Who is BPC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone but me seems to know...

I've figured out he's a fanboy (to put it mildly) and uses lots of sockpuppets, but what username did he use originally? What's the history?

There is no BPC user and "BPC" is too short of a word to use in a search.
 
May 15, 2009
550
1
0
BPC stands for Ban Pro Cycling, AFAIK. Don't know about his original username, was it Arbiter or Sprocket01? I know he used all these names, but the original one...Who knows?

I always wondered whether he and jackhammer111 is the same person.
 
Jul 22, 2009
3,355
1
0
I recall a Ban Pro Cycling and then like a British Pro Cycling. Frankly, his posting cracks me up. It gives a good portion of the forum something to do while I hang out in unrelated threads.
 
May 15, 2010
833
0
0
somewhere along the line that was one of his usernames.

quite a curiosity. his life seems to be an obsession with posting and getting banned. He's sort of like gollum. He is torn between our world and the darkness. he likes to talk about lance to get a rise out of people.
 
Ninety5rpm said:
Everyone but me seems to know...

I've figured out he's a fanboy (to put it mildly) and uses lots of sockpuppets, but what username did he use originally? What's the history?

There is no BPC user and "BPC" is too short of a word to use in a search.

The complete list is far too long to post,and I've forgotten many of his names, we are over 60 now I believe. BPC stands for BanProCycling, BritishProCycling, BristolProCycling, before that he was Arbiter.
TFF seems to think he is crazy, I think he just has no friends and no life, he keeps coming back because we are all he has. Sad really.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Here is a partial list:

# Apostate
# awesometown
# BanProCycling
# Bike Rider
# Biological Entity
# British Pro Cycling
# Captain Phil
# Crazy Horse
# Creatine Bob
# Diet Coke
# Epoché
# Eyjafjallajokull
# Fred Thistle
# Game changer
# Lanceisking
# MarkGreen0
# Max Power
# McLaren
# Message for Martin
# Off the front
# Off the front again
# Prodigy
# Rex Hunter
# Rise Of The Dead
# Roadhouse
# Seven Straight
# Slayer
# Sprocket
# Sprocket01
# sprocket02
# SPROCKET999
# Stealth
# The Master plan
# The Prodigal Son
# weasel

I think he is mentally ill AND has no friends or life. I am sure of one thing, he has a mother. He is way too much of a loser to have a job, so he has to have someone buy his internet access and wash his yellow stained underwear.
 
Jul 22, 2009
3,355
1
0
The Hitch said:
Strange why he used that name. ban pro cycling doesnt sound like a name an armstrong fanboy would use

I think it is suggestive of being banned for taking up arms against guys who promulgate the murmur of 'this guy is on dope' and 'that guy is on dope'. Meaning, others really want to damage pro cycling. Of course, the primary objective is to defend Armstrong. Some things he says makes a lot of sense, but then he shoots way overboard for reaction, making every thread a never-ending argument about the same things. It'd be easier if forum management would just let him post under a single username. It's difficult for me to keep up with what is going on and I am usually pretty good at sorting it out.
 
May 15, 2010
833
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
I think he is mentally ill AND has no friends or life. I am sure of one thing, he has a mother. He is way too much of a loser to have a job, so he has to have someone buy his internet access and wash his yellow stained underwear.

Thanks TFF. We all needed to know that...and to wonder how you know. :D

I would like to know who (if he has a job, which is certainly debatable) his co-workers are and what their impressions are. I'm kinda thinking Milton from Office Space and the weatherman from Anchorman.

I THINK he's harmless...but ya just never know.
 
May 15, 2010
833
0
0
scribe said:
I think it is suggestive of being banned for taking up arms against guys who promulgate the murmur of 'this guy is on dope' and 'that guy is on dope'. Meaning, others really want to damage pro cycling. Of course, the primary objective is to defend Armstrong. Some things he says makes a lot of sense, but then he shoots way overboard for reaction, making every thread a never-ending argument about the same things. It'd be easier if forum management would just let him post under a single username. It's difficult for me to keep up with what is going on and I am usually pretty good at sorting it out.

The problem is that people keep rising to his bait and in about 10 minutes he can hijack an otherwise good thread. Thus the banning. We try and tell folks to not respond, but there's always a couple of people who can't resist and away we go.
 
Jul 22, 2009
3,355
1
0
bobs *** said:
Thanks TFF. We all needed to know that...and to wonder how you know. :D

I would like to know who (if he has a job, which is certainly debatable) his co-workers are and what their impressions are. I'm kinda thinking Milton from Office Space and the weatherman from Anchorman.

I THINK he's harmless...but ya just never know.

It's been a while now. But the language on the forum a year ago was far worse than it was now. Not sure why it got that way, but it took them a while to sort out their tolerance and set a level of decorum in moderation. At the same time, the moderation openly encouraged people to take their fights to PM so as to not spoil everyone's surfing. I think that was an error, as all that ugly fighting then went to PM. As a consequence, I think some stuff went on behind closed doors that made the boss around here decide BPC just can't post here, so they will ban on the spot.
 
Jul 22, 2009
3,355
1
0
Before all this gets deleted. Does anyone remember the 'tag' fighting that used to go on in threads BPC fueled threads? lol Stuff would go in anonymously and it was AWFUL. They've wisely disabled that forum feature.
 
bobs *** said:
The problem is that people keep rising to his bait and in about 10 minutes he can hijack an otherwise good thread. Thus the banning. We try and tell folks to not respond, but there's always a couple of people who can't resist and away we go.

