• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1666 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
and so only the Tour. Again, Tour Tour Tour. I hope he knows well what he is doing(in the sense, actually he believes he can win again?) . I fear an anonymous race in France.
If Froome and Quintana strive only for Tour (avoiding Gito) will also be hard to podium

Re: Re:

IndianCyclist said:
De Jongh comes from Sky and knows their methods. Contador has his training data & race data. Comparing that with Froome's timing can easily tell if he is going to be competitive or not. He has won multiple times all GTs. So that cant be really a motivation. What he mostly likely wants to do is defeat Froome at his strongest at the TDF which he has never done and which would be good challenge and motivation. That he never had a good chance at that except 2014 would be frustrating for him and he probably wants a good go at Froome. Plus Froome is at 3 TDFs

Exactly, can't see anything else being a real motivation to keep going...well of course he and his family/entourage can always use the money but he wouldn't be doing it just for that.

Re:

hrotha said:
So did you guys hear Quintana talking to Froome and "subtly" criticizing Contador (while Froome nodded politely, probably not fully understanding what Quintana was saying)?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LeLJcCYThE&feature=youtu.be&t=1525
(25:25)

You can't make out much of what Quintana says, but the words "He made his team attack and blow everything up and then he was left without teammates to defend himself" and "You can't blame anyone else for your mistakes, know what I mean?" are crystal clear. :D

the charisma of a peanut

bring back riccardo ricco

jens_attacks said:
KyoGrey said:
51 A. Contador
52 B. Mollema
53 J. Degenkolb
54 K. De Kort
55 F. Felline
56 M. Irizar
57 J. Pantano
58 J. Stuyven
59 D. Theuns

With Jesusito in the backseat and maybe ¿Zubeldia?

and bauke will do his own race... :eek:
if you go with this team to win the tour, you must be crazy sorry...

vamos por il giro

It will be nice if Bauke does the Giro instead.

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

jens_attacks said:
hrotha said:
So did you guys hear Quintana talking to Froome and "subtly" criticizing Contador (while Froome nodded politely, probably not fully understanding what Quintana was saying)?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LeLJcCYThE&feature=youtu.be&t=1525
(25:25)

You can't make out much of what Quintana says, but the words "He made his team attack and blow everything up and then he was left without teammates to defend himself" and "You can't blame anyone else for your mistakes, know what I mean?" are crystal clear. :D

the charisma of a peanut

bring back riccardo ricco

Didn't Contador complain that Movistar didn't help chase down Chaves? I guess Quintana was responding to those comments by saying it was Contador/Tinkoff's own fault - rather than Movistar's problem.

Singer01 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Really? He wasn't competitive at the Vuelta? :eek:
Really he was? He was competitive for a normal cyclist, not for someone who has done the things he has done.
I would consider his performance in San Sebastian this year to qualify as "not competitive", and possibly Algarve as well. In all other races, including the Vuelta he was right at the pointy end.

When someone asks "does anyone know if he's going to be competitive?" they probably want to know if he'll cruise to the finish or not, not necessarily if he is going to win.