• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

13th BinckBank Tour (2.UWT) 7.8 - 13.8

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
RedheadDane said:
tobydawq said:
This is unbelievable! How unlucky can he possibly be? And no Echoes - it has nothing to do with not being clear-minded so just drop it! He was clearly the strongest.

Surely Echoes was joking. I don't think anyone would think that being clear-minded can keep you from puncturing.

I can assure you, that nothing that person is saying is meant as a joke... Especially regarding Sagan. He really hates him.

Just find it a bit heard to take that comment seriously. And not in the (not posted) assumption that "it was Sagan's own fault he punctured, since he wasn't clear-minded enough", but because of the "You - any rider - can avoid puncture by being clear-minded" assumption.

Re:

jsem94 said:
I don't often root for Sagan but now I do given his situation. I hope he terrorizes the race tomorrow.
Hmm, I understand his frustration, but compare to Dumoulin after his, er, road-side accident in the Giro and how composed he was afterwards. Ultimately, it's just 2 riders up front since he flatted, so he could've chosen to just ride, ride, ride instead of acting all frustrated.

RedheadDane said:
tobydawq said:
RedheadDane said:
tobydawq said:
This is unbelievable! How unlucky can he possibly be? And no Echoes - it has nothing to do with not being clear-minded so just drop it! He was clearly the strongest.

Surely Echoes was joking. I don't think anyone would think that being clear-minded can keep you from puncturing.

I can assure you, that nothing that person is saying is meant as a joke... Especially regarding Sagan. He really hates him.

Just find it a bit heard to take that comment seriously. And not in the (not posted) assumption that "it was Sagan's own fault he punctured, since he wasn't clear-minded enough", but because of the "You - any rider - can avoid puncture by being clear-minded" assumption.

Well, it's quite typical for that character to conjure up some ad hoc-criteria, and lay them out as indisputable truths in order to belittle Sagan.

So of course it shouldn't be taken seriously, but I think it was meant that way.

Jagartrott said:
jsem94 said:
I don't often root for Sagan but now I do given his situation. I hope he terrorizes the race tomorrow.
Hmm, I understand his frustration, but compare to Dumoulin after his, er, road-side accident in the Giro and how composed he was afterwards. Ultimately, it's just 2 riders up front since he flatted, so he could've chosen to just ride, ride, ride instead of acting all frustrated.
Sagan doesn´t have a time-trial coming up where he can gain 3 minutes on everyone else. This mechanical lost him this race and he´s obviously not happy about that.

Jagartrott said:
jsem94 said:
Difference being that Sagan lost the race when no neutral service was there. No matter how he would have chased, the GC was lost. Not comparable.

He was also frustrated when he was run over by a motorbike in the Vuelta (when he was in prime position to win the stage). It's when you are the victim of the organizers' incompetence that it's only natural that you get frustrated.

Jagartrott said:
What would have changed if he decided to ride, ride, ride?
He lost a race (not today's stage, the whole race) for a flat. It's pretty simple.

tobydawq said:
RedheadDane said:
tobydawq said:
RedheadDane said:
tobydawq said:

Well, it's quite typical for that character to conjure up some ad hoc-criteria, and lay them out as indisputable truths in order to belittle Sagan.

So of course it shouldn't be taken seriously, but I think it was meant that way.

But the original post didn't even mention Sagan. It just claimed that any person can avoid punctures by being clear-minded.

Echoes said:
Carrefour de l'Arbre never lies. Van Avermaet was stronger that day, fair and square. Punctures are no bad luck, it's a matter of clear-mindedness.