• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

• Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
As I pointed in first page, that's the likely team for Sky I think. Which is a very good team.

It does look very good, will be interesting tosee how Cataldo shapes up for Sky. Wiggins needs a powerful team otherwise he will get isolated and swamped in the high mountains

May 19, 2011
Visit site
MartinGT said:
Nibbles

Wiggo wont finish in the top 5 due to reasons not allowed to be discussed here :p

I said it in previous post. In light of SKY turmoil right now and this might just be the start, you have to wonder how much that is going to affect Wiggins' preparation for Giro and Froom's preparation for Tour. Odds is not on their sides in my opinion.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
maxmartin said:
I said it in previous post. In light of SKY turmoil right now and this might just be the start, you have to wonder how much that is going to affect Wiggins' preparation for Giro and Froom's preparation for Tour. Odds is not on their sides in my opinion.

lol @ people thinking they would only dope wiggo and froome. guys like uran and henao have not rode amazingly above expectations or anything. ebh failed again in the classics. they are clean. like it or not

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
lol @ people thinking they would only dope wiggo and froome. guys like uran and henao have not rode amazingly above expectations or anything. ebh failed again in the classics. they are clean. like it or not

Nobody is talking doping and please go to clinic to talk about your doping stuff, we are just saying current turmoil situation in the SKY team. I think management and coach change definitely have impact on riders' preparation

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
cineteq said:
Add Gesink to the list please.

"The Tour de France in 2013 is a goal, but I also want to see how well the route of the Giro d'Italia looks," Gesink told Telesport. “It is possibly an option to ride it."

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13185/Gesink-considering-Giro-dItalia-debut-in-2013.aspx

The Giro is the new Tour. :)

Hopefully he decides to ride it and forget about the Tour this year. Although I have doubts he will do this. We'll probably see Gesink going for the Tour again :(.

Gesink says every year he might ride the giro and in the end he goes to the tour again because after the classics he is tired :rolleyes:

maybe it changes now that nordhaug is in the team and now that mollema is a solid top 10 finisher in the hilly classics, if nordhaug and mollema do the ardennes classics gesink might focus on the giro instead, i keep hoping but it will probably not happen

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Gesink says every year he might ride the giro and in the end he goes to the tour again because after the classics he is tired :rolleyes:

maybe it changes now that nordhaug is in the team and now that mollema is a solid top 10 finisher in the hilly classics, if nordhaug and mollema do the ardennes classics gesink might focus on the giro instead, i keep hoping but it will probably not happen
IMO he should try to win either of T-A or VaPV, then rest before Giro (maybe Trentino before) and then Vuelta and the autumn classics.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Why are people so sure Rodriguez was the strongest? Just on the base of Lago Laсeno stage when Hesjedal had been hanging for a little while?

airstream said:
Why are people so sure Rodriguez was the strongest? Just on the base of Lago Laсeno stage when Hesjedal had been hanging for a little while?

J-Rod didn't know who to follow in the Giro 2012, He was surprised about Basso and Scarponi's weakness and he didn't think Hesjedal was a serious contender until very late (too late).

2013 will be different and J-Rod will control the game more.

Dazed and Confused said:
J-Rod didn't know who to follow in the Giro 2012, He was surprised about Basso and Scarponi's weakness and he didn't think Hesjedal was a serious contender until very late (too late).

It is always a shot in the dark to try to predict performance for the following year based of the previous year actions. The battle will be different in 2013, not just the course. J-Rod might ride to win but others will also act knowing his weaknesses and strengh. I am routing for all of them and let the best man win for sure

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:

Maybe, but it relates to Hesjedal too partially. The thing is Hesjedal finished better than Rodriguez in the only GT both of them participated and everyone knew this. Perhaps, Ryder could take 30 sec at Cervinia at the expense of his semi-favorite status, but to think Rodriguez could follow him back then is quite arrogant. Ultimately the grand Pampeago battle was lost. The decisive attack from 5 at least km out wasn't done and iirc there was no any attempt. So I don't see how Purito could be stronger and where he could extract more.

airstream said:
Maybe, but it relates to Hesjedal too partially. The thing is Hesjedal finished better than Rodriguez in the only GT both of them participated and everyone knew this. Perhaps, Ryder could take 30 sec at Cervinia at the expense of his semi-favorite status, but to think Rodriguez could follow him back then is quite arrogant. Ultimately the grand Pampeago battle was lost. The decisive attack from 5 at least km out wasn't done and iirc there was no any attempt. So I don't see how Purito could be stronger and where he could extract more.

Hesjedal was the deserved winner. Its not his fault J-Rod follows the wrong wheels.

However next year will be different. J-Rod will know hes the strongest in the mountains and will take advantage of that confidence.

TRENDING THREADS