• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 Giro d'Italia, Stage 1: Monreale – Palermo 15 km ITT

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Perhaps, but wouldn't the extra weight from leaning on the TT bar make the front wheel a little bit more controllable?
Response of a gust of wind is much faster on a TT bike because of more weight to the front (in my experience). You can better control small gusts, but big gusts (like in between high buildings on that descent) are really scary.
As far as I can see, Dennis really had the worst of the worst in terms of wind gusts. It already seems to be better now.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think Dennis was just really unlucky, he caught the worst gusts of wind so far. You could see it.

Now it looks better again.

Gusts of wind might just come randomly. It will be a lottery today.
Or perhaps he's just a worse bike handler? Or stops fighting easily when things don't go his way?

Foss rode with the same conditions and had a great time. Dennis probably just gave up when he felt unsafe.

Reactions: spalco
Or perhaps he's just a worse bike handler? Or stops fighting easily when things don't go his way?

Foss rode with the same conditions and had a great time. Dennis probably just gave up when he felt unsafe.

Yes, having trouble with the wind might have caused the "bad" time trial. His position on the bike and how hard he could push. Unlucky.

Not that he is bad.

Others might not had the same gusts of wind, or simply handled it better.