• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wiggins Discussion thread.

Page 172 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Afrank said:
Did you not watch Romandie? Compare What Wiggins did in California to what Froome did in Romandie, then come back and tell me if you still think Wiggins has the slightest chance against Froome.

Probably not. We all know that.

But I for one do certainly hope that SKY will not use Wiggins as a domestique during the first 2 weeks. Just let him ride his own race and maybe use him to make others chase if necessary later on. Two cards is better than one. And if he is within striking distance after stage 19 he could very well end up on the podium. I can't find a profile for the TT but if it's pancake flat I can see Wiggins making up 3+ minutes on all GC riders save Froome.

Just read this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...needs-drugs-I-mountains-fuelled-espresso.html

Just look at this.

Even so, Wiggins did suggest Froome had betrayed him at the time. In particular on that mountain stage when Froome rode away from his team leader with what appeared to be a show of strength, only to be ordered back by the team management. In his own book, then directeur sportif Sean Yates said Wiggins was so shaken by the episode, he considered quitting the race that night.

I can't believe it. He must be such a p*ssy. Quitting the race?! OMG, that's so insane, talk about a guy who is pathetic.

Walkman said:
Ok, this was new to me. Made me see Wiggins in a whole new light. I just can't believe how you could even consider abandoning the race.

I think in cycling terms it's a big thing to disobey team orders and attack your leader.

I can't think of another sport where there's a team but any of the members can win outright, rather than the team as a collective, like football, rugby, cricket, etc.

I'm sure another member will be better informed than myself on the subject.

elfed68 said:
I think in cycling terms it's a big thing to disobey team orders and attack your leader.

I can't think of another sport where there's a team but any of the members can win outright, rather than the team as a collective, like football, rugby, cricket, etc.

Formula 1

elfed68 said:
Yes, quite right but it's not a collection of players all aiming for the same objective.

Bobby Moore didn't win the world cup, neither did Martin Johnson, it was England in both sports.

So why is it not Team Sky, La Vie Claire, etc

Any other sports?
Surely you'd say the defending WC is Vettel, not Red Bull, no?

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
elfed68 said:

Long distance running would be the obvious parallel.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-reveals-how-close-he-was-to-leaving-team-sky-in-2011

This guy,Wiggins, is such an ***.I know its a book written by his 'opponent' and their relationship is bad,some things are exaggerated but important part (the core) are true imo.
I mentioned it few times here and I know lot of people have same kind of opinion,but wow he is not a man in any kind of point of view of this word.He is so weak mentally (we all know even physically lol),childish,selfish etc etc
My english is not enough to express everything about him and how much I dont honor this human being.
And from sports point of view I will say this, I would rather see win Pantani,Ulrich,Hamilton,Riis,Viranque,Armstrong and even that big *** Landis Tour 10 times than Sir Bradley dumbass once in his life.
For me its the biggest disgrace of modern cycling that can be ever reached (in comparison with him Im a Froome lover lol:eek:)
And Im not overreacting,and I am 100% serious about this.Its incredible how weak this man is really.

ILovecycling said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-reveals-how-close-he-was-to-leaving-team-sky-in-2011

This guy,Wiggins, is such an ***.I know its a book written by his 'opponent' and their relationship is bad,some things are exaggerated but important part (the core) are true imo.
I mentioned it few times here and I know lot of people have same kind of opinion,but wow he is not a man in any kind of point of view of this word.He is so weak mentally (we all know even physically lol),childish,selfish etc etc
My english is not enough to express everything about him and how much I dont honor this human being.
And from sports point of view I will say this, I would rather see win Pantani,Ulrich,Hamilton,Riis,Viranque,Armstrong and even that big *** Landis Tour 10 times than Sir Bradley dumbass once in his life.
For me its the biggest disgrace of modern cycling that can be ever reached (in comparison with him Im a Froome lover lol:eek:)
And Im not overreacting,and I am 100% serious about this.Its incredible how weak this man is really.

Slight over reaction there...

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
ILovecycling said:

I'm no fan of Wiggins as a person myself but the article reflects much worse on Froome! Selfish and arrogant. Paid to protect the leader but didn't agree so took thugs into his own hands despite a clearly struggling team leader. Maybe he should move into football.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
roundabout said:
You mean paid to be the leader.

Or so he thought.

Paid as much as a leader maybe, but paid to be a leader?? He must be an idiot aswell! Every man and his dog knew that Wiggins was the leader, with Froome there as back up. Even as second in command, only a special kind of **** would abandon their leader when he is in the lead but struggling. It's a shame Sky's two least likeable riders have been their leaders.

CycloAndy said:
I'm no fan of Wiggins as a person myself but the article reflects much worse on Froome! Selfish and arrogant. Paid to protect the leader but didn't agree so took thugs into his own hands despite a clearly struggling team leader. Maybe he should move into football.

Uhm…did you watched the race? Froome speaks the truth which is nice to hear. Bradley is an egoistic, undeserving ***. Take stage 17 for example. Froome could easily have caught Valverde and won the stage but Wiggins did not let him go! :eek:

And at the point, Nibali was already dropped and there was only 2,5km left. Can you seriously believe how much of a ******bag Wiggins must be?

Imagine:

Froome: Since we dropped all the GC-threats and it's only 2,5 km to go, can I attack and take the stage win?
Wiggins: Actually, I don't like to put my nose into the wind, so NO. You will stay here and pace me all the way up.

Of course Froome is ****ed since he was denied chances to win stages just because Wiggins ego could not take it.