• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

World Politics

Page 367 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:
Liberals are right.. conservatives are wrong and prove it each time one is elected. People cannot be trusted much less a corporation as a person. Order is not going to be maintained by (stock symbol xyz)out of the goodness of its heart.

Weren't you saying a few hundred pages back how government is people.

People cannot be trusted... Corporations are people... Govt is people....... Government can't be trusted... Corporations cannot be trusted.

But of course government is sacrosanct whereas ordinary people and corporations are shifty.:rolleyes:

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Weren't you saying a few hundred pages back how government is people.

People cannot be trusted... Corporations are people... Govt is people....... Government can't be trusted... Corporations cannot be trusted.

But of course government is sacrosanct whereas ordinary people and corporations are shifty.:rolleyes:

Once again you are with the thugs.. The thugs get away with murder because of a witness that won't come forward.. The thugs and the witness are both culpable in justice not being served...BUT you are with the thugs.

A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:
Once again you are with the thugs.. The thugs get away with murder because of a witness that won't come forward.. The thugs and the witness are both culpable in justice not being served...BUT you are with the thugs.

Is this your particular brand of idiocy or just liberal pretzel logic?

A

Anonymous

Alpe d'Huez said:
Except when it comes to economies, it's the opposite. It's the liberals who think people can't be trusted to be fair with their money, thus the need for government.

And that's the crux of a lot of the argument, isn't it? The conservatives think there should be as little of government as possible, some think no government, because people can be trusted enough to hash nearly everything out on their own in a fair and equitable enough manner and to stop that stops progress and growth. The liberals think that won't ever happen; enough people will be inherently greedy and ruthless that they'll prey on others and create a dystopic society of the predators and the oppressed, with nothing between, and the only solution is government overseeing it.

I don't know many sane conservatives who argue for no govt. But it really is the question... How big and intrusive should the government be?

I'd say (for starters) a government that borrows $.40 for every dollar it spends is too big. I readily admit that not everyone will agree with this.

Alpe d'Huez said:
Except when it comes to economies, it's the opposite. It's the liberals who think people can't be trusted to be fair with their money, thus the need for government.

And that's the crux of a lot of the argument, isn't it? The conservatives think there should be as little of government as possible, some think no government, because people can be trusted enough to hash nearly everything out on their own in a fair and equitable enough manner and to stop that stops progress and growth. The liberals think that won't ever happen; enough people will be inherently greedy and ruthless that they'll prey on others and create a dystopic society of the predators and the oppressed, with nothing between, and the only solution is government overseeing it.

What is growth? What is progress?

In a world that's literally choking on its gazillions and its debt?

And where do we arrive at the end of a game that has no finish?

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Is this your particular brand of idiocy or just liberal pretzel logic?

scott endorsed ... the guy on the left is in switzerland right now if you want to go bow infront of him.

080328_mccaingramm_lerer.jpg

A

Anonymous

rhubroma said:
What is growth? What is progress?

In a world that's literally choking on its gazillions and its debt?

And where do we arrive at the end of a game that has no finish?

Duh, the man who dies with the most toys wins.

A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:
scott endorsed ... the guy on the left is in switzerland right now if you want to go bow infront of him.

C'mon gramps... so the former POW is now a THUG? Interesting.

Is this who you bow before?

201104-The-End-of-Community-Organizing-Saul-Alinsky.jpg

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
C'mon gramps... so the former POW is now a THUG? Interesting.

get real scott.. Gramm would have really given you something to cry about..but you WOULDN'T HAVE..

btw if not for Hannity and your kind quoting Hannity I would have never heard of Alinsky.. I guess I should turn in my SDS membership card eh?

A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:
get real scott.. Gramm would have really given you something to cry about..but you WOULDN'T HAVE..

btw if not for Hannity and your kind quoting Hannity I would have never heard of Alinsky.. I guess I should turn in my SDS membership card eh?

