidly distanced his fellow escapees and reached the foot of the Madonna del Gaysaddle with a bonus of almost 4 minutes over the peloton.

Meanwhile Dekker_Tifosi released his 1-page novel: “The advantages of a micro p*n!s”. A self-proclaimed fictional work.

As was to be expected the peloton exploded on the Madonna de Gaysaddle. As usual it was World Champion Thirteen who ripped the peloton apart. While at first she seemed to be going on a lone attack, an elite group of 8 riders (Kwibus, Craig1985, “The User Formerly Known as Zamasailo”, AussieGoddess, RedheadDane, Amsterhammer, Descender and Mellow Velo) was formed behind the valiant American. Thirteen wisely decided to wait for the group to join her and carefully observed everyone as they passed her.

Behind the lead group of nine, TheHitch and TLR were setting up a two-man time trial with MickeyVDB not trailing too far behind. When the 9 riders reached the top of the climb, The PolishProphet and TimmyTulipDidgeridoo were just 5 seconds back, while the Belgian Poulidor had almost reached them as well. In the descent of the Gaysaddle the group of nine inevitably became a 12-man group.

Remarkably, ScottSoaksAll had only lost a minute on the ascent of the Gaysaddle, a very impressive performance. At this moment Scott decided it was time to consume an entire bottle of Everclear. 3 minutes later he passed out on the side of the road. Regardless, the winner of Pariah Roulette has had a very satisfying season.

Meanwhile, 3 riders had slipped away from the lead group. In anticipation of the final climb, AussieGodess, Descender and Kwibus had gone into the attack. At the foot of the Vulva Vergano the trio had a lead of 25 seconds over the chasers, where Craig1985 couldn’t resist and immediately unleashed his fury on the Vulva. In his wheel, 2 riders followed: RedheadDane and the inevitable Thirteen. At the top of the climb we had 6 leaders: AussieGodess, Descender, Kwibus, Craig1985, RedheadDane and Thirteen. In the descent, Descender proved his name worthy. Descender’s actions and the harsh weather conditions terminated Craig1985’s race when he hit a curb on the side of the road and ended up in a ditch. The rider escaped unharmed, but was forced to abandon because of the cold.

The five remaining riders entered the last kilometer in each other’s wheels. The group slowed down while no one wanted to be in first position when the sprint started. With 800 meters to go, RedheadDane decided to launch a surprise attack. For a brief moment the group hesitated, but it was Descender who brought them back onto her wheel with 500 to go. Descender then swerved to the right side of the road and accelerated again. This time AussieGodess jumped on his wheel and dragged the rest with her. 300 meters from the line the Godess launched her sprint, the rainbow jersey was positioned perfectly in her wheel. But then an earth shattering acceleration by Kwibus turned everything upside down. While the amiable Kwibus had all the time in the world to celebrate, Thirteen and AussieGodess battled it out for second. The World Champion concluded a season of ups and downs with a beautiful 2nd place, just ahead of AussieGodess. A few seconds later Descender and RedheadDane took the 4th and 5th places.

I thought I had this thing won, but I pulled a Zabel and began to celebrate too early.:eek:

Brilliant Boomcie :D

boomcie said:
Zero di Lombacteria

Favorites:

incredibile race..