That's his M.O. He's been doing it for a year and a half on here and he's remained effective at baiting people into responding to him, especially those new(ish) to the forum that don't know he's a professional troll. His only goal is to disrupt threads and destroy the forum by turning most all discussions on here into barely readable mish-mash of trolling garbage and insane statements from all sides. Which he remains successfull at.

Letting him stay with one name will not solve the problem as he usually has multiple sockpuppets registered at the same time and has conversations with himself when people ignore him.

The only hope for the forum is if his mom finally kicks him out of her basement.
 
May 13, 2009
653
0
0
There is a "roadhouse" on cylingforums.com that is a mega LA Fanboy.
Why dont the mods just ban his IP address?

Thoughtforfood said:
Here is a partial list:

# Apostate
# awesometown
# BanProCycling
# Bike Rider
# Biological Entity
# British Pro Cycling
# Captain Phil
# Crazy Horse
# Creatine Bob
# Diet Coke
# Epoché
# Eyjafjallajokull
# Fred Thistle
# Game changer
# Lanceisking
# MarkGreen0
# Max Power
# McLaren
# Message for Martin
# Off the front
# Off the front again
# Prodigy
# Rex Hunter
# Rise Of The Dead
# Roadhouse
# Seven Straight
# Slayer
# Sprocket
# Sprocket01
# sprocket02
# SPROCKET999
# Stealth
# The Master plan
# The Prodigal Son
# weasel

I think he is mentally ill AND has no friends or life. I am sure of one thing, he has a mother. He is way too much of a loser to have a job, so he has to have someone buy his internet access and wash his yellow stained underwear.
 

Apostate

BANNED
Jul 20, 2010
24
0
0
BikeCentric said:
That's his M.O. He's been doing it for a year and a half on here and he's remained effective at baiting people into responding to him, especially those new(ish)

I think it was August of last year, so not a year yet.

His only goal is to disrupt threads and destroy the forum by turning most all discussions on here into barely readable mish-mash of trolling garbage and insane statements from all sides. Which he remains successfull at.

I'm sure he's read that before - isn't this thread a moment for a bit of honesty? It's you and the mods that decide to make the threads unreadable. Though to give them credit, they did clamp down on the policy of you guys to post pictures and ruin the threads deliberately. The problem with that is, they now just ban me instead, so the policy did work.

Letting him stay with one name will not solve the problem as he usually has multiple sockpuppets registered at the same time and has conversations with himself when people ignore him.

Poor form. You know I've never had a sock puppet.

If the case against me is so good, why is it based on lies? Not one of your paragraphs is correct.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
frizzlefry said:
There is a "roadhouse" on cylingforums.com that is a mega LA Fanboy.
Why dont the mods just ban his IP address?

??? I haven't posted there in a couple of years I think. I left there because another troll completely disrupted the forum. There was a software glitch that allowed a banned poster to go into a thread and post, the post wouldn't be allowed, but the thread would bump up to the top anyway. He just went through the oldest posts he could find and would bump pages and pages of them. There were also several other problems there, like months on end where no new users could join, and then an obnoxious group of Aussie posters (I know, hard to believe..:rolleyes:) came on and just made the place unbearable.

As for IP, BPC uses a proxy and you can get unlimited free email addresses, so its easy to do unfortunately.
 
Jul 22, 2009
3,355
1
0
Can we negotiate a truce and get Admins to just let him post under one name? If he promises no more weirdo stuff in PM and to occasionally let off the gas in some topics.
 

Apostate

BANNED
Jul 20, 2010
24
0
0
frizzlefry said:
There is a "roadhouse" on cylingforums.com that is a mega LA Fanboy.
Why dont the mods just ban his IP address?

Never actually posted as Road House.

But TFF is my biggest fan. He now owns me by sending my new account a message saying "I own you", and then saying he's puts me on ignore.

That's how you own someone. By sending them a message saying you have owned them, then saying you can't read any reply

He's struggled to come to terms with me from the early days. I didn't bother with him because he didn't engage in debate - not very good at that stuff - so he would send me friend requests.

It is funny, don't you think? He's never actually won an argument in his life and broadcasts that my sending me PMs saying he's owned me. It's like he doesn't know the signals he puts out. Even yesterday when he was trolling the race thread he just couldn't get his story straight and was tied up in knots, trying to claim he likes macho riders!

He's the one guy who really wants to be a troll but just aint good enough.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
scribe said:
Can we negotiate a truce and get Admins to just let him post under one name? If he promises no more weirdo stuff in PM and to occasionally let off the gas in some topics.

Been there, done that before. When he was alphabet soup volcano boy, he promised the same thing...and it lasted maybe a week. He literally cannot help it. You guys think I am being insulting when I say he is mentally ill. In all honesty, I am merely pointing out fact that has been affirmed by a couple of moderators who have tried to deal with him in a rational manner. It is also plainly obvious to anyone who looks at what he does.

He is a professional troll. He does this on many forums, and it isn't about Lance or cycling. He just found an issue he can troll on here. Unfortunately for us, he found this forum and decided to do his troll number here and will continue until he gets bored.
 
May 7, 2009
1,282
0
0
bobs *** said:
........He's sort of like gollum. He is torn between our world and the darkness. .....

LMAO...

Smeagol/Gollum is the one who killed Deagol. Should I be worried ?
:eek:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.