• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Giro D'Italia, stage 1: Belfast › Belfast, 21.7 km (TTT)

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who wins?

• Cannondale

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There are pros for TTTs. Like Tuft getting a pick jersey on his birthday and Orica getting on the podium as a team. Great Job!!!

There are cons :( Like Poor Purito, hosed and Ryder totally hosed.

All in all a good day of racing, except for missing some because friggin' beIN dropped coverage while Dan Martin was lying on the floor :mad::mad:

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
gmedina said:
well, i think rigo was holding back and not showing too much...he will be flying in the mountains. And moviestar, bad luck on the weather (same with katusha), Nairo and Purito will have to be very aggressive to make up time.

its not a certain thing of course but....imo Nairo will take more than a minute only on Grappa tt:cool:

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Orica are so lucky it is a joke i mean OPQS and BMC would have crushed them if they started equal. I have never liked them probably because their so bland as a team. Big day for Evans and Uran. If Uran is in same form as last year and Quintana is a little off he can win the Giro he will be atleast 50/50 out of Uran and Evans battle i think.

Basso could win the Giro or do a good result what a day for the Ivan fans hope he shows something. Hesjedal should go home he really should focus on the TDF as his top 5 ambition is over unless it is raced hard and he is close to Purito and Quintana in the mountains. Dan Martin i feel for the guy, horrid luck but this is twice now in recent times. Do not get like Gesink who because of crashes is now a shell of his talent.

TRENDING THREADS