• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 Giro d'Italia, Stage 1: Monreale – Palermo 15 km ITT

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
he was not

but that's magic of team that made Brambilla finish 5th in a long ITT in the Giro once
Take it to the clinic.

Almeida has done some very good ITT's in the U23 and juniors. He wasn't always consistent but he had far too many top placings to act like this guy comes from nowhere, while ignoring todays specific conditions. You just posted a list of 7 out of 12 top 10 finishes.

Take it to the clinic.

Almeida has done some very good ITT's in the U23 and juniors. He wasn't always consistent but he had far too many top placings to act like this guy comes from nowhere, while ignoring todays specific conditions. You just posted a list of 7 out of 12 top 10 finishes.

You can go ahead and list those 'far too many top placings' then, because I don't see them.

Edit: and yes, but 3 of the top 10 finishes are 10th, 3 in prologues, and 1 in a hilly TT

You can go ahead and list those 'far too many top placings' then, because I don't see them.
Like i said, you just posted a list of 7 top 10s out of 12 races. And those don't even take into account national titles or podiums.

Maybe you should compare his ITT's to those of Ganna as U23/junior - 2017 & before, and you'll be amazed that the difference will be a lot smaller than you think.

Like i said, you just posted a lost of 7 top 10s out of 12 races. And those don't even take into account national titles or podiums.

Maybe you should compare his ITT's to those of Ganna as U23/junior - 2017 & before, and you'll be amazed that the difference will be a lot smaller than you think.

Seems like you just moved the goal posts and Almeida actually doesn't have far too many top placings like you claimed.

Reactions: Salvarani
After Ganna finished, the Italians just packed the timing equipment and stopped posting intermediate time checks... :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Tissot timing seems to have died before Ganna got to the 2nd split. PCS just going off tv picks now

Edit: Back now it seems