• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is/are your favorite user(s) on this forum?

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
The crash was not my fault, its was one of the mafiaso ..havetts ..that blocked me, he tried to move where there was no space to even breathe.... but ...well yea *** happens...no hard feelings

Those damn Mafioso we must take care of them! always meddling with other people's businesses :mad:

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
@libertine i haven't swallowed my pride, i simply am not an egocentric selfish character so i know when its best to work for a team mate and do it for the team

:p

Are you describing sexual intercourse?

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I forgot about this thread. I did see that I helped to collect water bottles way back on stage 3 though! I can only imagine that my jersey was completely full of 10+ bottles.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Holy ****, I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before. I guess there is something other than "babes on bikes" worth checking out in the cafe :D:D

Tour of CN

Stage 10: The "How nerd is this forum?" circuit

Previous Stage: Stage- 9

Stage Details: hilly circuit on Nerd Town with 3 major hills in it: the "Challenge accepted" hill, the "Poker Face" hill and the "Troll" hill.

************* Shocking News**************

The cold night has claimed a life within the peloton!!!! Team Aussie has just sent out a press release saying that Craig1985 couldn't resit the injuries caused by his crash on the last stage and has unfortunately passed away. it is yet to be confirmed but what looked like minor bruises were covering massive internal injuries.

The stage which was going to be raced on one of Craig's favorite coursers has therefore been canceled, the peloton will instead ride a memorial ride around the flat "y u no" district before doing one lap of the circuit Craig loved so much and finishing on "No me Gusta" street instead of "Me Gusta" avenue like it was planned.

Race:

The peloton looks devastated, even libertine seguros who just lost his major rival for the sprints. There isn't much talking going on, if any, and teams are taking turns at the front. alongside the rode people are showing their respects for Craig by clapping or simply standing silent at the side of the road. the flat part has slowly and painfully passed and we are now inside craig's beloved circuit. The guys who usually trained along side craig on this circuit just took the front of the peloton and will be leading it for the 3 major hills of the circuit, the group includes along some others riders like Parrulo, Timmy Loves Rabo, MichielVeeDeeBee, Dekker-tiffosi, The hitch, Bomcie and Zam who's expression doesn't even resembles his usual happy one. We can't even imagine how he feels for causing the crash that took his friend's life. The crowds alongside the road are massive, larger then the crowds on any other stage, clearly the people on this region knew Craig from seeing him on his training rides in that area. The finish line is close and team australia gathers at the front alongside Zam to cross the finish line first, the church bell is playing and as it does tears run down the faces of many riders in the peloton. They cross the line together and the stage is over.

in Craig Walsh's memory

may you rest in peace

craig-walsh-deep.jpg

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
that was excellent. Truth be told one of the reasons I have neglected this thread of late was because of craig. He was one of the best contributors in this thread, and I made him a big part of my race plot. His passing hit me pretty hard at the time (was always one of my favorite members), and I did not feel like writing the next stage at all since then.

TRENDING THREADS