• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France, stage 16: Vaison-la-Romaine - Gap 168Km

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Descender said:
What exactly did Costa do for Valverde those days? Attack? Oh, he'll attack all right. He'll do anything to get something out of the day. For himself.

In stage 17 he was in the break and if i record correctly later joined by Valverde. Carried him for some time before Valverde attacked for the stage win. In LBL he did his best to stay and protect his leader, just watch. I know him and he'd never place is personal objectives over team ones. Believe me.

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Lets see if after this win today, the french production has the nerve to, like in the first TT, dare not showing Rui and his beautiful Portuguese TT champion jersey for a single second tomorrow.

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: does Froome have descending skills - I would assume his MTB background is more a factor than his riding on the same team as Briggins, no?

BigMac said:
In stage 17 he was in the break and if i record correctly later joined by Valverde. Carried him for some time before Valverde attacked for the stage win. In LBL he did his best to stay and protect his leader, just watch. I know him and he'd never place is personal objectives over team ones. Believe me.
In that stage it was very obvious Costa didn't work much. A rider of his class should have been able to do a lot more work.

I'm quite amazed anyone who follows the sport can think Costa isn't a very selfish rider. It's pretty obvious.

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Jux1893 said:
I believe his wife is Brazilian.

Still better than Spanish (sort of).

Oh, right, I'd actually heard that before but completely forgot it.

Maybe they could fish Chris Rinero from wherever he is these days, his wife is Portuguese :)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Jingoism?

No, it's just like when Mollema and Tem Dam manage to stay with the best in Le Tour and Dutch fans go crazy.

Why we would be different, certainly when one of your favorite riders win with such class, you become happier than before.