• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Critérium du Dauphiné Stage 4: Villars-les-Dombes Parc des Oiseaux 32.5 km ITT

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win this?

• Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
movingtarget said:
If you can't breathe properly obviously it has to have a big effect. So he has a bad day. He's human. Wiggins has a bad day people laugh. Contador has a bad day people get angry. Worst time of the year for allergies. Still 5 weeks till week three of the Tour. Maybe Contador has been doing all mountain training. Most of the GC riders did poorly.

I am laughing.

Cimber said:
Tbh, apart from Kreuzigers win in AGR, Saxo's season has been bad. Riis had been rather absent from the team due to all the doping talk since Tyler's book. I think that is a part of what we are seeing. But really not team should rely that much on one individual.

I wonder if Saxo and Tinkoff will prolong their sponsorships. Both run out at the end of the year.

I think they won't and I hope Alberto will join movistar.

Interesting to see how Kwiatkowski performs tomorrow.

Judging by the performance levels in this TT, and his spring rides, I wouldn't be shocked if he becomes a good bet for a top 5 TDF ride on the back of this race.

obviously, I hope he's solid but unspectacular and is given part time use of Velits in the Tour, with the other 7.5 men working on sprints.

movingtarget said:
If you can't breathe properly obviously it has to have a big effect. So he has a bad day. He's human. Wiggins has a bad day people laugh. Contador has a bad day people get angry. Worst time of the year for allergies. Still 5 weeks till week three of the Tour. Maybe Contador has been doing all mountain training. Most of the GC riders did poorly.

No one is angry.

Zam_Olyas said:
I am laughing.

Of course you are

anna sanchis ‏@annitasanchis 1m
Siempre con @albertocontador El objetivo es el Tour, no #dauphine.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
BL_uRL2CcAAHFAs.jpg:large

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Interesting to see how Kwiatkowski performs tomorrow.

Judging by the performance levels in this TT, and his spring rides, I wouldn't be shocked if he becomes a good bet for a top 5 TDF ride on the back of this race.

obviously, I hope he's solid but unspectacular and is given part time use of Velits in the Tour, with the other 7.5 men working on sprints.

Very talented rider and has done well this year but GT might be too much for him yet.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
contador excerpt:
"I'm at the Dauphiné to figure out my state of form and see if the engine needs some adjustments for the Tour"

looking at his tt..he need more than just some adjustment... he needs to ovehaul his engine entirely :D:D

btw froome and porte weren't that stellar either, it's just contador, purito and valverde were rubbish, so their already under form suckness got amplified even more..:p

How 'old' is Contador in mileage terms, age isn't always just a number in sport - could it be that he is on a long term decline now (Bit like Federer in the tennis...)

I know hes only 29 and yes Evans is alot older but could his cumulative mileage be catching up with him now ?

Pulpstar said:
How 'old' is Contador in mileage terms, age isn't always just a number in sport - could it be that he is on a long term decline now (Bit like Federer in the tennis...)

I know hes only 29 and yes Evans is alot older but could his cumulative mileage be catching up with him now ?

We need echoes to answer this question:rolleyes:

anyway very few race days each year or that's what echoes is always whining about

Pulpstar said:

So how to explain the Vuelta on a limited preparation ?