• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tour de France - stage 3: Orchies - Boulogne-sur-Mer (197km)

Page 36 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
joe_papp said:
Truly repulsive.

The arrogance and disrespect for his competitors that Sagan has displayed during these two TdF stage wins is regrettable. There's winning in style, and then there's winning in the arrogant style of Riccò, who was the last rider to display this much open contempt for his rivals.

what the fck dude?:rolleyes:

he just won porsche and earned 2nd tdf victory,i repeat for great succes - he won porsche in a bet

i would pull my pants down if i could

the moment there is a colourfull guy in the peloton who makes it little bit entertaining some old fart has to come and jump on his balls to spoil the fun,stop being a party pooper,TdF is the biggest festival in cycling season,lets not act like everyone has to be boring guy always acknowledging his oponents every second of his life

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Unkown said:
Sagan is a great rider but he needs to grow up, way to cocky.

ahhhhhhhhhh...."triple poopy diapers to those on the 'too cocky' bragade," i say! :)

i am sure sagan *will* "grow up" in time. meanwhile...he is being the kid he is, enjoying the time of his life in his first tour.

seems to me the being cocky thing is all in one's perspecitve: i do not view young young peter's celebration today as cocky. i see it as a kid in his first tour having FUN as he crossed the finish line ahead of everyone else.

some have different opinions, and that is ok by me.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
cineteq said:
People don't get it. Wiggins needs to pay his dues, and that's the main reason he's not a favorite in my book. At some point, the race is going to catch up with him and there will not be 3km rule to protect him. Hopefully the guys (Evans, Nibali, Valverde, Sanchez, etc) who know what it takes to win the Tour will finish first.

ps: I was mad for a second :)

Firstly apologies for joining the conversation late.

Query: does the 3km rule NOT apply only on the high mountains finish? or can the commissaires (sp?) apply same finish times on high mountains in the event of a crash.

I had thought that the 3km rule would not apply as it was a medium mountains stage with an uphill finish????

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
UlleGigo said:
Wiggins will be spat out the back so fast those silly little peach fuzz sideburns of his will be blown clean off.

The `silly little peach fuzz sideburns..' would be the Australian half of him coming out!

JA.Tri said:
Firstly apologies for joining the conversation late.

Query: does the 3km rule NOT apply only on the high mountains finish? or can the commissaires (sp?) apply same finish times on high mountains in the event of a crash.

I had thought that the 3km rule would not apply as it was a medium mountains stage with an uphill finish????

I think they can choose themselves, although I'm not really sure. I do think they won't apply the rule only when the uphill finish is longer than 1km or something.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
He said his handlebars were skewed after the crash, but he couldn't switch bikes. So he had trouble keeping his place in the peloton ;)

Ha. That probably explained why he managed to avoid that pile up in the last 500. His 'adjusted' handlebars compensated for his own bike handling skills. No wonder he steered clear of the crash at a 90 degree angle.

I vote to keep that configuration for all his races...

:D

roundabout said:
I expect Unzue to have more common sense than that. ;)

I surely hope so. It's a pity a guy like Rui Costa didn't go with Chavanel today. Together they would've had a good chance, provided Chavenel chooses a better moment to attack today (he put in a big attack, then after 200m had to jam on the brakes for a tight corner).

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
pic292206149_600.jpg

My name is Gump, Forrest Gump.

The Slovak, who had earlier had to ride back to the peloton alone after puncturing, won more at a jog than a canter as he pumped his arms in an exaggerated slow motion running movement as he crossed the line – inspired, he explained afterwards, by Forrest Gump, although on today's display there's little prospect of Sagan suddenly stopping mid-stage as the character played by Tom Hanks did in that film while running across the United States

http://road.cc/content/news/60936-tour-de-france-stage-3-peter-sagan-strikes-again-win-boulogne

cineteq said:
People don't get it. Wiggins needs to pay his dues, and that's the main reason he's not a favorite in my book. At some point, the race is going to catch up with him and there will not be 3km rule to protect him. Hopefully the guys (Evans, Nibali, Valverde, Sanchez, etc) who know what it takes to win the Tour will finish first.

ps: I was mad for a second :)

If that happens, I don't see that folks can take issue.
A big part of what makes a Tour champion is the ability to concentrate for 3 weeks, without lapses or laziness.

Bala Verde said:
Moderation is only for the moderators ;)
A moderate moderator who is also modest.;)
(but it looks, judging from the race so far, that you have tough times ahead......)

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hawkwood said:
The `silly little peach fuzz sideburns..' would be the Australian half of him coming out!

And I thought the British were renowned for their wit.

At least its not long now until we get to witness that other great British Tour de France tradition.

Mellow Velo said:
If that happens, I don't see that folks can take issue.
A big part of what makes a Tour champion is the ability to concentrate for 3 weeks, with lapses or laziness.
I think Wiggins' antics on this stage were just lame. He didn't even try.

I'm all for the 3 k rule, but not if you are not affected by the crash at all and use it as an opportunity to save energy.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
UlleGigo said:
And I thought the British were renowned for their wit.

At least its not long now until we get to witness that other great British Tour de France tradition.

What not winning? Doesn't bother me, used to it.