• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2018 Innsbruck World Championship Men's Road Race - 259km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think guys like Kwiato, Valverde or Alaphilippe will be dropped by climbers.
Nibali, Dumo, Poels, Moscon? - I don't think so.
Simon or Adam FTW, it would be great, but I wouldn't be surprised by Bardet, Quintana, Roglic or.. Majka :confused: win.

Re: Re:

Alexandre B. said:
gregrowlerson said:
Pantani_lives said:
There's a bluff game going on between the big teams now. With a gap of almost twenty minutes we're close to the point where somebody will have to work. Everybody is hoping that someone else will do it.

This.

I for one hope that the break doesn't win. One of my personal favs who is an outsider like Krueziger, Fuglsang or Jungels would be nice. If it is one of the main favourites then I would like to see Valverde finally win gold.

And if Sagan somehow won then it would be great too.

Oh, and Mjentis. Because that would make the forum really happy :D
Meintjes isn't even riding, I believe.

Not that anyone will notice

GuyIncognito said:
Alexandre B. said:
gregrowlerson said:
Pantani_lives said:
There's a bluff game going on between the big teams now. With a gap of almost twenty minutes we're close to the point where somebody will have to work. Everybody is hoping that someone else will do it.

This.

I for one hope that the break doesn't win. One of my personal favs who is an outsider like Krueziger, Fuglsang or Jungels would be nice. If it is one of the main favourites then I would like to see Valverde finally win gold.

Very true. He's the ninja that nobody likes!

Pretty sure that I saw his name on the startlist yesterday.

Don't understand why people think Woods has a chance. Such a bad descender won't win even though i would love to see it. I also think Jungels will be dangerous and a good outsider. Another good outsider could be Kreuziger. This race has been his goal for a while, he is good at one day races and a good climber, while he looked good in Canada. My last outside bet is Rein Tarranamae, Just a gut feeling

RedheadDane said:
Armchair cyclist said:
Are the Norwegian national team really sponsored by UAE?

Laengen rides on UAE, so he might just be wearing some of his regular kit.
There is a UAE logo on the jersey though

samhocking said:
Most federations allow your trade team sponsor to be put on the National shorts I believe.
From what I can see, some countries have a jersey only, and riders are using their team bibshorts, others (including Norway) have provided a full kit

Re:

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
I think guys like Kwiato, Valverde or Alaphilippe will be dropped by climbers.
Nibali, Dumo, Poels, Moscon? - I don't think so.
Simon or Adam FTW, it would be great, but I wouldn't be surprised by Bardet, Quintana, Roglic or.. Majka :confused: win.
would be great but they need to make race hard fór that, in colombia I more believe in Uran, Quintana Is not good enough.

So igls is about 20min effort, or has anyone timed it? If they softpedal the first two it still adds up to roughly 100min around, at and over threshold. The over emphasised on the last laps especially. A big test of stamina.

Thinking poels gonna win this If he is on a good day. Big If...

gregrowlerson said:
GuyIncognito said:
Alexandre B. said:
gregrowlerson said:
Pantani_lives said:

This.

Very true. He's the ninja that nobody likes!

Pretty sure that I saw his name on the startlist yesterday.

He was in the initial selection, but as they have to pay their own way, plenty of South African riders decided not to race.

They were even told they had to pay for support staff until dimension data stepped in to support the team.