• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France, stage 11: Avranches - Mont-Saint-Michelle 33km (ITT)

Page 46 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

The winner of the stage will be...

• Other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dazed and Confused said:
Agree, copy the Garmin chaos tactic. Why not, they have nothing to lose. Choose one of the stages with TV production from km zero and lets have another day of proper racing.

They might be able to drop some of his teammates - Kennaugh, Thomas, Knees, EBH, but I dont think they can drop Porte, Valverde, Quintana and Costa.

The Hitch said:
Dont know why your happy. Froome got all the benefits of winning the tt without having to answer questions on why a guy who lost 30kg to win mountain stages is winning the flat tts.

You still sure Froome is going to lose this Tour because "he has no experience"?:rolleyes:

he is only winning this tour because Nibali isn't here, so we have to wait for next year before we can see how good Froome truly is.

jens_attacks said:
“es una barbaridad”.

nicely put by purito. congrats to chris and tony.
now i think too that this tour will be 99% won by froomey. well at least now everybody is forced to attack so at least ventoux and the 3rd week will be full of attacks i hope.

No one will attack because no one can attack except for Froome. Froome will just be cruising along and then counter attack. Everyone is racing for second. What a joke. I reckon some teams will be doing sky's work just to get a stage win. What a joke.

Bertie will go on the attack, suicide attacks possibly, like in 2011, he certainly can't care less about a podium place unlike the Moviestar or Katusha losers. Evans might go for that too, nothing left to lose. TGBM will probably play it safe though, can't blame him at this point in his career.

We'll see.

In 2011 certainly 3rd place meant nothing to him, but he finally did get into very good form in the third week that year (which even the biggest fan would have to admit is optimistic to assume this year from what we've seen so far), and he had already won the Giro.

Right now I think a podium would be a success for Contador. And for his team.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
Indeed. There is a photo floating around twitter of Sagan drafting behind a team car :D

https://t.co/axA8zFhPMH

https://twitter.com/TourDeJose/status/354990012846178304

Oh look. Tourdejose using someone else's photo on twitter again without giving credit. That never gets old. :rolleyes:

I expect Valverde to ride to protect his 2nd place. The only real hope I have for attacks from here on out would be if Contador sticks to his old Ricky Bobby philosophy and tries to go for it from way out on one of the Alpine stages. And I'd expect Froome and Sky to chase that down, just to cement his authority over the race.

Unless something really unexpected happens, like a crash or whatever, I can't see anybody challenging Froome for yellow. And there's still another TT left too.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
he is only winning this tour because Nibali isn't here, so we have to wait for next year before we can see how good Froome truly is.

Froome laughed at Nibs's Giro watts, I guess he would be a contender for 2nd place eight min's back.

With Contador not yet able to earn world tour points, he could be a candidate for a lot of attacking. Purito seems so far back, that he has more to gain than loose from attacking. The question for me is how much Nairo is allowed to do.

Seems to me a lot might happen to shake things up. And if things get too chaotic and Froome has a bad day, things might change quite quickly.

Aditya said:
Where's the guy who was going to bet his tiny salary on Martin getting vaporized by Froome? Come out come out :p

Word is Froome softpedaled last k's when he heard Martin almost grind his teeths off on a hot seat. After this friendly gesture visibly satisfied Martin gave Froome dowgesque Look (like poodle you know). What a boner..NOT normal!

(my 2 cents = months salary)

:cool:

LaFlorecita said:
No one will attack because no one can attack except for Froome. Froome will just be cruising along and then counter attack. Everyone is racing for second. What a joke. I reckon some teams will be doing sky's work just to get a stage win. What a joke.

well if no one will up their game in the 3rd week it will be downright pathetic by the others,spanish and dutch mainly who seem to ride cyclotourist mode so far in this tour(purito and alberto mostly,the dutch are ok). if i'd be one of them i'd go full throttle, and do crazy things to drop the skyborgs. i would have nothing to lose, even if they would throw me out from results or something, the bad image won't fall only on me. fucc them, time to go ballistic in the alpes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nCijUZvvESc#t=1777s

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
webvan said:
Bertie will go on the attack, suicide attacks possibly, like in 2011, he certainly can't care less about a podium place unlike the Moviestar or Katusha losers. Evans might go for that too, nothing left to lose. TGBM will probably play it safe though, can't blame him at this point in his career.

Especially since he knows that kreuziger is already on the top 5. So if TST wants WT point, they got kreuziger for that. Then bertie can risk it all. Purito is certainly the loosers. He banked his season to this TDF, and looked where it got him. He was no where near the top 10. I don't even know what position he was in now. He bleed so bad in ITT, he should have gone to the Giro, and give Nibali the run for his money. Now podium seems like in a fantasy land.

Beech Mtn said:
Oh look. Tourdejose using someone else's photo on twitter again without giving credit. That never gets old. :rolleyes:

I expect Valverde to ride to protect his 2nd place. The only real hope I have for attacks from here on out would be if Contador sticks to his old Ricky Bobby philosophy and tries to go for it from way out on one of the Alpine stages. And I'd expect Froome and Sky to chase that down, just to cement his authority over the race.

Unless something really unexpected happens, like a crash or whatever, I can't see anybody challenging Froome for yellow. And there's still another TT left too.

She credited it to someone from Team Saxo (one of the team chefs).

spalco said:
He didn't lose 30 ****ing kilos. If he had he would've been weighing nearly a hundred kg in 2010.

BGjGAvUCcAAgEYI.jpg:thumb

No wonder he got a tow off a motorbike in the Giro that year.

Jelantik said:
Especially since he knows that kreuziger is already on the top 5. So if TST wants WT point, they got kreuziger for that. Then bertie can risk it all. Purito is certainly the loosers. He banked his season to this TDF, and looked where it got him. He was no where near the top 10. I don't even know what position he was in now. He bleed so bad in ITT, he should have gone to the Giro, and give Nibali the run for his money. Now podium seems like in a fantasy land.

He is just 2 minutes behind Contador. 1'54 with 19 seconds from the TTT.

Not that I really believe that he is going to improve.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Dont know why your happy. Froome got all the benefits of winning the tt without having to answer questions on why a guy who lost 30kg to win mountain stages is winning the flat tts.
Im not happy at all.:eek: Omg you dont know me and you try to analyse my words,wtf?In general,I like your comments,posts,preview etc. but last 2 weeks orso you're soooo discouraging,only whinning,reacts on absurdity and other bs...

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
She credited it to someone from Team Saxo (one of the team chefs).

She tweeted the photo in twice in two languages without giving credit. Then afterwards when someone asked which team car it was, she told who the photo was from. That's not exactly a good-faith journalistic effort to credit sources, in my opinion.

Anyway, back on topic- maybe we can hope for stage wins from Purito and even Andy to give it a go? So many guys way down on GC now, might as well go for it.

Latest posts