• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2018 Innsbruck World Championship Men's Road Race - 259km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: 2018 Innsbruck World Championship Men's Road Race - 259k

Kwibus said:
All that matters is that they wont wait for thhe final climb. If today is a proper race then I dont mind who wins it.
And if they wait for the final climb, we'll find whoever put that last climb in the parcours, and find where they live, and send them hate glitter mails

***** Valverde, Uran, Woods
**** Yates A, Pinot, Majka, Nibali, Gallopin
*** Yates S, D Martin, Teuns, Alaphilippe, Benoot, Kwiatkowski
** Bardet, Moscon, Izaguirre, Lopez, Poels, Kelderman, Mollema, Henao, Zakarin
* Mas, Dumoullin, Valgren, Schachmann, Roglic, Kreuziger, Costa, Jungels, Pozzovivo

Red Rick said:
Kwibus said:
All that matters is that they wont wait for thhe final climb. If today is a proper race then I dont mind who wins it.
And if they wait for the final climb, we'll find whoever put that last climb in the parcours, and find where they live, and send them hate glitter mails

Was Thomas Rohregger who had the idea

Roglic has been doing the last weeks more than 250 kms training sessions with a steep climb at the end to be ready for this. I know that training is not the same as racing but he seems like a guy that always have everything under control to perform well in his top goals, so I have many faith in him for today despite the fact that he is unproven in that distance (although this year the Tour stage that he won was over 200 kms and the Tirreno stage over 230 kms, but still nothing comparable to this course).

pablohidalgo7 said:
Roglic has been doing the last weeks more than 250 kms training sessions with a steep climb at the end to be ready for this. I know that training is not the same as racing but he seems like a guy that always have everything under control to perform well in his top goals, so I have many faith in him for today despite the fact that he is unproven in that distance (although this year the Tour stage that he won was over 200 kms and the Tirreno stage over 230 kms, but still nothing comparable to this course).
Yeah Roglic is definitely one of the favorites for me. He's actually won on the walls and on major mountain stages this year, Alaphilippe couldn't drop him on shorter climbs in Pais Vasco, and he's also had his share of descending spectacle this year.

If Roglic is in top form, he's my #1 favorite. But he have no idea where his form is.

Re: Re:

GuyIncognito said:
Red Rick said:
"It's a flat start, flat finish, a bit lumpy inbetween"

Anyway, who's that commentator that only does the WC every year cause I can't freaking stand his voice

The little bald 45 year old who sounds 20?

EDIT: This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edg0Xd3N52w&t=6s
Yeah, that one.

He actually makes exciting things sound like I'm watching paint dry

Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
GuyIncognito said:
Red Rick said:
"It's a flat start, flat finish, a bit lumpy inbetween"

Anyway, who's that commentator that only does the WC every year cause I can't freaking stand his voice

The little bald 45 year old who sounds 20?

EDIT: This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edg0Xd3N52w&t=6s
Yeah, that one.

He actually makes exciting things sound like I'm watching paint dry

I agree. His voice (or, rather his accent to be fair) is just the worst I have ever heard. Plus he is soooo boring.