• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Bq_LEkOCIAMRHnJ.jpg

Bq_LNIHIUAAITTc.jpg

Bq_JT0MIYAAeJAw.jpg

Bq_K0ocCQAACQTp.jpg

It's been a really weird year here in London weather wise, i think maybe the hottest year in history (summer wasn't that hot but every other season has been much hotter than usual) but I think today took the cake. 14 degrees in the middle of the night here in the suburbs in mid December.

I was literally laughing to myself walking through London (where due to urban heat effect it was probably even hotter) at midnight. Took off my jumper even. It felt like mid July. If I had Alzheimer's and didn't know what month it was and had to guess purely off the temperature being what it was at 23.00 I would have said late May.

I'm someone who really appreciates warmer weather and generally pays attention to temperature, but walking through London last few days, so calm, warm, no wind, no cold at all, has been some experience considering usually by mid October we've had our last 10 degree day and it's cold and miserable for the next 3 months. We had 22 degrees at the beginning of November Here we are 2 months later 1 week before the days start to get longer again (hooray) having higher temperatures on the shortest days of the year than we often have in June, especially at night.

Absolutely insane.

The Hitch said:
It's been a really weird year here in London weather wise, i think maybe the hottest year in history (summer wasn't that hot but every other season has been much hotter than usual) but I think today took the cake. 14 degrees in the middle of the night here in the suburbs in mid December.

I was literally laughing to myself walking through London (where due to urban heat effect it was probably even hotter) at midnight. Took off my jumper even. It felt like mid July. If I had Alzheimer's and didn't know what month it was and had to guess purely off the temperature being what it was at 23.00 I would have said late May.

I'm someone who really appreciates warmer weather and generally pays attention to temperature, but walking through London last few days, so calm, warm, no wind, no cold at all, has been some experience considering usually by mid October we've had our last 10 degree day and it's cold and miserable for the next 3 months. We had 22 degrees at the beginning of November Here we are 2 months later 1 week before the days start to get longer again (hooray) having higher temperatures on the shortest days of the year than we often have in June, especially at night.

Absolutely insane.

Well its pretty cold in my part of UK. I was slipping on ice this morning.

I'll be the warmest year ever recorded in The Netherlands, in Belgium, in Switzerland and probably some other European countries. And lots of crazy weather as well this year: extremely wet periods in the Alps and the south of France, hail as big as tennis balls in Belgium, very warm periods in autumn, etc.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
you want snow? :eek: are you crazy? :D

Ain't nothing wrong with snow. Snow is better than 5 degrees and rain all day and no sunlight, which is what a winter in the northwest of Europe looks like when we get western wind all the time.

But better than snow is if we get an eastern wind and we get cold dry air from eastern Europe. Freezing and no snow means excellent natural ice for skating. ;)

RedheadDane said:
Darkly overcast, as if it was evening when it is in fact midday, and ****ing down!
I want snow dammit!!! :mad:
Apparently it snowed for about a minute here in Copenhagen earlier, it was so shocking that they actually mentioned it on the radio. Unfortunately, I blinked and missed it :D

But keep your hopes up, RedheadDane!

Rain, rain, rain here in western Oregon. But at least it's warm enough to ride. (55 degrees F.)

My issue with this weather, none the less, is my fenders - I don't know whether it's them making all this noise, or whether it's something more crucial that needs to be attended to.

I hate fenders, they are such a source of confusion. (No wonder I usually end up removing them.)

Jspear said:
Sure :D Anything that makes me half to put on long pants and a jacket is too cold. Once I can get a cyclocross bike maybe I won't care so much about bad weather....bad winter weather and road bikes don't go together very well. :)

"There is no bad weather, only bad clothing." :D - spoken like a true Scandinavian.

As for riding; well, I'm so Lucky that I don't actually ride for a training purpose, only for a getting from A to B purpose, and in recent years I've turned into too much of a chicken to ride when there's snow.

TRENDING THREADS