• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 World Championships, Men Individual Time Trial: 45.7Km

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Hitch said:
The guy is still by far and away the best tter of his generation. a poor tt in which he still got bronze despite crashing last year, tells you he is not going to be in with a fighting chance?

What about you missing out Wiggo who was comfortably the best TTer in the world this year?

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
rxgqgxnyfz said:
Great results from Kiriyenka and Gruzdev.

Kessiakoff is slightly disappointing, he only woke up on the last part where he killed it and went back in top 10.

Kessiakoff was 5 seconds from bronze. It was a great performance, anyone saying otherwise don't know much about Kessiakoff and timetrialing. This was not an ITT in a stage race. Kessiakoff have never performed like this in a non stage race ITT. He was 3rd in the national championship this year for christ sake.

Richeypen said:
Lol, Wouldnt put a profile like this past them :D

T16_Nevegal_alt1.jpg

theyll see how it goes in next years TOur. If not so well, theres always this

T16_alt-vi.jpg

Bavarianrider said:
Tony had 2 major crashes including major injuries this season!
Given those circmustaces his performance is amazing!
Nice try to play it down. You should learn how to lose in dignity!

wait, wasn't this almost the best itt performance of the century just a couple pages ago? :eek:
btw what i did is exactly the opposite of what you were doing before you realized tony only just barely won, annoying isn't it?
also i didn't lose anything if Costa performs badly next sunday then feel free to say i lost as i would take a good performance by costa over a double itt+road race win by contador any day, any time

Afrank said:
Just because Martin caught and passed Contador doesn't mean Contador gave it too him. If catching Contador was the reason Martin won then it would be the person who decides who goes when that gave it to him.

i think he is joking and being silly, if he is being serious than that just being stupid :eek:

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I think hes reffering to a couple of seconds of slipstream which Contador and then his motorbike would have given Martin

Don't know if he got much slipstream there to ensure he would win, but that makes more sense. I thought he meant just the act of catching Contador gave him the strength to win.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Wiggins with the form from Tour would have won this over a 1minute of advnatage in my mind.

Cheapu to Tony though, he deserved it after the season he had. Great to see Vasil on 3rd :D

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Congrats to Tony Martin and Taylor Phinney.
Best wishes to Bavarianrider, he seems very happy after Tony failed to deliver in two ITT at TdF and lost the olympic gold to Wiggins. And today without Wiggins, Froome or Cancellara he finnaly wins:p

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
The guy is still by far and away the best tter of his generation. a poor tt in which he still got bronze despite crashing last year, tells you he is not going to be in with a fighting chance?

First, how you can not mentions Wiggo is strange since Wiggo's timetrialing this year has been superb.

Regarding Cancellara, yeah he might be competitive next year. Sure, he has potential, question is if he has the motivation to be the best timetrialer in the world, or if he will focus mainly on the classics. I have my doubt about his drive to be ITT king again.

Richeypen said:
What about you missing out Wiggo who was comfortably the best TTer in the world this year?

When the top 2 tters were injured for most of it. Its like saying that Rodriguez will win the Tour next year because he was the best climber this year.

I dont think he can stick with Martin or Cancellara. He has in the past, like 2011 and 2009, and Tour tts 2009 and 10 gone up against them and they were always comfortably better than him.

Falken said:
Kessiakoff was 5 seconds from bronze. It was a great performance, anyone saying otherwise don't know much about Kessiakoff and timetrialing. This was not an ITT in a stage race. Kessiakoff have never performed like this in a non stage race ITT. He was 3rd in the national championship this year for christ sake.

indeed, I didn't expekt much from him but this was a very good performance

Falken said:
First, how you can not mentions Wiggo is strange since Wiggo's timetrialing this year has been superb.

Regarding Cancellara, yeah he might be competitive next year. Sure, he has potential, question is if he has the motivation to be the best timetrialer in the world, or if he will focus mainly on the classics. I have my doubt about his drive to be ITT king again.

ya wiggins has been the best time trialist of a season where the 2 previous world champions have been injured. . . . that totally makes him the best time trialist of this generation :rolleyes:

for all i know canc and martin can be back to their best next year and wiggins back to throwing bikes around when doing a bad performance

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Impressive by Phinney, I hope he can improve a little bit more for next year. He can be the real successor of Cancellara. And with that I mean he can win the WC ITT and perhaps Roubaix one day. Paris-Roubaix needs a rider like him.

Bavarianrider said:
Tony had 2 major crashes including major injuries this season!
Given those circmustaces his performance is amazing!
Nice try to play it down. You should learn how to lose in dignity!

I missed it all so I decided to read up this thread.
After all the previous posts BR made in this thread he comes up with this. lol...

It's 100% pure troll material, but he isn't and that's the worst part :D

Bavarianrider said:
The best thing is the fact that half of this board looks like this right now:D

dawson-crying.jpg

i would say most people unhappy with the result feel that way simply because of your reactions.

a shame tony won't be doing any more climbing till next seaon so you would vanish for a few months once again. maybe then we could appreciate him a bit

Kwibus said:
I missed it all so I decided to read up this thread.
After all the previous posts BR made in this thread he comes up with this. lol...

It's 100% pure troll material, but he isn't and that's the worst part :D

He didnt comment on tarmac too, he's too happy about Tony :D

Phinney will be really crazy If he continues to improve, he's scary already

Gloin22 said:
Wiggins with the form from Tour would have won this over a 1minute of advnatage in my mind.

Cheapu to Tony though, he deserved it after the season he had. Great to see Vasil on 3rd :D

Yes and Tony Martin with his form of last year would've been 1 minute faster as well and Cancellara after a good season without crashes and injuries would've been a minute faster as well.
bla bla bla

TRENDING THREADS