• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

• Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jason_Mercier said:
The last time he rode the Giro was in 2005. Would be interesting. This year we'll have Giro contenders that dont be scared if they have to attack. Nibali and Samuel. Also if Rujano is in top form... fortunately it seems that we wont have a "show" like this year. I only want more TT'ers. There's only Wiggins with GC aspirations. Would be nice if Talansky come to Italy. But i think its difficult because of Hesjedal decission. By the way i want to see Cam Meyer in Italy. He demonstrated in the Vuelta a España that he is improving in the mountain. He only needs endurance and a bit more of climbing skills.

More TT'ers:
Radioshack could send one of the pensioners, but its doubtful. BMC could split the Van Garderen - Evans force, but mountain support looks weak on the team, so don't think they can risk avoiding using both in France.

Dazed and Confused said:
More TT'ers:
Radioshack could send one of the pensioners, but its doubtful. BMC could split the Van Garderen - Evans force, but mountain support looks weak on the team, so don't think they can risk avoiding using both in France.

radiosack will very likely send machado this year which is a tt oriented guy, but ofc he will do what he does on every GT. . . by stage 5 he will be injured and 30 minutes back due to crashes :Facepalm: :p

Eshnar said:
was there anyone believing he was almost gonna win, before the start? I remember people were quite surprised to see him so consistent in the high mountains. Just an impression.

Let's hope he doesn't crash before :eek:

Not me. I just thought Basso, Scarponi (and Rujano :eek: ) would be a bit stronger. Scarponi was probably less doped up than before, so that explains that.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Wiggins ok. Evans? Van Garderen? Talansky? (80% probabilities they wont ride) We only find non solid options: Menchov (His time has gone) Klöden (the same) Brajkovic, Porte (Domestiques) Peraud (Will he come?) Peter Velits (Loves the TDF, so is not probably to see Peter in Italy. And if he would come who knows if he will be able to do the GC) Kelderman (more a desire than a reality) Westra and Cam Meyer (nothing demonstrated yet in the GC of a GT) Pinotti (...) A shame. Would be nice to see a GC battle between climbers and TT'ers. The climbers would be obliged to make the most in the mountain stages.

Dazed and Confused said:
More TT'ers:

BMC will just look for stage wins like this year. Evans and Van Garderen won't ride the Giro. One could be in his last Tour and one is on the improve after a great ride this year.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Maxime Monfort. But i cant see him fighting for a Top10. Conclussions: We'll only have climbers except Wiggins. And that's not good. But we'll have "offensive" guys like Nibali or Samuel. So i expect the race wont be too boring. Acquarone has the win key. If he invites Coldeportes all approachs will change.

Jason_Mercier said:
Maxime Monfort. But i cant see him fighting for a Top10. Conclussions: We'll only have climbers except Wiggins. And that's not good. But we'll have "offensive" guys like Nibali or Samuel. So i expect the race wont be too boring. Acquarone has the win key. If he invites Coldeportes all approachs will change.
Gesink will (maybe) ride. He's a time trialist ;)

I don't think inviting Coldeportes will change much, at least for GC.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Wiggo will own this with smile

images

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Afrank said:
Best...news...ever! :D Now if only Gesink will wise up and do the Giro Vuelta also.
I've got to update my predictions.

The best news ever would be the resurrection of Pantani, Lucho Herrera and the confirmation of Nairo Quintana;):D What times... When the Testa Della Corsa was Lucho and the favourites group were compound by Fignon, Roche, Hampsten, Chiocchioli, Breukink, Giovanetti, Lejarreta or Vona. Ten GTS and innumerable podiums. Today we have Hesjedals and De Gendts and we jump of happiness if Samuel Sánchez ride.

Jason_Mercier said:
The best news ever would be the resurrection of Pantani, Lucho Herrera and the confirmation of Nairo Quintana;):D What times... When the Testa Della Corsa was Lucho and the favourites group were compound by Fignon, Roche, Hampsten, Chiocchioli, Breukink, Giovanetti, Lejarreta or Vona. Ten GTS and innumerable podiums. Today we have Hesjedals and De Gendts and we jump of happiness if Samuel Sánchez ride.

its adapt or switch off the TV.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
Giro - Tour is more likely, from what I read. It will be fun to watch, I'm sure.

Still, I'd take it. Just as long as he doesn't make the Tour his #1 goal of the season yet again.

TRENDING THREADS