• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 13, Palmanova - Cividale 170 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Rollthedice said:
How is Krushweak descending? He almost crashed in that stage where Pirazzi collided with Cunego.
Never been in a position where it mattered that much. Prob average which is a prob vs nibs and piti but I think he can at least drop piti on the big climbs

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Pantani_lives said:
This is the kind of stage you will never see in France: climbs that aren't high, but steep. An ideal terrain for spectacle! This stage will make clear who the true candidates for the final victory are.
Exactly,the design of the stage is breathtaking!

Solo finish or small group of 3-5 riders to finish together.My gut tells me that Chaves will be a monster :cool:

Re: Re:

ILovecycling said:
Pantani_lives said:
This is the kind of stage you will never see in France: climbs that aren't high, but steep. An ideal terrain for spectacle! This stage will make clear who the true candidates for the final victory are.

Solo finish or small group of 3-5 riders to finish together.My gut tells me that Chaves will be a monster :cool:

Chaves has looked very sharp so far, he limited the losses in the TT very nicely, lost a couple of seconds on one of the stages by being poorly placed but outside of that he has matched the moves, climbed and descended as good as anyone else in the race. I don't think he can win the race but is a legitimate podium chance and is starting to look more and more like the real deal.

Of course we haven't raced any of the real climbs yet so I could be completely wrong :D

Re:

Mr.White said:
Expect attacks from the ones little behind in GC, like Pozzo, Uran, Zakarin... Also Astana might try with Fuglsang and Movistar with Amador. Descends will going to be crazy I think...

I'd be surprised to see them let Fuglsang go, as long as the GC is that tight. He is the one advantage Nibali has over the rest of the GC contenders. - I.e. the only non-captain who will still be there when it's down to to 10 riders.

I expect him to sit with Nibali all day, while it's Kangert or Scarponi sent out early..... if indeed Astana decides to ride the stage aggressively.

Re: Re:

StryderHells said:
ILovecycling said:
Pantani_lives said:

Chaves has looked very sharp so far, he limited the losses in the TT very nicely, lost a couple of seconds on one of the stages by being poorly placed but outside of that he has matched the moves, climbed and descended as good as anyone else in the race. I don't think he can win the race but is a legitimate podium chance and is starting to look more and more like the real deal.

Of course we haven't raced any of the real climbs yet so I could be completely wrong :D

I totally agree... the way he has been there every time Valverde made a move, is quite impressive.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: 2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 13, Palmanova - Cividale 170

Climbing said:
kareeem said:
Climbing said:
Here in my zone (center Italy) is raining cats and dogs at the moment.
If that's the case up there, it will be carnage for sure.

No, it's sunny.

Mhh, let's hope it's sunny tomorrow as well, many passes over 2000 mt...
It should be good, partly cloudy and about 15°C in Corvara.
I expect Chaves to be very strong today, but tomorrow we could see a few riders crack, a hard stage in the Dolomites at high altitude is totally different from all the other stages that we've had until now.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Kruijswijk to attack like mad on Porzus, reaching the summit with 30 seconds advantage.

Nibbles to do a crazy attack on the descent, catch Steven and together they will ride to the finish. \

Eventually Kruijswijk will win the sprint. Chaves to sprint to 3rd 45 seconds back together with Bala and Majka.

I see Andy Schleck is giving Jungels advice on how to win the Giro. I am not sure a rider who was noted for not winning despite his great talent is the right rider to be handing out such advice.

I agree with Arredondo that a Kruijswijk attack is highly likely.

Re:

Arredondo said:
Kruijswijk to attack like mad on Porzus, reaching the summit with 30 seconds advantage.

Nibbles to do a crazy attack on the descent, catch Steven and together they will ride to the finish. \

Eventually Kruijswijk will win the sprint. Chaves to sprint to 3rd 45 seconds back together with Bala and Majka.

That prediction seems decent.

... apart from the fact that Chaves outsprints Bala on the flats. Please Arredondo, you are wiser.

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Re:

TheGreenMonkey said:
I see Andy Schleck is giving Jungels advice on how to win the Giro. I am not sure a rider who was noted for not winning despite his great talent is the right rider to be handing out such advice.

I agree with Arredondo that a Kruijswijk attack is highly likely.
We are in a middle of a GT, so I guess Andy just left a pub after a few beers and decided to say a few smart things like an old veteran whos greatest accomplishment was to write some paper in an office, but speaks like he was a Rambo back then.