Hey man, censorship is your friend. Censor Fox, Hannity, your boy Rush...

Can't have alternative points of view in a world where 'rules for radicals' is your bible.

I'm just a heathen... maybe someday I'll see the light and be more like you. Problem is there are too many angry blue-hair's in Cali already.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Hey man, censorship is your friend. Censor Fox, Hannity, your boy Rush...

Can't have alternative points of view in a world where 'rules for radicals' is your bible.

I'm just a heathen... maybe someday I'll see the light and be more like you. Problem is there are too many angry blue-hair's in Cali already.

wanna do some hill repeats punk? I have pokka dot socks

Alpe d'Huez said:

Yes, unfortunately over the full course of human history the liberals have been shown to be correct.

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
Oh, how I wish I really thought you were kidding.:rolleyes:

But HJ, mine is a simple life of wine (beer), women (just one... married happily), and song. Well, not so much song... really it's beer, woman and cycling... but there's no ring to that.:)

So to clarify, since you guys on the left seem humorless at times, yes it was for a chuckle.

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
Yes, unfortunately over the full course of human history the liberals have been shown to be correct.

Oh, how I wish I really thought you were kidding.:rolleyes:

A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:
wanna do some hill repeats punk? I have pokka dot socks

What are your terms... a beer after every repeat, or a bong hit? I need to know what I'm in for.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
What are your terms... a beer after every repeat, or a bong hit? I need to know what I'm in for.

Well ,,I hate beer and have no tolerance for the bong.. It is 101 here right now.. Won't be much cooler in 40 min when I ride...I bet you ride indoors? (and watch foxnews)

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Conservative Republican americans would like this for the US... fill in the blank at will for what they would not allow..

""JERUSALEM — The Israeli Parliament has passed contentious legislation that effectively bans any public call for a boycott against the state of Israel or its West Bank settlements, making such action a punishable offense.

Critics and civil rights groups denounced the new law as antidemocratic and a flagrant assault on the freedom of expression and protest. The law’s defenders said it was a necessary tool in Israel’s fight against what they called its global delegitimization.

Passage of the law followed a string of efforts in the rightist-dominated Parliament to promote legislation that is seen by the more liberal Israelis as an erosion of democratic values.

Some critics argued passage of the legislation against boycotts would further delegitimize Israel, which is facing increasing pressure over West Bank settlements that Palestinians regard as part of the territory for a future state. Continued construction in the settlements has been a major impediment in attempts to resume stalled peace talks.

The bill passed by 47 votes to 38. ""

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
rhubroma said:
Dude, give up on it. The guy was reliable. He lives in a freakin housing development in the north of Houston, where instead of paying state taxes he pays a sort of "membership fee" (to use his words), which is then used to outsource such services as policing and public education from the state.

Either way the state gets paid, however it isn't technically through taxsation, which is ideologically a rather telling thing in the home of American oil.

Now I'd switch bottles yourself there fellow, because it's making you go genius. :D

rhubroma your breaking the rule of Tropic Thunder "Never go full genius"! Name the "housing development" in the north of Houston please? I have never ever heard of such nonsense.

"I drink your milkshake"

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
This is a headline at the Washington Times" Or some type of story I saw linked on something else.
"It has taken three decades, but Americans are finally living through Jimmy Carter's second term..." That is just plain stupid.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
This is a headline at the Washington Times" Or some type of story I saw linked on something else.
"It has taken three decades, but Americans are finally living through Jimmy Carter's second term..." That is just plain stupid.

You're such a buzzkill.. Scott was going to use that as an original thought..

Glenn_Wilson said:
rhubroma your breaking the rule of Tropic Thunder "Never go full genius"! Name the "housing development" in the north of Houston please? I have never ever heard of such nonsense.

"I drink your milkshake"

I have no idea and couldn't care less.

Nonsense? I've had my fill, but the next time you step out of Texas, you may find that the "nonsense" was a scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.