• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 561 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Race has gone perfectly for Contador. How could it have been different. The two key points being Monday and the TT where noted here prior to the start and that's how its gone. TT will decide the outcome. At the end of the day Contador is Strong as an ox and that a call that matters.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Poursuivant said:
I missed today, was AC in trouble at all?

Not really no. He didnt have any problems following Valverde. (who made a very nice attack, I must say)

Still very much up for grabs though, Valverde also looks very strong and Contador wasnt exactly great in the last ITT, even though this one is a bit different of course.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
peloton said:
This race is a very good tune up for the Ardennes, makes sense he is riding it, even in a support role.

The TT will be interesting tomorrow, hopefully AC has a skin suit that fits well :eek:

So why they wanted him not to the race, but to train?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Miburo said:
If Contador wins pais basque he'll win the tour.

2nd at Algarve.
1st at T-A.
2nd at Catalunya.
1st at Pais basque?
2nd DL?
1st Tour?

;)

I cant see what could possibly go wrong with this prediction. Time to bet the house on Alberto :p

TRENDING THREADS