• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 480 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
LaFlorecita said:
So what if that Contador will never come back? Geez. He's only human. We can't expect him to keep performing like that forever.

Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
Alberto rode a nice race today; he had Majika with Ulissi up front, and as soon as Contador jumped to the trio inside the last 500/700 meters, Ulissi started his sprint as he saw the spaniard arriving.

By the way, he was on skinsuit today.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
he's never gonna come back

you are wrong

if Horner can win a GT at 42 everything is possible.

depends on his motivation, like in Wiggins case. After you are rich and successful it becomes a motivation thing.

EnacheV said:
you are wrong

if Horner can win a GT at 42 everything is possible.

depends on his motivation, like in Wiggins case. After you are rich and successful it becomes a motivation thing.

No it doesn't, Contador ain't Wiggins. You can't just apply Wiggins logic to another cyclist. Besides, you don't know anything about Contador so I have no idea how you can even try to draw a conclusion.

It is clear Contador will most likely never be the same again. Drawing Horner into the discussion doesn't matter one bit.

LaFlorecita said:
No it doesn't, Contador ain't Wiggins. You can't just apply Wiggins logic to another cyclist. Besides, you don't know anything about Contador so I have no idea how you can even try to draw a conclusion.

It is clear Contador will most likely never be the same again. Drawing Horner into the discussion doesn't matter one bit.

I think he still has one more GT in him. Maybe next year's Giro would be a good idea, teach that little Richie a lesson, Nibs will not be there and neither Nairito so it might be doable.

LaFlorecita said:
I don't understand this. Yes he got beaten by Ulissi. He also got beaten by Majka, Moreno and Pozzovivo. He beat Valverde. I don't see the point. 5th is okay. Even when he was still good he didn't win everything. I don't see how it's "sad". Sad would be if he finished in the gruppetto.

I wasn't being sarcastic. 5th on such a finish in the end of a rather dissappointing season is quite good;). Also, I didn't see the race, it only saw the results, so I can barely judge that

webvan said:
Roche seems to think he has a chance of winning the Vuelta ?! That guy is such a joke! He should be happy to be allowed to (try to) help real GT contenders like Bertie...

That isn't what he says but let's be honest Roche as well as other GC guys on Saxo like Majka and Kreuziger should be given a chance to ride for themselves. And Contador won't be much more than a top 5 candidate anyway after going all out in the Tour.

@ammattipyoraily: Milano-Torino, Basilica di Superga (last 4.10 km)
2012 | Alberto Contador: 11 min 52 sec
2013 | Diego Ulissi: 12 min 30 sec
#MilanoTorino

@ammattipyoraily: #MilanoTorino 2012, Basilica di Superga (last 4.10 km, 8.90 %, 365 m). Alberto Contador: 11:52, 20.73 Kph, VAM 1846 m/h, 6.39 W/kg [DrF]

@ammattipyoraily: #MilanoTorino 2013, Basilica di Superga (last 4.10 km, 8.90 %, 365 m). Diego Ulissi: 12:30, 19.68 Kph, VAM 1752 m/h, 6.06 W/kg [DrF].

It seems that Contador is a lot slower this year even compared to last year when he wasn't great either. See also the Arrate climb (?) in this year's Vuelta al Pais Vasco and last year's Vuelta a España. Puts things into perspective.

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
LaFlorecita said:
@ammattipyoraily: Milano-Torino, Basilica di Superga (last 4.10 km)
2012 | Alberto Contador: 11 min 52 sec
2013 | Diego Ulissi: 12 min 30 sec
#MilanoTorino

@ammattipyoraily: #MilanoTorino 2012, Basilica di Superga (last 4.10 km, 8.90 %, 365 m). Alberto Contador: 11:52, 20.73 Kph, VAM 1846 m/h, 6.39 W/kg [DrF]

@ammattipyoraily: #MilanoTorino 2013, Basilica di Superga (last 4.10 km, 8.90 %, 365 m). Diego Ulissi: 12:30, 19.68 Kph, VAM 1752 m/h, 6.06 W/kg [DrF].

It seems that Contador is a lot slower this year even compared to last year when he wasn't great either. See also the Arrate climb (?) in this year's Vuelta al Pais Vasco and last year's Vuelta a España. Puts things into perspective.

Last year he was riding for victory, this year he had Majika up front.
For a long time in the last kms he looked like waiting for other guys like Valverde to move acros the 3 guys ahead but then moved himself at the very last km.

40 sec is a lot in just 4 km if he was going full gas, but by the video he wasn't this year so I would say almost similar performance like last year.

TRENDING THREADS