• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de France, Info & Discussion

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
I have to come up with something better than that, tho..

But who is missing? I think that's all. Could turn out to be a really good competition like in 2014 when Nairo isn't there more.
I really can't see anyone beyond these riders.

Re: Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
Valv.Piti said:

But who is missing? I think that's all. Could turn out to be a really good competition like in 2014 when Nairo isn't there more.

Is Aru ineligible eventhough he's actually 25 by the start of the tour (by a whole day!)?

infeXio said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Valv.Piti said:

Is Aru ineligible eventhough he's actually 25 by the start of the tour (by a whole day!)?

Unless the rules have changed a rider needs to be born in 1991 or later to be eligible.

roundabout said:
infeXio said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Valv.Piti said:

Unless the rules have changed a rider needs to be born in 1991 or later to be eligible.

Alright - cheers! :)

Re: 2016 Tour de France Discussion

Top 2 is easy for this:

Froome and Quintana and i don't think anyone knows which way it will go. If I had to guess i think Quintana might just edge it.

3rd: Contador, Aru and Porte are surely the only ones capable assuming no crashes and illnesses.

Mayomaniac said:
RattaKuningas said:
Anyone knows when we might see Astana lineup?
Aru
Nibali
Rosa
Tiralongo
Probably Lulu instead of Kangert
Cataldo
Fuglsang
Lutsenko
Gruzdev or Grivko

Thanks for posting it.
I hope that Kangert makes it because if he doesn't then there would be 0 Estonians in Tour this year. Kangert has usually been in "team Nibali" but Aru is leader this year and so they probably pick what Aru wants.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

RattaKuningas said:
Mayomaniac said:
RattaKuningas said:
Aru
Nibali
Rosa
Tiralongo
Cataldo
Fuglsang
Lutsenko
Gruzdev or Grivko

Thanks for posting it.
I hope that Kangert makes it because if he doesn't then there would be 0 Estonians in Tour this year. Kangert has usually been in "team Nibali" but Aru is leader this year and so they probably pick what Aru wants.
Yeah, but Kangert already rode the Giro and I want him to be fresh for Olympics, Rein and Tanel could surprise people.
I'm not too happy about the fact that Patrick Konrad is riding the Tour as his first gt, he seems to be pretty good in the heat, the Vuelta would be a great first gt for him (I view him as someone who could become a rider who's able to get a top 10 on gc in the Vuelta).

RattaKuningas said:
Mayomaniac said:
RattaKuningas said:
Aru
Nibali
Rosa
Tiralongo
Cataldo
Fuglsang
Lutsenko
Gruzdev or Grivko

Thanks for posting it.

Lulu was really strong in Dauphiné. If Aru wasn't that poor, Luisle even might have been the difference between Froome or Bardet winning the race.

Mayomaniac said:
RattaKuningas said:
Mayomaniac said:
RattaKuningas said:
Aru
Nibali
Rosa
Tiralongo
Cataldo
Fuglsang
Lutsenko
Gruzdev or Grivko

Thanks for posting it.
Yeah, but Kangert already rode the Giro and I want him to be fresh for Olympics, Rein and Tanel could surprise people.
I'm not too happy about the fact that Patrick Konrad is riding the Tour as his first gt, he seems to be pretty good in the heat, the Vuelta would be a great first gt for him (I view him as someone who could become a rider who's able to get a top 10 on gc in the Vuelta).

Only reason why I have little bit of hope that Kangert might race the Tour is that he will miss Estonian National Championships because he has to train in high mountains with Astana and Nibali. But he said that he doesn't know if he is among chosen 9 riders or not.

Re:

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Bora-Argon 18:

Shane Archbold (NZL)
Jan Bárta (CZE)
Cesare Benedetti (ITA)
Sam Bennett (IRL)
Emanuel Buchmann (GER)
Bartosz Huzarski (POL)
Patrick Konrad (AUT)
Andreas Schillinger (GER)
Paul Voß (GER)

That's a couple of lead outs for Bennett, everyone else trying to get into the break every day squad. Which is normal enough for a Wildcard team, but interesting in this case because it signals the death of Dominik Nerz's abortive career as a GC rider. That was a disaster of a signing for both team and rider.

It's possible that Buchmann or Konrad might be allowed to ride for GC, but I hope not. Both would be much better off trying to get into breaks on climbing days rather than anonymously fighting for 17th.

Nice to see the Flying Mullett ride the Tour. No Muhlberger, presumably because he's too young and they want to bring him on carefully. No Poestlberger either, presumably because despite being a bit older he is also inexperienced at the top level and there are other all rounder types ahead of him in the pecking order.

May 20, 2014
Visit site

RattaKuningas said:
Mayomaniac said:
RattaKuningas said:
Mayomaniac said:
RattaKuningas said:
Aru
Nibali
Rosa
Tiralongo
Cataldo
Fuglsang
Lutsenko
Gruzdev or Grivko

Thanks for posting it.

Only reason why I have little bit of hope that Kangert might race the Tour is that he will miss Estonian National Championships because he has to train in high mountains with Astana and Nibali. But he said that he doesn't know if he is among chosen 9 riders or not.

I'd be very surprised if Kangert is dropped from Astana Tour team. His consistency as dom in GTs has been remarkable and all I've heard he is highly regarded in Astana. To have a guy like him prepare for the Giro Tour double as season goals again this year and then just cut him..I just don't see why Astana would cut one of their most, if not the most reliable GT domestiques from their Tour line-up.

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

Tonton said:
Red Rick said:
So. What have we learnt from the Dauphine?
Not a whole lot.

Froome and Contador: even. But Sky is much better than Tinkov.

For the riders on Serious Sam's graph:

Pinot and Aru, have work to do, that's not a haiku :D .

Porte? He looked good, but he seems to have bad karma.

Brigitte Bardet (looks good on a bike :p ) and Balaphilippe can dynamite things, are not real threats, but let one of them in a break and take 5 minutes, and he'll be in yellow on Bastille Day and dangerous.

The plot thickens. Depending on your allegiance, you can find hope. Nothing really new...
What a bunch of rubbish, what is wrong with you?

Zinoviev Letter said:
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Bora-Argon 18:

Shane Archbold (NZL)
Jan Bárta (CZE)
Cesare Benedetti (ITA)
Sam Bennett (IRL)
Emanuel Buchmann (GER)
Bartosz Huzarski (POL)
Patrick Konrad (AUT)
Andreas Schillinger (GER)
Paul Voß (GER)

That's a couple of lead outs for Bennett, everyone else trying to get into the break every day squad. Which is normal enough for a Wildcard team, but interesting in this case because it signals the death of Dominik Nerz's abortive career as a GC rider. That was a disaster of a signing for both team and rider.

Maybe he is aiming at the Vuelta.

TRENDING THREADS