• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 5: Arras-Amiens 189.5km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Der Effe said:
True, but not as horrible as the Anglo-Saxon cultural imperialism that's been spreading around for a few decades now. Even though Froomey is a boss this sickening attitude has been embodied by US- and UK Postal perfectly in cycling.

You're actually condoning the assault of Sky employees because of "Anglo-Saxon cultural imperialism"?

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Der Effe said:
TMP402 said:
VanBsr said:
BeagRigh said:
del1962 said:
I missed this. What was the deal??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHJistBOCu8

Horrible to see prejudice like this in the 21st century.

True, but not as horrible as the Anglo-Saxon cultural imperialism that's been spreading around for a few decades now. Even though Froomey is a boss this sickening attitude has been embodied by US- and UK Postal perfectly in cycling.

No really, sporting tactics you disapprove of really isn't as horrible as violent conduct. Careful with your wording, or your priorities, or your brain, whichever it may be.

Der Effe said:

True dat.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

DBotero said:
ILovecycling said:
dacooley said:
giving up on contador winning the tour in the mountains?
I thought this even before the Tour, its unreal for a guy who rides Giro-Tour to be the best in the mountains of the whole field (sorry Marco) ;)

You shouldn't said that.You are a disgrace for Contador fans :p
:D
Im not talking for all AC fans, :p but I really had this thought in my mind.To be precise I thought he would be on par with Froome + Nibali (didint expect CF in such a form tho) and a bit below Quintana in the mountains (3rd week). He will win this Tour by being the best warrior and GT rider, not a climber (that was in 2014 :()

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Nibali was extremely nervous in the interview with Italian TV. Asked whether today was like the second stage, he looked very pissed off with the journalist. I’ve never seen Nibali so nervous

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

TMP402 said:
Der Effe said:

You're actually condoning the assault of Sky employees because of "Anglo-Saxon cultural imperialism"?

I am not. All I am saying is that behaviour like that doesn't come from nothing. That's something totally different to condoning or justifying it.

Poursuivant said:
TommyGun said:
franic said:
Was the Sky soigneur drunk? He almost put Mollema on the ground

Just saw that, absolutely gutted by Sky's attitude on this Tour. Reminds me when French guys ambushed a Sky team car in the Alps in 2013, to make them pay for their arrogance.

So they deserve a beating? Ok.

I never said that. But their arrogant ways sure does not make them very welcome in some places. And, sadly, some dumb people are always looking for an excuse to get violent. Let's hope for the best, but I would not be surprised if SKy had to face a hostile atmosphere by the end of the race.

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Come on, Sky are annoying as hell. They have one of the worst attitude towards cycling BUT assaulting Sky team’s cars is actually one of the most stupid things French people can do

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Der Effe said:
TMP402 said:
Der Effe said:

I am not. All I am saying is that behaviour like that doesn't come from nothing. That's something totally different to condoning or justifying it.

And I suppose women are part-responsible for being raped if they're wearing skimpy clothes too.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

Ryongsyong said:
Der Effe said:
TMP402 said:
Der Effe said:

And I suppose women are part-responsible for being raped if they're wearing skimpy clothes too.

Great post, shows intelligence.

I do believe that people who do not have the intelligence to use the power of reason will ventilate their feelings through violence. Even though I do not approve any kind of assault it doesn't make their feelings any less legitimate.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Re:

TMP402 said:
Both posters there saying "I don't condone assault, but..." - there is no "but". Outright condemnation is the prerequisite answer for a serious person.

If you have absolutely no clue about human nature and behaviour whatsoever that could be the case.

TRENDING THREADS