• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 Giro d'Italia, Stage 1: Monreale – Palermo 15 km ITT

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What the hell are you even talking about. You posted the link with 7 top 10 ITT's out of 12 ITT's yourself. You were the one claiming he was never a good ITT'er, while clearly, he was. You were the one with the clinic insinuations based on this specific ITT. Yet if Almeida wasn't a good ITT'er as a youth, then almost nobody was. Maybe you should check results of junior and U23 ITT's of guys you DO consider "good ITT'ers". And see if they did any better.

He posted the link himself.

I'll repeat

3 top 10s were 10th places, 3 were prologues and 1 was a hilly ITT.

I don't think a stat line of 28-30-10 in major championships, clearly makes one a good ITT rider. But I see that you keep on ignoring that part.

I'll repeat

3 top 10s were 10th places, 3 were prologues and 1 was a hilly ITT.

I don't think a stat line of 28-30-10 in major championships, clearly makes one a good ITT rider. But I see that you keep on ignoring that part.
And you keep ignoring the part that today was also a short ITT, with very specific conditions. And you keep ignoring the part that even top ITTers rarely have better results in youth categories. Now you are the one moving goalposts as if multiple 10th places aren't indicative of being a good ITT'er. To that extent, that you feel the need to start insinuating clinic circumstances.

And you keep ignoring the part that today was also a short ITT, with very specific conditions. And you keep ignoring the part that even top ITTers rarely have better results in youth categories. Now you are the one moving goalposts as if a 10th places isn't indicative of being a good ITT'er. To that extent, that you feel the need to start insinuating clinic circumstances.

1. 15 minutes is much different to a prologue.
  2. Show the top ITTers who don't have better results. You claimed it, not me. And edit: and that would still be different to you original point.
  3. You are the one with your own unique definition of too many top results to count, if now 10th places are considered.
Brambilla producing an absurd ITT at QS is a fact. It was what it was, but the fact that you made a connection with the clinic, suggests that even you don't have a credible explanation for that ride.

Reactions: Sandisfan