• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2009 Tour of Poland

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Three rosters confirmed:

Caisse d'Epargne for Tour of Poland

Andrey Amador, Anthony Charteau, Vasil Kiriyenka, Pablo Lastras, David López, Alberto Losada, Ángel Madrazo, Dani Moreno.

Lampre-NGC for Tour of Poland

Marzio Bruseghin, Vitaliy Buts, Angelo Furlan, Francesco Gavazzi, David Loosli, Manuele Mori, Marcin Sapa and the World Champion Alessandro Ballan.

AG2R La Mondiale for Tour of Poland

Aurélien Clerc, Blel Kadri, Yuriy Krivtsov, Tanel Kangert, Alexandr Pliuschin, Nicolas Rousseau, Gatis Smukulis, Tadej Valjavec

Katusha for Tour of Poland

Laszlo Bodrogi, Pavel Brutt, Nikita Eskov, Denis Galimzyanov, Serguei Klimov, Guennadi Mikhsylov, Alexander Serov and Danilo Napolitano.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Do any of the big riders even care about this race? I think not... If you think i'm wrong please say so...

Basso is riding this as training for the Vuelta. Former World Champ Igor Astarloa once said that 'nobody cares about Poland'. If I had my way, it wouldn't be a ProTour race.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
uphillstruggle said:
anyone got the stage details yet?

TdP2009_mapa.gif

Stage 1:

e1_profil.gif

Stage two:

e2_height.gif

Stage 3:

e3_height.gif

auscyclefan94 said:
Do any of the big riders even care about this race? I think not... If you think i'm wrong please say so...

auscyclefan94, as a fellow Aussie, I hope I can say this without you taking offence, but I think they care about it more than the Tour Down Under. I've been to the TDU quite a few times, and as it happens I'll be in Poland when the Tour of Poland is on next week, so I can give you my roadside take on it next week.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Official site

You have the choice of Polish, English or French as your languages to view the site in. I have been to Poland, and for some reason, aside from Polish, they like to put everything else in French (like being at the post office). Considering most European countries put local language first and English second :confused:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Marmot said:
auscyclefan94, as a fellow Aussie, I hope I can say this without you taking offence, but I think they care about it more than the Tour Down Under. I've been to the TDU quite a few times, and as it happens I'll be in Poland when the Tour of Poland is on next week, so I can give you my roadside take on it next week.

Probably true... but tdu would be taken alot more seriously if it was scheduled later in the year.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

Why be negative?
Poland is a good interesting race, even if you don't like it.

auscyclefan94 said:
Probably true... but tdu would be taken alot more seriously if it was scheduled later in the year.

yeah ok... big riders are going to fly all the way to australia for an average race in the middle of the season? I think not. TDU is in the best postion possible i'd say, as a season warm up - get race fit - race.

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
yeah i like goss, but unless brownie takes out greipel i have my doubts :D

Sooo, a THC sprinting show again ...??? I'd like to see some other teams break it up a bit :)

What about Napolitano or Forster??? Any chance?

TRENDING THREADS