• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Castelrotto – Alpe di Siusi 10.8 km MTT

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
Can't see anyone but Chaves, Kruijswijk or Nibali winning this one. My money is on Chaves but I agree with the posters who says that gaps between the three will be very small.

Yesterday was a day of artrition. Today is a 10km uphill effort. I think there are more contenders, but then again the artrition of yesterday could still very well play a role.

Re: Re:

Kwibus said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Can't see anyone but Chaves, Kruijswijk or Nibali winning this one. My money is on Chaves but I agree with the posters who says that gaps between the three will be very small.

Yesterday was a day of artrition. Today is a 10km uphill effort. I think there are more contenders, but then again the artrition of yesterday could still very well play a role.
It certainly was, but I also think that yesterday showed that Kruijwijk, Chaves and Nibali are the strongest uphill. Who else do you think can challenge for the win today?

Kwibus said:
Certainly, but I think today is for the real climbers. He can top 10, but winning I don't think so.

Agreed, recovery will be very important for this stage as well. We don't know how much natural talent he has in that regard, but the little experience wouldn't help I guess.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I think it will be between Kruijswijk & Nibali for the win. Chaves won't be to far behind.
Nibali from what I see is/can match both Kruijswijk & Chaves on the climbs, he only lost out yesterday because of his attack, he pushed on with limited help. When Kruijswijk & Chaves attacked I don't think Nibali had recovered enough to match their move. If he did not attack previously he would have matched them for sure.
So for that reason I think Nibali will do just fine although may feel the pich a bit more given he had a solo chase yesterday. Kruijswijk to win.

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I think Scarponi might cause an upset. He was really strong on Giau and then forced to not go full speed once he was in the Valverde group. He has probably recovered better than most.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:
This MTT is pretty regular. Those first 2 km of flat are somewhat trivial I think.

What winning time do we expect? 27 minutes or thereabouts? Is the time limit gonna be an issue?

Eshnar predicts about 25 in the preview
I think time differences will be bigger than people might expect after such a hard day yesterday and this climb is no joke.
exactly, to recover yesterday it will be no fun!
bring it on! :)

vamoo chavitooo!!!

TRENDING THREADS