• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

• Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Parrulo said:
ofc, they just have to bring attention to the race one way or the other. they already have wiggins and nibali which makes for 2/3's of last years tour podium so even if contador ends up not coming, they will still be fine imo.

looking at older videos of the giro and comparing with more recent ones i have noticed that ASO really seem to be investing a lot on making it bigger and better. just compare contador's podium in 08 and his podium in 2011. they online platform is also very well run with lot's of interaction with the fans.

i honestly think the giro is very slowly but surely closing the gap to the tour in terms of media attention and production.
you meant RCS?
anyway, yes, undoubtly they're trying to close the gap.

Eshnar said:
you meant RCS?
anyway, yes, undoubtly they're trying to close the gap.

ya i meant RCS i was just thinking about ASO at the same time and messed up the post.

Eshnar said:
I'd say that 10 years ago the situation was way worse than now. But in the 90's it was better, probably.

i doesn't matter weather it is possible or not to close the gap to the tour, the fact is RCS is trying to do so.

also how can the giro not reach the tour level of production? does the tour have exclusivity on HD transmission, allegoric cars, hot girls, and beautiful places? tough so. . . . production is all about investment and despite not having the volume of business ASO has sacrificing profits(which ASO doesn't do) or gathering extra support, it is perfectly possible to get to the same levels of the tour.

what you can't buy is media attention but over the last years the giro has been attracting more big names which also contributes for the media exposure of the race.

anyway not everything is white or black despite what ryo and gloin may think and even tho the giro will almost surely never equal or surpass the tour in terms of overall fame(or are we claim anything for sure on the really long run), it doesn't mean that the gap btw the 2 can't be reduced to smaller levels then what it was at the start of this century when the giro was a mostly all italian affair with no caring from the outside world. And if RCS weren't trying to do so then they would be some pretty crappy organizers, much like unipublic.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
acquarone showing his idiot self once again. he said that the invitation of coldeportes will depend on if uran and henao will ride the giro with sky. or else too many colombians :rolleyes:

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
acquarone showing his idiot self once again. he said that the invitation of coldeportes will depend on if uran and henao will ride the giro with sky. or else too many colombians :rolleyes:

OMG!This guy is ridiculous:eek:

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Today's license threw completely new light on the next Giro.
I think RCS would be delighted to see Contador in their race, and Wiggins just might rethink his decision.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:

You said ASO would most likely pick them for the Tour. If so, why would you want them in the Giro? They're not good enough to do both the Giro and the Tour.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
You said ASO would most likely pick them for the Tour. If so, why would you want them in the Giro? They're not good enough to do both the Giro and the Tour.

of course they would be good enough to do both gt's. they have like 4 different gt leaders.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Ruudz0r said:
Suarez was pretty bad in 2012 although he was good in 2011 do you know what caused his underperforming in 2012?

he was undertrained like every rider of the team was. he had it worst though. he is a talent not much less of duarte, also as a youngster in colombia and I expect him to be well again in 2013. anyway they could split the team quite easily by sending chaves and atapuma to the giro and duarte and suarez to the tour for instance. also all of their other riders are pretty good too, not greenedge or argos climbers. so they should be able to animate as well, although winning might be harder. should they do bith gt's they will add some extra rider in june from their ct team that is literally loaded with talent in 2013.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
YEAHHHHHH. Here are the TT'ers. And what would happen if Wilco do the Van Garderen style in the TDF? i mean **** his own leader in the climbs and of course in the Itts. ?¿? Also i can see Kruivswijk more than one time stronger than Robert in the mountains. His 2011 Giro tell me that. The news is great.

TRENDING THREADS