• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your occupation

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Because when we are tag teaming your mother, she wants us to express ourselves. Dang, you know that.

Then how did facepipe come up with his username? Did you force yourself on facepipe, ie non-consentual anal entry while he was on top of my mother?

Let's get back on topic. I work as a dancer at the Men's Club in Houston. Let me guess.....you are a volunteer for VD vaccination trials?

A

Anonymous

ChrisE said:
Then how did facepipe come up with his username? Did you force yourself on facepipe, ie non-consentual anal entry while he was on top of my mother?

Let's get back on topic. I work as a dancer at the Men's Club in Houston. Let me guess.....you are a volunteer for VD vaccination trials?

No, I work at the VD clinic, I guess I might actually know you.

As for your mom, no she was compliant in the entry phase. Okay, we are going to get banned for a couple of days for this. What are you going to do with your time?

ChrisE said:

Tailgunner,

Actually a funny story how I came up with that name, I wanted something that would make everyone think "that guy is an a$$hole" and ChrisE was already taken.

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
Tailgunner,

Actually a funny story how I came up with that name, I wanted something that would make everyone think "that guy is an a$$hole" and ChrisE was already taken.

So nice, it needed to be posted twice!

A

Anonymous

HL2037 said:
Graduate student in mathematics and statistics.

What a fine upstanding pursuit! Pip, pip, cheerio old chap.

Seems the mods think I was making fun of you with my S&M post. They didn't get the joke either...

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
I study physics at Sheffield University, in my 3rd year. Debating whether to do a masters or not.

And I work in a hotel during the holidays. Which sucks.

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I do not think of myself as having a “Job” but things I do to make money, Promote a yearly stage race, occasionally work as an Consulting Engineer or Owners Rep in construction, but mostly I just screw off and ride my bike or ski when there's 10” of fresh on the ground……..but right now I’m late for a cross race….

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Ibanez said:
I study physics at Sheffield University, in my 3rd year. Debating whether to do a masters or not.

And I work in a hotel during the holidays. Which sucks.

DO IT! Life is so much easier with the Extra sheep skin…..go for it! Better yet, Phd…… then you can spend more time riding then working. It's ***** now but it'll pay off.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
mitchman said:
DO IT! Life is so much easier with the Extra sheep skin…..go for it! Better yet, Phd…… then you can spend more time riding then working. It's ***** now but it'll pay off.

I disagree. If you're not passionate, graduate studies will not be any fun and it's not like there's any money in it (during or after).

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
School not fun...but it's a very short time in your life. Is it a guarantee to rich’s, NO…….but it will open doors to a good life a lot faster. I’m a smart no way…..but people hire me because they need what I’ve got hanging in picture frames behind my desk.

And school is easy compared to working a “real” job.

A

Anonymous

if all goes well over the next few days... redundant...

10 years of my life given to a bunch of ****es, and probably a further five years taken off it...

A

Anonymous

knewcleardaze said:
They are considering letting you go?

companies in the process of going tits up.. declared bancrupcy this evening..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8332813.stm

to be honest, its a blessing in disguise... working too hard, taking my job too seriously, battling and fighting when i knew they where screwing the business up was what put me off work sick to start with (ive been off 8 months), in that 8 months the support has been, well, my regional manager has been ok, but head office have been crap.. they even managed to tell me one month AFTER my sick pay ran out that it was run out.. im 90% back in the land of the living, starting to work on the lifestyle changes, slowing down, more patience, more rest etc, and starting to think about returning to work, and to be honest, the wife doesnt want me back there, my doctor doesnt want me back there, the only one who wanted to go back was me, to get, some sort of full circle, closure type of thing..

probably, the company going to the wall, redundancy and a fresh start in the new year could be the best thing for my health and happiness... so in a way, yeh, im kinda glad..

stressed to **** today, first hint of anxiety for three weeks, probably be stressed to **** tommoro with all the conferance calls we have, but in the long run.. probably the best thing to happen...

will no doubt have to apply to the government for bankruptcy money, but hey, ten years under my belt, that will pay for roubaix in the spring and paris next summer, and even better, christmas with the family.. ive worked every christmas eve, every new years eve and most boxing days for ten years..

stuff happens for a reason...

May 6, 2009
Visit site
You would during a recession a grog shop would be doing a lot of business since people would want something to drown their sorrows in. Unless they completely suck, which they appear to do.