• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour of Oman (11th-16th February), 2.HC

Page 68 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BDO-tfkCEAATnDR.jpg:large

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Froome's upper body is huge

I know why you wanted to have that picture :D

Btw those commentators from UK eurosport suck. Contador was knocking his head to Froome (to agree with something) and the dude was talking like Contador and Froome just had a big fight :eek:

Parrot23 said:
Wouldn't surprise me if this were the Tour podium, in any order:

(Izno: I forgot about Wiggo, LOL!)

Great race this Tour of Oman. Sure beats the Tour of Calif., the world's worst=most boring, uninteresting stage race every year. All hype, no delivery.

Oman rocks! Interesting place. Great ambiance. Super riders. Bit of all sorts of terrain/ stages. Omani authorities gotta get EuroSport onboard for every stage.

Agree, but not sure about the great ambiance :)

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Styby did pretty well, shame he had to wait for Velits on the Green mountain, it'd be interesting to see what he could do.
Anyway his goal is to make it in to OPQS's classics team, where is only one spot free now and few cadidates for it...so it looks good for him now.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
he had to wait? :eek: so he could've done even better:eek:
Yes he had to wait for his leader. Otherwise he'd probably do better. At least he's loyal.
If he improved his TT maybe he could be leader for stage races apart Dunkerque, even WT like Poland, or Eneco, or who knows what he can do...

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Kokoso said:
Yes he had to wait for his leader. Otherwise he'd probably do better. At least he's loyal.
If he improved his TT maybe he could be leader for stage races apart Dunkerque, even WT like Poland, or Eneco, or who knows what he can do...

Pologne starts in Trentino this year. Not that suited to him this year :p

Can't see him leading Eneco with so many TT'ers at OPQS, he'd really would had to improve there in TT.

But he's taking good steps, getting into that classics squad would be great already for him.

Miburo said:
I don't know if it's already posted.

But here are the FULL highlights of stage 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CivgHldR0w

Damn these guys are throwing it out all over the road!!!

Terrible resolution on the video but at least can see it. Poor Nibbles, he and Alberto decide to go together and Nibs can't stay with Alberto's first pull....love Nibs but he just a bit below top shelf....

I Love this Sport!!!

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
Pologne starts in Trentino this year. Not that suited to him this year :p

Can't see him leading Eneco with so many TT'ers at OPQS, he'd really would had to improve there in TT.

But he's taking good steps, getting into that classics squad would be great already for him.
Yeah you're right, I forgot.
About TT...last year ho improved quite a lot, this I think we will see another improvement.

This was, based on the results and the summaries, a brilliant stage race. A stage race to show everyone races in new countries do not have to be crap and overhyped. An interesting parcours, a very good lineup and embracement by the locals (or so it seems). And now, I'm looking for tickets to Oman.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
hfer07 said:
Congrats to Froome- well deserved win- & also to Contador, for his endless courage & aggressive riding style- we the fans need more real racing & less trains BS.

Completely agree.
Froome really earned himself this win, and it's great that he didn't need the Sky train to do it. This is the kind of racing I want to see, with all the top contenders attacking at one point or another. :)

Kokoso said:

If thats true then they are really stupid at OPQS, if Styby was better at that stage why let him wait he is clearly going to be better in stage 5 + he already was much better then Stybar in stage 2. I actually cant imagine he had to wait.

He waited and then rode away from Velits again?

What is your source if I may ask?

TRENDING THREADS