• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your occupation

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Big_Blue_Dave said:
Until 30th October I am an sales ledger accountant in insurance (read credit controller), and then I become a man of leisure (read unemployed). From there I think I am going to give it a go and get some real winter mileage in and start racing again in 2010. Only question then is to stay in the UK or move to Belgium/France?

Belgium.... you can be our accommodation for the classics..

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
Does anyone call fall, autumn in the usa?

Only if you want to get beat up, or are a poet...who wants to get beat up.

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
Only if you want to get beat up, or are a poet...who wants to get beat up.

Folks 'round these parts use the adjective form "autumnal" from time to time, otherwise its "late summer" or "early winter".

But seriously, I think it goes back to the "Howdy Doody Show" which featured (the Native American) Princess Summer Fall Winter Spring. Just a thought

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the perishable cargo business. Mainly arranging exports [cargo space on planes] from NZ to Global markets. Seafood to USA, Ozzie and Asia. Produce to USA, Ozzie, Asia and Europe.
Have dabbled with some personal importing b4 from USA. Mainly golf gear off ebay and then on selling on the New Zealand equvilent [Trademe]. Can work providing the exchange rates are favourable to importing into NZ [strong kiwi dollar against the greenback]. Which is the case currently!!

So.........any Americans out there with some supplies? Bikes, apparel, parts? Doesn't have to be related to cycling. Muscle cars, lawn mowers etc, etc. Any ideas?

Retiring from more than 30 years of Product Development and Marketing in the cycling, footwear, and sporting goods industries, to pursue my newest passion of competitive Masters Rowing... and ride my bikes a whole lot more.

A

Anonymous

HL2037 said:
So you really are dyslexic then?

Oh yea, but again, it was a play on the words. Not only is there the S and M being the first letters, but I am also quite challenged in mathematics and statistics, so it would be a sick S&M exercise if I were to be in your position. It just happens that you listed mathematics first and I had to rearrange the positions to make my joke flop like a dead fish.

Thoughtforfood said:
Oh yea, but again, it was a play on the words. Not only is there the S and M being the first letters, but I am also quite challenged in mathematics and statistics, so it would be a sick S&M exercise if I were to be in your position. It just happens that you listed mathematics first and I had to rearrange the positions to make my joke flop like a dead fish.

Is that TFF explaining another one of his "jokes"?

A

Anonymous

ChrisE said:
Facepipe,

Why can't you and TFF keep your love talk confined to the bedroom?

Because when we are tag teaming your mother, she wants us to express ourselves. Dang, you know that.