• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1438 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wasn't expecting so much time bled from Contador in a single stage.

27d.jpg

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
This is not 2014 for Contador, at all. In fact, that was more 2013 than anything else.

Like Kwibus said and I thought so as well, he's got a problem with high paced stages. Not boding well for the Tour at all

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Not good, not good.
What do we do now? Take solace in the fact that he was strong in the prologue or get depressed by what we saw today?
I hope the prologue was his "true" shape and today just an off day. But we will know more in 24 hours.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

BlurryVII said:
Yates and Martin finishing better than him, once again, what's going on lol?

He really shouldn't be that bad, it's mind boggling.

You should give him your number so you can coach him. If you wanna cheer for someone just you expect him to win all the time to fill the gaps in your life, then go cheer for the warriors, djokovic, barca,...

In the dauphine he's normally always eh but not in 2014, not a good sign although i don't think it's terrible. Tomorrow he won't have to control anything, that's a positive :D

Re: Re:

Miburo said:
BlurryVII said:

You should give him your number so you can coach him. If you wanna cheer for someone just you expect him to win all the time to fill the gaps in your life, then go cheer for the warriors, djokovic, barca,...

In the dauphine he's normally always eh but not in 2014, not a good sign although i don't think it's terrible. Tomorrow he won't have to control anything, that's a positive :D

Sky have race control down to a science though.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Miburo said:
BlurryVII said:

Edited by Mod. No need to start insulting people

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Red Rick said:
Vintage blow up

Contador doesn't just drop, when he loses contact he blows up like a motherfucker. I've never seen it like that with any rider this consistent. I guess Evans although that was even more excessive :D

But i don't remember any race of Contador where if he drops he loses seconds, it just doesn't happen xD

LaFlorecita said:
rune1107 said:
I don't understand how he could do a prologue on the level of Porte and Froome, and then get wrecked like this today? The Tour looks difficult now..
I guess he overcooked himself trying to follow Froome. It's an entirely different dynamic. In the TT he could just ride his own tempo, never going too far into the red.

Blowing himself up or not. He would never had caught Fromme

TRENDING THREADS